• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kobik Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mainly, her feats are of a tremendously lower scale, and Marvel may be the most inconsistent franchise ever regarding power levels.

So, Kobik should need more feats than just being a fragment of a Cube.
Being a living Cosmic Cube, means she can use the same abilities all other characters with the Cosmic Cube can. I don’t see a reason why she can’t be just as strong if she is a living Cosmic Cube? Every feat that the other characters have should apply to her as well. If all other Cosmic Cube users are Omnipresent and it’s said that every character who has the Cosmic Cube is Omnipresent I don’t see why she can’t be as well?

She has the same amount of power as other Cosmic Cube users. Just because she doesn’t show it doesn’t mean that she isn’t capable of it, if the other Cosmic Cube users are 2-A then she should be as well.
Marvel is far too inconsistent for that reasoning to work. It is quite easy to literally scale Aunt May to Oblivion, for example.

Being a living Cosmic Cube, means she can use the same abilities all other characters with the Cosmic Cube can. I don’t see a reason why she can’t be just as strong if she is a living Cosmic Cube? Every feat that the other characters have should apply to her as well. If all other Cosmic Cube users are Omnipresent and it’s said that every character who has the Cosmic Cube is Omnipresent I don’t see why she can’t be as well?
My point is, not all living Cubes are built the same, especially if she's merely a fragment. Therefore, we can't really apply feats from one to another without backing it up. Also, did you post the scan for all Cosmic Cube users being Omnipresent above? Since I can't find it.
The only thing I can see in the thread that could apply to Kobik is this, as the feat is by fragments, but even then it's uncited without context, like most respect threads unfortunately are. As well as that, even that feat isn't Multiversal+, so I still don't see why it should upgrade Kobik.

My point is, not all living Cubes are built the same, especially if she's merely a fragment. Therefore, we can't really apply feats from one to another without backing it up. Also, did you post the scan for all Cosmic Cube users being Omnipresent above? Since I can't find it.
I thought that there was only one version of the Cosmic Cube with the same powers in it and not different ones? About her Omnipresent I could find this:

Kobik began to lead a double life, using her omnipresence to be in the company of both S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Red Skull at the same time, while keeping the latter a secret. Kobik's innocently deranged set of values caused her to rewrite the past of Selvig's life, inserting a life-long loyalty to Hydra into it, believing that turning a person into a Hydra zealot was a positive thing. Red Skull's discovery of what Kobik had done to Selvig inspired him to put into motion a plan to turn his biggest enemy, Steve Rogers, to Hydra's ranks.

Anyway, should we downgrade Cosmic Cube Thanos as well? He was at best of a Low 2-C scale in that story.
That seems fine to me if he doesn't have 2-A feats of his own.
He was stated to use the full power of the Cube for the first time though (Captain America Annual 7), but aside from that, I can't find much scaling him to other Cubes/the Cubes that are treated as 2-A, and by the time he used it, I don't believe the Cube was established as Multiversal yet.
I thought that there was only one version of the Cosmic Cube with the same powers in it and not different ones? About her Omnipresent I could find this:
Cosmic Cubes can vary in power, and as I showed before, a sliver of a Cosmic Cube is weaker than those like Kubik who we actually rank at 2-A.
Kobik began to lead a double life, using her omnipresence to be in the company of both S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Red Skull at the same time, while keeping the latter a secret. Kobik's innocently deranged set of values caused her to rewrite the past of Selvig's life, inserting a life-long loyalty to Hydra into it, believing that turning a person into a Hydra zealot was a positive thing. Red Skull's discovery of what Kobik had done to Selvig inspired him to put into motion a plan to turn his biggest enemy, Steve Rogers, to Hydra's ranks.
The only source for this I could find was the Marvel Wiki, which I don't think works as a reliable source.

I’m also fine with Nigh-Omnipresent or Immeasurable speed but her current speed rating is way to low.

Either way, it looks like my efforts are useless, maybe I didn’t do enough research? Maybe I should have thought this through? So Kobik stays 3-A or is Low 2-C fine?

Last edited:
Being able to be in two places at once is far from enough to qualify for omnipresence.

Anyway, I would appreciate more input about the Thanos downgrade, and would somebody be willing to apply it as well?

Bruh, most, if not all other places outside this place qualify her as being Omnipresent. Except for this place, don’t you think that’s a little odd?
Those other places do not have specific and high enough standards in this regard in that case. The Multiple Man is not omnipresent either.

Well, we shouldn't apply unreliable statistics due to group pressure.

Clearly, I’m not getting anywhere with this, so this can be closed. But as soon as i find some new evidence or anything similar count me on it that i will make a new one.

I think weapon and artefacts needs to be judged case by case. They should be judged by their own feats rather than applying a general rating for it.

Not at all. There are many versions of Cosmic Cubes. And not all are as powerful as each other.

Edit: for example, Thanos was shown at Low 2C/3A tier at best and he had basically drained the cube, while Reed power nulled Galactus powered Doom.

Oh shit. Well that makes this thread completely useless. I kinda failed horribly but hey you never learn something if you don’t try it right?

Speaking of cubes, Magus needed five of those to chain eternity and Goddess (fem version of Warlock) used 30 of them to create a Cosmic Egg, which was said to be the most powerful artefact in the universe since the Gauntlet didn't exist. And judging by her feats, she only had galaxy tier feats in it.

Yes, the power of the cubes differs greatly between storylines.

Anyway, are the rest of you fine with if we downgrade Thanos, and if so, is somebody willing to apply the edits?

I meant the knowledgeable members that I notified earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back