• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kotone Shiomi's profile should be deleted

I'm not sure whether this is on the right board or not, but the title gets my point across.

FeMC's profile is a 99% carbon-copy of Makoto Yuki's, with only older formatting and female pronouns being the difference between them. They have the exact same abilities, exact same stats and practically identical backgrounds and stories. There is absolutely no reason for her profile to exist when it could have just as easily been combined with Makoto Yuki's, since they even canonically share the same name.

I would have put this up on the Profile Deletion Request Thread, but I thought I'd ask the rest of the Persona community for their input, at the very least.

Agreed. It should also be noted that some of the info is blatantly outdated; as of Persona Q2, Kotone is a canonical character and this has yet to be changed.

Either way, it's just an outdated page that is nearly identical to the Makoto page. I think it would be best to merge the two pages, and have just one page for both characters.

Personally I think it should stay. In PQ2 she shows a separate personality from him and when we get to the mass revisions, having their profiles merged when they have separate interactions with the cast would make it awkward.

I suppose that seems like a reasonable solution, though her page definitely needs some intensive revisions in that case.

I suppose we can hold it off until after the cosmology revisions, but if they end up being too similar (i.e. exactly the same) in terms of abilities, we might as well merge her profile with Makoto's. After all, everything that applies to Makoto applies to FeMC since they're from the same game, fight the same enemies, have the same backstory and issues with death, etc.

The only differences worth noting between them, aside from their gender, are that they use different base weapons and that they have different social links and personalities. Even so, said social links culminate in the same Personas, plus their personalities clearly don't affect their fights seeing as they both have the same role of Field Leader in SEES and likely have the exact same tactical thought processes.

They might have different thoughts and say different things, but ultimately they have the same beliefs and make the same decisions throughout their original game. If the cosmology revisions end up making them suitably distinct from each other in terms of fighting and tactics, then she'll stay, but if not, then the profiles should get merged.

Back