• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirito's Moon Cradle Feats

During Moon Cradle, after War of Underworld and before Kirito became the Star King, he performed two interesting feats during Volume 20.

1) Matter Manipulation / Telekinesis

Using some light-based magic technique, Kirito can disassemble / decompose an entire house. They also seemed to levitate for a while rather than fall to the ground, like some form of telekinesis.

Later, Kirito could use this to melt a bunch of monsters from the inside, literally turning them into a puddle.

2) Turning sunset into night

With his Night Sky Sword, Kirito turns a sunset into night, with stars and all. I think he also did this during his fight with Vector. It is even implied in this scene that Kirito extinguished the sun.

I believe that we can add Matter Manipulation and Telekinesis to Kirito's powers. The second statement should help reinforce Kirito's 4-B feat. For the first statement, it sounds like some form of durability negation, but I could be unsure. Feel free to discuss.

I think Deconstruction makes more sense than Matter Manipulation, as all those quotes are saying is that he is destroying things by breaking them apart, so I feel that is a more correct ability, not sure about Telekinesis

As for turning Day into Night, that’s not exactly a Tier 4 feat, Chandler does the same in NNT, it’s considered more hax based if someone can turn day into night, however if it’s implied this is a result of Kirito moving stars, then I suppose that’s fine, I mean, I’m still doubting whether or not the stars Kirito moved in his battle against Vector were real sized stars, the anime didn’t make them look like real sized stars, so I’m completely doubtful of that feat being even remotely Tier 4, does the Light Novel confirm they are real sized stars?

Moving stars is Tier 4, we literally have a page explaining this (Celestial Body Feats, in case you wonder the name).

Oh I know that it would be a Tier 4 feat, my question is if the stars Kirito is moving are actually star sized and not just symbolic stars or lights on a much smaller level

The two times Kirito moved stars were the literal stars in the sky of Underworld. And why would those even be "symbolic"? Underworld is literally stated to be at the very least the size of the Milky Way, so assuming its stars can't be the size of real ones doesn't make much sense.

Well if that's the case, I have no issue with it then, my main concern was that the stars Kirito was moving weren't actually star sized

Also consider that the Underworld is based completely on Incarnation, aka the memories and belief of everyone in the Underworld. In that moment, all of the souls in the Underworld were connected by one thing, even if they go about their prayers differently. As shown many times before, such as with flowers blooming only in certain areas because people believe it to be so (which Kirito (with the help of Eugeo once in a while) bypassed with his own Incarnation), many people believing in one thing within the Underworld will make it happen.

In the moment Kirito turned the sky to night and all of the stars flickered above, everyone looked up and gave their prayers, forming them into actual stars. That's how powerful Incarnation becomes when a collective people focus at once and believe. It ties into one of the main theme of SAO, of how souls in the virtual world could be just as important as those in the real world, but also of course serves as a huge feat for collective Incarnation and of course Kirito's feat of moving stars.

Why can I give input here, I only watched the first arc of the anime like five years ago

Well, your name was on the verse page so I thought you might know enough.

Well, your name was on the verse page so I thought you might know enough.
Fair enough, sorry to disappoint, but I know nigh-on nothing outside of SAO and ALO.

I think Xmark has a point, though admittedly I don't quite remember the arc as much as I used to, which was already pretty limited.

The deconstruction one is not even his feat it's more of Statica feat while goblins one is just Luminus element destroying umbra element inside goblins. As for other one it's Just night sky covering the sky and so covering the light from the sun

Back