• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos and most of the gods are far beyond multi continent level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually no, the text literally points out Forged inside the Sun's core, this spear possesses the strength to bear the weight of the cosmos. not sure how this points out weight of a universe.

I don't know, it's not like we even know how heavy the universe is, but it wasn't a WoG statement, that was the description for the weapon from Ascension, nothing more nothing less, I doubt they were thinking about how heavy the universe was when they actually designed and made it.

For one, it says it can bear the weight of the cosmos not that it weights as much. Also added to the fact this sounds more like flowery writing than a serious statement.

Oh, sorry memories fuzzy, but wouldn't bear the weight of the cosmos mean something similar, what else would it mean if not that?

It's an item description meant to add to the lore of the GoW universe, that was also confirmed by a Dev. but it does sound like it.

It literally means that it is strong enough to bear the weight, as in throw the weight of the cosmos at it and it won't break.

And yes, but that doesn't mean we should take every such description seriously. Especially if it doesn't correlate with what's consistently shown.

Something that isn't consistently shown in the games, as even some of the stronger characters don't always seem as strong as they should be, but lore wise it would make sense, but even if we just didn't use the description as meaning anything, that is lifting strength not really AP or Durability, and we don't even know how strong the Primordials are as we are neve really shown them throwing anything, but by size they would probably be stronger than just planet level lifting strength.

Of course, but where have you seen them pull off anything in relation to the other characters? They beat each other up, apparently made everything, and then... we never see them again.

There are timelines, or a timeline, that talk about how Cronos overthrow his primordial father Ouranos, in Ascension it's talked about how Helios banishes Nyx, and there is information talking about how the cycle of patricide has been happening since the beggining of time, which makes sense, since Cronos overthrows his dad, and when he is born time actually starts, and it continues through time to Zeus and Kratos, and possibly, but hopefully not, to Atreus.

Also, a dev, knowing that we didn't actually see a fight between Cronos and Ouranos said it was similar in scale to what was shown in Ascension.

Stuff like this kind of makes me think there should be an in-game GoW verse, versus purely lore and other info. verse since, we don't get to see all that much in-game compared to lore or the books.

That's what makes it difficult, seeing how what we see of the titans in the games and what is said they did and yadda yadda yadda clashes. So at that point, seeing how Gaia should technically be a Primordial too and... she's certainly not punching stars into existence, neither is Cronos after killing daddy dearest.

Yeah, that's why the games are a little weird, because in the books, I think Gaia is considered a primordial, but is just referred to as a Titan, and she shifts continents and moves the planet by waking up in her weakend spirit form, yet in the game where she has a physical body that would make her stronger, there is nothing that indicates that she could do anything like that, which again makes me think that there should be a difference between in game stuff and actual cannon strength that is never really shown.

But at the same time, the games are the start of everything and the main source. If the books contradict them, we fall in a big problem. Especially since Primordials are only this prominent since Ascencion which isn't... super old.

What books are these, though?

They are the GoW 1 and GoW 2 novels, which were made as GoW 3 came out, so they shouldn't really be old enough to be wrong or inaccurate, especially since the writer was working close with the GoW 3 devs. and was told what could and couldn't be put into it. Ouranos and Chaos are talked about a little in them though, I think specifically the first one.

I've just been wondering could it be the range versus power thing, because Kratos is considered multi-continental, but I don't think he would be able to just punch out multiple continents, but the amount of power or energy behind his punches are roughly equal, maybe that's what it is, but that probably does not make much sense.

I guess so lol, but if the new GoW does have some multiversal stuff, or anything even close to that, due to the Yggdrasil and it's transcending time and space, I wonder if this would be considered more legit since GoW 3 Kratos is considered stronger, even if not by that much, than current Kratos.

I wouldn't put my hopes up. The structure of yggdrassil and the nine realms doesn't sound to me like anything multiversal, space and time can exist in a pocket dimension smaller than an island just to name one thing.

True, but the realms are confirmed to be there own universes within their dimensions, each has stars, and when crossing realms the giant light show that is seen, is described as a cosmic light show in the new book, and when you are in the realm between realms, that is one branch of the Yggdrasil, and each branch is stated to stretch out to infinity, not really quantifiable, but just shows how large it is, and when falling onto the other branch in the story mode when Kratos has the Unity Stone, the things passing him are stars, which makes sense if the Yggdrasil is supposed to be above time and space, there are multiple stars and other cosmic things, including a galaxy, shown in there, and on the painting of Tyr with the Unity Stone, the giant star looking things on there are stars and galaxies.

I'm not the best person to tell you much about this, I just feel a certain dubiousness. That should be just gut feeling, which can always be wrong of course.

Well Mimir straight up says that Ymir made the eight realms outside of Midgard, Surtur made the stars in them, and Odin kills and uses Ymir's body to shape Midgard, and all of that is held within the Yggdrasil which itself has stars and other cosmic things swirling around in it, but I understnad your dubiousness, I'm just hopeful.

no, give all your scans in one sitting like a blog or some shit cause people here will downplay GOW to oblivion

Zeckels said:
no, give all your scans in one sitting like a blog or some shit cause people here will downplay GOW to oblivion
Bruh i gotta alot shit to do, that would take forever lmao, but i got you

Not really. Everything here is held to the same standards and we don't give special cases.

Unless you can tell me the same Titans whose best strength feat is lifting the Earth's Crust by Atlas, confirmed strongest of them (at least physically) by the author, is somehow comparable to the Primordials.

Somehow

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Not really. Everything here is held to the same standards and we don't give special cases.
Unless you can tell me the same Titans whose best strength feat is lifting the Earth's Crust by

(at least physically) by the author, is somehow comparable to the Primordials.

Somehow
Tbh, the authors aren't really good sources in any case... They consider giving life to universe MULTI versal... it's barley universal. However, I do not agree with that Atlas being confimred the strongest even physically kinda doesn't make sence because from what I can tell, Cronus doesn't have outstanding hax that would make him the strongest without being phyisically superior

Grimreaperofjustice said:
LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Unless you can tell me the same Titans whose best strength feat is lifting the Earth's Crust by

(at least physically) by the author, is somehow comparable to the Primordials.

Somehow
Tbh, the authors aren't really good sources in any case... They consider giving life to universe MULTI versal... it's barley universal. However, I do not agree with that Atlas being confimred the strongest even physically kinda doesn't make sence because from what I can tell, Cronus doesn't have outstanding hax that would make him the strongest without being phyisically superior
atlas has already been stated to be stronger than Cronus by a small amount

AndZeckels said:
cronus beat Uranus the dude who made the universe
And? Is an statement versus what we've actually been shown, and what we've been shown doesn't show how could Cronos ever do that. So we can only call it an outlier if we take it at face value because it's not consistent with ANYTHING else.

Grimreaperofjustice said:
Shrug.

It making sense really doesn't matter much. Unlike Cronos killing a dude that apparently punched stars into being, Atlas has the best straight up strength feat in the original greek incarnation as far as I am aware and more in-line with what Titans can accomplish with one of the weaker ones triggering a volcanic eruption.

A spear that is only said to be able to support the weight of the "cosmos" as a throw away flavor line and nothing else much to supplement that.

So, not really not much else.

"as a throw away flavor line and nothing else much to supplement that".

other than it being stated that the description was not exaggerated and was meant to be taken literally.

Hyperion's Spear, if taken literally, is only 4-A. Weight of the universe isn't the same as destroying the universe.

And I've debunked 3-A GoW several times by now. The only Tier 3 feat is Uranus's feat. Cronos beating him is an outlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back