• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos Info Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple Addition that should've always been there.

GOW_Lore_and_Legends_Page_97_Revenants_Move_Through_Sheets_of_Reality.png

Kratos was aware of what the revenants were doing and how their powers worked from a glance.

Screenshot_20230322_033047.png

Kratos knew freya was capable of using the "Old Magic" after only being with her for a few moments

Screenshot_20230322_032448.png

Despite the fact she nor anyone else had not used said "old magic" in at least a hundred years
Screenshot_20230322_032645.png

Screenshot_20230322_032450.png

With her also being incredibly unsure of herself and her ability to even use said magic.

As per @Planck69 request

Last edited:
You forgot this too.

Kratos instinctively realizes just how dangerous the Spear of Destiny tucked away at the Dark Rider's side was. He refuses to back down because of his confidence, but eventually Gaia's warning does the trick and he takes it to heart and is much, much more cautious about it.

latest

I don't think I need to state the obvious beyond this point. I wholeheartedly agree with the addition.

Confused on why this wasn't on his profile before considering some of the reasonings for his ESP and how many times it has been mentioned in VS threads, agreed.

Yeah hard disagree, if this was info analysis he'd be scanning it like a robot to get data right off the bat. Kratos knowing of Freya's old magic doesn't really mean info analysis as that can easily be Faye just letting him know how the world works.

Yeah hard disagree, if this was info analysis he'd be scanning it like a robot to get data right off the bat. Kratos knowing of Freya's old magic doesn't really mean info analysis as that can easily be Faye just letting him know how the world works.
.....? You do realize that you don't need to be portrayed as some data scanner to get this right? So long as it can be reasonably observed or inferred that you gain information from analyzing your target then it's fine. The ability page itself merely describes it as such.

That's how information analysis works, and again, old magic shouldn't be used as an argument when he's been with Faye for a long time and she told him everything on the world. At best it's a possible info analysis with the sheets of reality line, but old magic doesn't really imply he was able to analyze the abilities.

That's how information analysis works, and again, old magic shouldn't be used as an argument when he's been with Faye for a long time and she told him everything on the world. At best it's a possible info analysis with the sheets of reality line, but old magic doesn't really imply he was able to analyze the abilities.
A valid viewpoint I suppose, though personally I feel even with that aside the Revenant and Spear of Destiny instances are enough for it outright.

There's one small issue. Kratos didn't pay attention to everything Faye said. That and Faye didn't reveal to them everything, which is why GoW2018 exists as a whole.

Even without the Old Magic stuff (Which I don't really agree with because again, Faye kept them in the dark for so long), it would be Info Analysis flat out because of the Spear of Destiny and the Revenant thing, no room for "Possibly".

A valid viewpoint I suppose, though personally I feel even with that aside the Revenant and Spear of Destiny instances are enough for it outright.
No the Old Magic stuff is the most blatant and concrete example here. He was capable of deciphering the fact Freya was capable of using a certain ability and type of magic despite freya not even knowing if she could, and on multiple occasions telling kratos he expected too much of her and the Old Magic is too difficult to use. Top that with the old magic not being used once outright in 100+ years and you get kratos knowing she can use an ability that hasn't been used in a century+ and she's unsure of her ability to do so..... by simply talking with her about Atreus' Godhood and witholding the truth from him. Kratos not being sci-fi and scanning everything instantly in the environment like a robot is like saying if you're not Accelerator you're not getting vector manip.

And yeah faye told kratos zilch. It's not even that she told him nothing, he refused to listen to what she had to say. Atreus was baffled kratos even knew thors name of all things, but it's not like kratos knowing about the old magic beforehand is relevant here it's just cool theory territory of where he encountered it prior. It wouldn't help him in deciphering freyas ability to use said magic when she never showcased the ability to do so.

No the Old Magic stuff is the most blatant and concrete example here. He was capable of deciphering the fact Freya was capable of using a certain ability and type of magic despite freya not even knowing if she could, and on multiple occasions telling kratos he expected too much of her and the Old Magic is too difficult to use. Top that with the old magic not being used once outright in 100+ years and you get kratos knowing she can use an ability that hasn't been used in a century+ and she's unsure of her ability to do so..... by simply talking with her about Atreus' Godhood and witholding the truth from him. Kratos not being sci-fi and scanning everything instantly in the environment like a robot is like saying if you're not Accelerator you're not getting vector manip.

And yeah faye told kratos zilch. It's not even that she told him nothing, he refused to listen to what she had to say. Atreus was baffled kratos even knew thors name of all things, but it's not like kratos knowing about the old magic beforehand is relevant here it's just cool theory territory of where he encountered it prior. It wouldn't help him in deciphering freyas ability to use said magic when she never showcased the ability to do so.
And that's why you're the main God of War dude and not me.

Faye didn’t tell them about their Journey, saying she didn’t tell Kratos and Atreus anything about the Norse realm mythos is beyond stupid given how Kratos is unfamiliar with these lands.

The spear of destiny argument barely has any ground beyond “Kratos sensed its power and knows it’s dangerous”. That’s not enough for info analysis.

Faye didn’t tell them about their Journey, saying she didn’t tell Kratos and Atreus anything about the Norse realm mythos is beyond stupid given how Kratos is unfamiliar with these lands.
No? She told Atreus about most of the mythos, Kratos almost never paid attention beyond the bare minimum.

Last edited:
Do you actually have proof Kratos was told about old magic system? Let's say even if he did, did Faye ever told Kratos that Freya can use old magic ? Because its one thing to know a magic system exists, while it's something else entirely to know who can use said magic system.

And neither of which was told to Kratos that I know of, unless you have proof to show for it.

The spear of destiny argument barely has any ground beyond “Kratos sensed its power and knows it’s dangerous”. That’s not enough for info analysis.
He was practically deciphering how the magic flowed and circulated throughout the weapon well before it was ever even produced. I won't say it isn't ESP, but it definitely doesn't stop there. If he can decipher how the magic works in a weapon even if the weapon itself was never seen before by him, that's information analysis. It doesn't need to be done as if Kratos is a robot scanner.

Plenty of people have info analytics for doing similar things. Sharingan in Naruto, Observation Haki in OP, Ki sensing in Black Clover etc.

And I'll point out that deciphering raw power/speed etc. does qualify for Information Analysis (the page itself specifies that). Discerning powers is just a deeper level of that ability.

Information Analysis (Sherlock has a keen eye for detail and can accurately deduce how a machine works just by looking at it.)
Lol

I'll compile the votes so far;

Agree: 15 (Planck69, KLOL506, GilverTheProtoAngelo, Shmooply, Maverick_Zero_X, AStrangeverse, chosen, MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer, BEASTHEART880, Popted2, ATalentedMaid, CorneredHarbor, Eseseso, LuffyRuffy46307, XSOULOFCINDERX)

Disagree: 1 (Theglassman12)

Neutral: 0

Last edited:
To add to the above, Kratos can also discern compatibility between magics and unique materials by observing them, despite not actually unleashing said magic and having never seen said materials before;

Screenshot_20230323-101328_Aldiko.jpg
image0.jpg

- God of War II Novelization, Ch. 23.

I'll compile the votes so far;

Agree: 15 (Planck69, KLOL506, GilverTheProtoAngelo, Shmooply, Maverick_Zero_X, AStrangeverse, chosen, MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer, BEASTHEART880, Popted2, ATalentedMaid, CorneredHarbor, Eseseso, LuffyRuffy46307, XSOULOFCINDERX)

Disagree: 1 (Theglassman12)

Neutral: 0
That The biggest vote difference i seen in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back