• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Movies in it's entirey are not canon unless stated otherwise. If that was the case we'd consider fillers also canon since the abilities they use are "canon". That doesn't matter in the slightest. In movies and fillers anything goes.

I never was considering air removal an argument don't be ridiculous and don't twist my words.

So now you're saying a "serious" punch from Sakura could oneshot Korra? Sakura isn't Saitama you know, and if she had the potential to oneshot Korra, this fight wouldn't be happening in the first place. No one is oneshotting anyone here.

Sakura can still sever her tendons, knock her out his poison or do that stuff that messes with the signals in the brain. Also, Bunshin are intangible.

^^ bunshin are just immaterial illusions, they will disappear upon being hit, but they could serve as a distraction, if used.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Sakura can still sever her tendons, knock her out his Poison
Sakura's kunais or poison bombs won't go through Korra's air barriers, and if you're referring to her scalpels Korra has the range advantage as I'm saying so many times.

Even if she might fight sometimes in close quarters she still has an effective range that reaches way further than Sakura's. It's like trying to hit someone with a pocket knife and the other dude has a sword. And since when has Sakura demonstrated the ability to mess with the Chakra System like Tsunade?

Also, Bunshin are intangible.
What? That's new.

korra never used air barriers since the explosion(combustion) feat. - for the sake of irony. and she certainly never spammed them.

or its more the case of a spear fighting in knife's range.

If both are at their peak, can't Korra just one shot if she keeps her distance? Her professional bending sport helps her with knowing how to distance herself.

there is no manga counterpart to it, but feel free to refrain urself from saying - filler, no go. its a filler episode, but unlike some other fillers or movies, its a part of the story, and most of all - the abilities used were canon.

In her fight against Unalaq/Vaatu she always kept her distance and most of the time she stayed atop her water torrent or air current. For Sakura not only it's hard to reach her, but also she'll have to deal with the winds/waters.

Ragazz said:
there is no manga counterpart to it, but feel free to refrain urself from saying - filler, no go. its a filler episode, but unlike some other fillers or movies, its a part of the story, and most of all - the abilities used were canon.
I won't refrain from saying that since it's irrelevant to the discussion. We're discussing canon material not fluff that anime studios decide to put in.

The real cal howard said:
If both are at their peak, can't Korra just one shot if she keeps her distance? Her professional bending sport helps her with knowing how to distance herself.
in bending sports they have territories that they cant leave, which is the exact opposite of korra's fighting style. go watch korra's fights, she is always closing in on her opponents, even against h2h combatants.

and the only way korra could oneshot sakura is if korra has her completely restrained and helpless, then bends a giant boulder onto her or smth.

otherwise there is no move in korra's arsenal that she could just one-shot sakura with.

ScarletFirefly said:
Ragazz said:
I won't refrain from saying that since it's irrelevant to the discussion. We're discussing canon material not fluff that anime studios decide to put in.
sure, we are discussing canon material. i am not talking about the plot, i am talking about abilities, which are canon - since we are talking about canon material, right?

If the fight never happened we can't talk about abilities. Also this is very rich coming from you who was against Korra's game actually being canon, when it had the ACTUAL writers of TLOK that did the plot.

Yeah, that's what I thought too.

A ninjutsu that creates an intangible copy of one's own body, without any substance. Since the clone itself doesn't have the ability to attack, and thus can only be used to confuse the enemy, it is mainly used in combination with other ninjutsu. It's a basic technique, but depending on one's ingenuity, it can be used effectively. The clones may not dissipate when they come into contact with something.

^^ they did dissipate against ino.

also, in korra vs unalaq/vaatu, she was closing in or chasing him with almost every move. she was fighting at mid range to close range.

This range is more than enough for Sakura to not get close. That's an effective range of more than 30 meters.

Screenshot 33
Screenshot 44
Screenshot 63

^^ she was pushed away at some points. i was talking about KORRA's style, about what KORRA does. and that is closing in with almost every move.

not to mention, sakura can still use aoe punches, or air punches if needed.

For one, range shouldnt be an issue. Sakura can just punch the ground to make the entire area around them shake and crumble. She has done this at least 2x in series, against Kakashi and against the Ten Tailed Spawns in the war.

Two, I dont see why anyone is arguing Sakura wouldnt use jutsu like Substitution or Transformation. Bushin I get but these jutsus are basic jutsus that you have to learn in order to graduate from the academy. Plus she has used Substitution offensively when facing Zaku. Whats stopping her from using it against Korra? Shes fought with it before so it shows she'll do it when she believes she needs it.

