• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Komodo Dragon vs Honey Badger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Komodo chomps. Game over. And I don't mean via their poisonous/infectious bite. A large male Komodo can rip off large chunks of flesh and swallow one third of a goat (as once demonstrated on Dangerous Encounters with Brady Barr). I imagine a 70 kg adult male Komodo would rip a 15 kg adult honey badger to pieces. Their bite force is weak but their bite is overall quite devastating.

A single chomp isn't going to kill a Honey Badger, we're talking about a tough animal capable to survive multiple bites from lions and tank stingers from a african porcupine.

And the difference of size is not a big deal for a Honey Badger when the latter is well know to "don't give a f**k" to anything and that it can fight larger animals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvlalDNxccw

About the bite, i will not be that sure not when the Honey Badger's bite is strong enough to shatter bones.

Komodos can leave serious wounds on the rump of a buffalo. Those are several hundred kilogram animals with thick hides. They can also rip the limbs right off of an adult goat, which can be significantly larger than a honey badger.

Yes, I know. I've even seen a video of a 10 kg female honey badger chase away a 70 kg male leopard. But a Komodo dragon is a completely different enemy. 130 to 140 kg lionesses are vary of facing 15 kg Nile monitors. And Komodos are five times that size. Komodos have weak bites but their teeth can slice through bone.

Seeing as how they can gobble up one third of an animal much larger than a honey badger, I don't think dismembering a honey badger would be too much trouble for a Komodo. The thick hide will not be too much of an issue for an animal whose teeth can slice bone.

I would also like to point out this: Komodos regularly fight each other for territorial and mating rights. Their skin is far tougher than that of a honey badger. I'm not even sure the honey badger would be able to injure any part of the Komodo's body, other than may be the eyes.

The honey badger's bite is strong enough to crush the bones of smaller animals, yes. But not larger ones, nothing over 15 kg.

Kiryu2012 said:
Yeah, the Komodo dragon's too big and too well armed for the badger. A bite to the neck can end it.
Don't forget well armoured. Brady Barr likened the Komodo's skin to chain-mail and was impressed by how tough it was. And that guy deals with giant crocs regularly.

Soldier Blue said:
Komodos can leave serious wounds on the rump of a buffalo. Those are several hundred kilogram animals with thick hides. They can also rip the limbs right off of an adult goat, which can be significantly larger than a honey badger.
If full grown Lions have hard time to harm a Honey Badger, i doubt the Komodo would have easy time.

Soldier Blue said:
Yes, I know. I've even seen a video of a 10 kg female honey badger chase away a 70 kg male leopard. But a Komodo dragon is a completely different enemy. 130 to 140 kg lionesses are vary of facing 15 kg Nile monitors. And Komodos are five times that size. Komodos have weak bites but their teeth can slice through bone.
And the Honey Badger is more than capable to kill a Monitor Lizard without suffer major injury.

Soldier Blue said:
Seeing as how they can gobble up one third of an animal much larger than a honey badger, I don't think dismembering a honey badger would be too much trouble for a Komodo.
Swallow more meat doesn't equal a higher bite force, a Indonesian Python can swallow an entire human but he doesn't have a bite capable to shatter bones.

Soldier Blue said:
I would also like to point out this: Komodos regularly fight each other for territorial and mating rights. Their skin is far tougher than that of a honey badger. I'm not even sure the honey badger would be able to injure any part of the Komodo's body, other than may be the eyes.
If he can kill a Monitor Lizard with his bite, he is more than capable to tear the skin of a Komodo as well.

Bager can't really put down the Komodo, on the other hand Komodo poison is nothing like snake venom that the badger is used to. It will most likely kill it.

InfiniteBlack123 said:
Bager can't really put down the Komodo, on the other hand Komodo poison is nothing like snake venom that the badger is used to. It will most likely kill it.
How you can be so certain? The Badger's resistance isn't limited to just snakes but also bees and scorpions, each of them having different types of venom, there is nothing to suggest that Komodo's venom will bypass Badger's resistance.

InfiniteBlack123 said:
I'm voting for the Komodo here and even I doubt that the Komodo's weak venom would do anything to the badger.

Korudo Daio said:
Komodo venom kills a fullgrown buffalo in 72 hours, I think it is?
Depends on the age, size, and health of the buffalo; also on the quantity of venom injected. It can take anywhere from a couple of days to eight days (if my memory serves me correctly).

It's inconclusive/a draw. The Komodo isn't much of a fighter, especially against something that small, fast, and relentless, eventually the two are gonna get tired and leave, the komodo would have taken too much damage and will die sometime after the fight from blood loss or infection. But at the same time the Komodo's durable enough to last long enough to get a bite in somewhere, after that the Badger's equally done. It's venom resistance isn't a blanket one, it's only tuned to what it's naturally equiped to handle, venom that causes the blood to jellify/clot, Komodo venom does the oppisite, and over the course of several days it'll bleed out and/or die of an infection.

I don't see many oppertunites where the Komodo can succesfully wrestle the Badger, so it's kinda limited in it's advantages/options. Tail whips aren't very effective when the thing attacking you's up close.

Komodo gets one bite and wins. Badger can't do much against a Komodo that sees it and is ready for it. Its venom is also highly infectios, as it has a crap load of bacteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back