• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Korra intelligence revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I think the Below Average statement for Korra's intelligence is completely wrong.
Already, the statement is from 2014, so that is at the very beginning of the series and a lot has changed since then. This should be updated.
For me, her level is Gifted. Why? Because she is an expert fighter, excellent improviser, is a fast learner as she quickly mastered Unalaq' spirits purification technic, reproduced Wan's technic for sealing Vaatu which nearly worked before Unalaq intervention as well learned metalbending in few seconds with only one advice from Suyin Beifong and recognized as "not to be underestimated" and "smart" by the likes of respectively Amon and Zaheer themself, two guys very smart. And Amon speaks as much of her bending that makes her dangerous as of her resourcefulness, as she proves to us immediately afterwards by managing to escape under Amon's nose.
That's why I think we need to change it as soon as possible, the statement hasn't been updated for almost eight years and Korra has proven to be very smart, resourceful, and able to learn quickly on many occasions, even if she is impulsive.

Agreed plus hot headedness is more of a weakness and not really an anti feat to her intelligence or skills

Ah right you're new here, just wait for staff input on whether or not changes can be applied always. This doesn't seem too controversial so it'll require like 2 staff members approval before you can apply the changes.

Okay, thank you.
No problem also
I'd say try to mimic the actual way Intelligence sections are profiles are structured and worded now so when you apply the edits is this is approved they can already be in a good enough state to not require further edits and look good for the average users

Korra definitely isn't below average in intelligence. She's hot headed and rash, yes (and even then it's mainly in Seasons 1 and 2), but she's a prodigy in the physical aspect of bending and managed to master 3 out of the 4 elements at the age of 17. She also learned to control airbending very well even half a year after first learning it

Korra definitely isn't below average in intelligence. She's hot headed and rash, yes (and even then it's mainly in Seasons 1 and 2), but she's a prodigy in the physical aspect of bending and managed to master 3 out of the 4 elements at the age of 17. She also learned to control airbending very well even half a year after first learning it
Exactly, plus all the aspects I noted in my first post

No problem also
I'd say try to mimic the actual way Intelligence sections are profiles are structured and worded now so when you apply the edits is this is approved they can already be in a good enough state to not require further edits and look good for the average users
I already made the changes but they were deleted because I did not ask for permission.
You can see them in the history of the Korra page.

Ah okay those look fine yeah then just get some staff approval

I don't think there should be a problem. But it's very inconvenient to wait almost a day each time to change anything. I guess "senior" users don't have this limitation anymore, right?

I don't think there should be a problem. But it's very inconvenient to wait almost a day each time to change anything. I guess "senior" users don't have this limitation anymore, right?
Oh no trust we still do there's just the factor of people's interest in the topic but yeah I'd be lying if I said there's not a factor for who the individual is making the CRT as well but that's just due to people recognizing users as they've been around and making plenty of contributions

If experienced and level headed members with good judgement i.e. staff who're chosen based on those merits don't analyze and offer input on threads before them being passed, we'd end up with any revision passing if a large enough fanbase agrees with it, with is obviously a mess. It's not a perfect system by any stretch but it's the best we got. And a day is very far from the worst waiting time for a revision you'll see here. Even staff have to have their threads vetted by other staff and knowledgeable members. Just thought I should clarify this.

Anyway, revision seems OK. I'd put her being rash and impulsive in the Weakness section though.

Also, could you post the draft text for her new Intelligence justification?
It's in the Korra page history and in my first post but it would look like this:
Gifted (expert fighter, excellent improviser, is a fast learner as she quickly mastered Unalaq' spirits purification technic, reproduced Wan's technic for sealing Vaatu which nearly worked before Unalaq intervention as well learned metalbending in few seconds with only one advice from Suyin Beifong and recognized as "not to be underestimated" and "smart" by the likes of respectively Amon and Zaheer themself)

I'd adjust it a bit to be more coherent. Something like;

Gifted (Is an expert fighter and improviser as well as a fast learner, shown by how she quickly mastered Unalaq's spirit purification technique. Reproduced Wan's technique for sealing Vaatu, which nearly worked if not for Unalaq's intervention. Learnt Metalbending almost immediately with only one piece of advice from Suyin Beifong. Recognized as "not to be underestimated" and "smart" by Amon and Zaheer respectively)

I'd adjust it a bit to be more coherent. Something like;

Gifted (Is an expert fighter and improviser as well as a fast learner, shown by how she quickly mastered Unalaq's spirit purification technique. Reproduced Wan's technique for sealing Vaatu, which nearly worked if not for Unalaq's intervention. Learnt Metalbending almost immediately with only one piece of advice from Suyin Beifong. Recognized as "not to be underestimated" and "smart" by Amon and Zaheer respectively)
I would see it a little more like this (it's just minor changes):

Gifted (Is an expert fighter and improviser as well as a fast learner, shown by how she quickly mastered Unalaq's spirit purification technique, reproduced Wan's technique for sealing Vaatu, which nearly worked if not for Unalaq's intervention and learnt metalbending almost immediately with only one piece of advice from Suyin Beifong. Recognized as "not to be underestimated" and "smart" by Amon and Zaheer respectively)

Gifted (She is an expert fighter and improviser as well as a fast learner, shown by how she quickly mastered Unalaq's spirit purification technique, reproduced Wan's technique for sealing Vaatu, which nearly worked if not for Unalaq's intervention and learned metalbending almost immediately with only one piece of advice from Suyin Beifong. Recognized as "not to be underestimated" and "smart" by Amon and Zaheer respectively.)
To me the above text seems fine to apply.

I would see it a little more like this (it's just minor changes):

Gifted (Is an expert fighter and improviser as well as a fast learner, shown by how she quickly mastered Unalaq's spirit purification technique, reproduced Wan's technique for sealing Vaatu, which nearly worked if not for Unalaq's intervention and learnt metalbending almost immediately with only one piece of advice from Suyin Beifong. Recognized as "not to be underestimated" and "smart" by Amon and Zaheer respectively)
Yeah, this seems fine.

Has what was accepted here been applied yet?

Never mind. I handled it:

It seems like I made a mistake and removed it previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back