Three, Korra may be able to fly but people keep assuming she'll use it just like that when she needs to go into the avatar state to fly. And it'll take a second or 2 for her to do that while fighting against Sakura so Korra will need to be careful so that she wont have her head fling off before she even activates AS.

Fourth, did people forget Sakura can summon Katsuya via summoning jutsu? Even if Korra would distance herself Katsuya can easily cover the distance, separate into millions of clones by herself in order to counter against Korra's attacks, reform and also shoot acid slime at her like she did against Orochimaru and Manda.

Fifth, for Korra to put up air barriers, if Sakura is just launching projectlies like Kunai's or Shuriken, it would be in Korra's nature to take it head on considering she doesnt do that against giant boulders or fire streams coming her way. So Sakura hitting her with poisonus kunai should be able to happen.

Sixth, people here also seem to forget Sakura can heal/regen herself. Korra's attacks are all merely elemental meaning it'll be easy for Sakura to heal from her attacks.

I'm not going to repeat my arguments for the Subst as I adressed this before.

Punching the ground and creating fissures in the ground is hardly a trouble for an earth bender who can either just close it up to make himself stable or just launch himself in the air using earth. Hitting the earth is not a good strategy which is why Sakura tends to target the opponent's, as she should, because they can easily get out of the way, just like Kakashi did.

Korra was able to go in the Avatar state in a split second against Kuvira, right when she was about to jump on top of her.

Katsuyu while a good companion and summon, isn't really suited for combat. Also Korra could potentially remove the water from the acid to make it ineffective.

Taking Kunais head on doesn't mean she'll tank them with her body, she isn't stupid. She will either get out of the way if she's confident she can dodge it, or erect elemental barries.

Didn't say anything about Sakura's regen because that's a potent weapon she has. But it's powers are not infinte. Which is why I believe Korra could survive until Sakura runs out of Chakra, she has had less time to gather up chakra compared to Tsunade. I never said this is a walk in the park for Korra, however in my opinion she can pull off a high-diff win. Peace.

It depends on whether or not Korra wouldnt get blitzed after Sakura hits the ground as she does. IIRC, there are different levels of MHS and Korra is on the lower end of it than Sakura is. Plus I dont see Korra being able to easily get out of that. War arc Sakura punched the ground so hard she caused dozens upon dozens of war shinobi to be sent flying, all of whom have better reflexes and mobility than most avatar characters.

True, but again, it depends on whether or not Sakura is able to speed blitz her and I did say it would take her a second to go into AS. With Sakura constantly coming after her, Korra wouldnt just stand in place, go into AS and then continue fighting without making sure her head wouldnt come off while doing it.

Not good in combat? The Sanin use her, Manda and Gamabunta constantly.....and her fight with Manda and Orochimaru should say something too. And while Korra could bend the water out of it, Katsuya could also just repeatedly spam it to the point where Korra cant keep up.

But why would she? Korra basically charges in when being blasted by fire or earth. To her, a simple knife or kunai shouldnt be that much of an issue.

I doubt that. Sakura is capable of fighting for long periods of time without fatigue, such as in the war and was still able to heal hundreds of ninja with her healing hax. And unlike Tsunade, her body doesnt fatigue after using it. I dont see Korra being able to outlast her chakra reserves.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Katsuyu was able to protect Tsunade and Konoha from a City busting attack, right?
Yeah. After pains attack everyone managed to survive with the Katsuyu clones Tsunade previously distrubuted to the village.

My vote is for Sakura for many of the stated reasons. Her medical knowledge would allow her to do nasty things to Korra's insides if she touches her (giggity) right off the bat. Not only that but Sakura has a variety of useful ways to get poisons and even knock out smoke bombs to stop Korra before she even gets to the Avatar State. Even if she did, Korra has been heavily nerfed thanks to the mercury so Sakura can just let a chakra scalpel work itself over time and play the dodging game.

If Korra does get to her Avatar State? Sakura has her far superior recen and Katsuya's acid properties, ability to give chakra, and multiplication to help her out.

I'm pretty sure the calcs are in question right now. And didn't Prof. just disprove lightning bending is real lightning in another thread.

I doubt I did. Im expecting it to be flawed, I only laid it out there because I wanted to say what I felt bothered about that one specific scene of Lightning conducting electricity in water. But I wouldnt say its a legit argument to stand on.

