• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos (God of War) vs The Old Man of Wandering Mountain (Concept vs Plot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can have AE Type 1 based on nothingness. Given, I'm not trying to argue that the old man definitely can affect concepts. But that he can affect other abstract stuff is a suggestive eyebrow wiggling that he might. If it came down to that I would still consider this just inconclusive, though.

But as said, it doesn't matter. If his physical body isn't resistant to plot manip, and he acts through that physical body, the physical body gets incapped regardless of all concept stuff and Kratos with it.
That's far-fetched because you can have AE type 1 based on the concept of nothingness, not the nothingness itself which is governed by that concept

I'm not saying that Kratos can win

BUMP

The plot manip is passive so he can't blitz.

And it covers 2 universes in range and is High 3-A or low 2-C in potency. (OP should specify)

If you don't resist it, you can't take any actions unless the old man writes that you do. So Kratos is just immediately incapped, since he has no resistance.
For this battle both are 2-C tier. Kratos has better AP (scale to 9 universes) while old man just 2 universes.

Also since kratos has passive advanced AD/RE i wonder kratos will gain resistance to Plot Manip overtime since what oldman dude just incap kratos in infinite loop (Unless the old man just erase kratos from existence using plot manip or negate his power before even battle began)
Plus i don't think Old man plot manip have Reactive Evolution properties which mean old man plot manip can't bypass kratos resistance (which becoming stronger overtime)

Last edited:
Also since kratos has passive advanced AD/RE i wonder kratos will gain resistance to Plot Manip overtime since what oldman dude just incap kratos in infinite loop (Unless the old man just erase kratos from existence using plot manip or negate his power before even battle began)
Plus i don't think Old man plot manip have Reactive Evolution properties which mean old man plot manip can't bypass kratos resistance (which becoming stronger overtime)
No no, you going into a dangerous zone of NLF, you can't assume that Kratos can accelerate develop or evolve himself to gain resistance to Plot hax without a single feat

This is indeed NLF to assume Kratos would gain resistance to Plot Manip with AD/RE.

If hope is a power that can go up against concepts, shouldn't this include the concept of plots and stories and stuff?

Or is Old Mans plot manip above concepts?

If hope is a power that can go up against concepts, shouldn't this include the concept of plots and stories and stuff?

Or is Old Mans plot manip above concepts?
sadly nope.

also old mans plot manip isn't above concepts but able to control Nonexistent physiology type 2

I still wonder what's the point of RE/AD here since it's basically useless in every vs match
Any lesser hax Kratos can then overcome, gain new Resistances to and then gain his own power level boost.

Last edited:
Literally just read the OP of the CRT that just went through fam. Or you know, just read Demigod Kratos's P&A. All the scans and references are there. I'm not here to hold your hand. You literally agreed to the main OP and voted.

The Heimdall and Fate stuff is spoiler material so there's no reason to delve into that yet.

Not like it matters. Stuff like this Kratos can't AD/RE against, especially when it involves conceptual BS of this scale. That's why I said "Lesser hax" that is more rudimentary.

Any lesser hax Kratos can then overcome, gain new Resistances to and then gain his own power level boost.
You missed my point, RE is useless in general when it comes to vs matches because apparently it doesn't let you gain resistance to any new hax.

Say, for example, Kratos has re that has worked against concept or law hax but it is totally useless if someone from DC can bust EE as he won't be getting resistance to that.

You missed my point, RE is useless in general when it comes to vs matches because apparently it doesn't let you gain resistance to any new hax.

Say, for example, Kratos has re that has worked against concept or law hax but it is totally useless if someone from DC can bust EE as he won't be getting resistance to that.
Oh. I see.

That's not entirely true.
Depending on feats, it can allow evolution against haxxed which are in ballpark of your own feats.
Or even increase hax/resistance you already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back