ScarletFirefly said:
That's a ~5m area of effect, hardly anything
Range
and about 10m to the sides. and since sakura can leap high, move on various surfaces. and also that korra fights in mid to close range - its enough.

Punching the ground and creating fissures in the ground is hardly a trouble for an earth bender who can either just close it up to make himself stable or just launch himself in the air using earth - and yet earthbending against earthbenders is still effective, bcs they get outmaneuvered/overpowered/outskilled. there are enough times when korra was had by moving earth or rocks. moral - instant effect still works, korra could do something about the rocks and debris that were already created, but only after sakura's punch takes effect - like launching korra into the air, or blocking korra's bending attacks.

Also Korra could potentially remove the water from the acid to make it ineffective. - not even katara have shown such stuff, not to mention korra wouldnt have enough time for it, she would have to dodge it instead.

korra would be hit by poison kunai only by surprise or in close combat, bcs korra have plenty of way to protect herself from that, like metalbending.

Didn't say anything about Sakura's regen because that's a potent weapon she has. But it's powers are not infinte. - the regen works without time limit, it works if sakura has chakra and it only costs chakra if there is something to be healed. not to mention that she has a huge amount of chakra. even without the seal she has a large amount. i doubt korra fought anyone as fast as herself or on sakura's level and didnt get tagged for atleast half an hour.

with speed equalized i could agree korra having a 50/50 chance at best, but with speed not being equal, edge goes to sakura. mid to high difficulty depending on circumstances.

^ ragazz you aren't making any sense, besides Sakura needs handseals to heal herself (in normal state), that was the whole point of Tsunade being far inferior to Hashirama because she coudn't heal herself instantaniously. Sakura is just Tsunade 2.0 but younger. After her seal was released Sakura could heal the whole army no doubt about that but healing herself would potentially result in shortening the lifespan AND death, so while Sakura can heal others she cannot heal herself indefinately. Korra could potentiall stay in air in avatar state and spam firewall after firewall continuously. I play MMO as a mage and I have defeated far higher lvl warrior players who could have potentially oneshotted me but coudn't because they couldn't close the distance. Besides Korra knows when to stay far away, saying that she is dumb or it isn't her style is complete misguidance and has nothing to do with the current topic, also as the page hasn't been changed while I was away and the speed remains MHS for both characters I believe speed to be equalised.

I'm pretty sure Sakura one shots Korra.Even if Korra manages to get into the Avatar state Sakura can jump to reach her.The best durability feats from the avatar state are around Multi City Block level (Aang tanking Ozai's flames) and Sakura can heal herself with the Creation Rebirth jutsu.

Sakura needs handseals to heal herself (in normal state) - and yet she did heal without handsigns when sasori's sword ran her through. also sakura activates her seal without handsigns.

After her seal was released - not released, but completed. in other words, it stopped draining chakra from her. she activated it only when she went against madara and later provided obito chakra with it.

shortening life span is not a problem here - she is not an old lady. that only MIGHT apply to tsunade.

she cannot heal herself indefinately - yes, but as long as she has chakra, she can.

korra can keep some range, but she is only gonna do that after a very painful experience. korra fights in mid to close range, sakura can certainly cover that range. if by some chance korra tries long range, she will have almost no chance of hitting sakura. korra can stay up in the air, but sakura can jump high or use almost any surface as a foothold. if korra wants to stay where sakura cant reach her, then she will have to leave her own range. korra can keep the distance, but its not like sakura cant close the distance either. just because one can fly, it doesnt mean hes unreachable.

that gaming example is impressive showcase of ur skills, but there are plenty of warriors who catch higher level mages and wreck them too.

in this case, the warrior has high level of healing and a high level of energy. i doubt that those warriors that u beat can take fatal blows that should kill them and regenerate to full health in a couple of seconds continously.

Ragazz said:
in this case, the warrior has high level of healing and a high level of energy. i doubt that those warriors that u beat can take fatal blows that should kill them and regenerate to full health in a couple of seconds continously.
yeah lol those were some tough battles, one I remember had this lvl 79 healer priest who could negate any physical damage and heal faster than I could damage him. You know how I won? I kept firestorming him until his mana ran out. Now back to the battle sakura's durability isn't as impressive either she was one shotted by a four tailed Naruto and fainted and realsing the yin seal takes time last I checked. So it might come down to who can reach the "super" state first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back