• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirin (Monster Hunter) vs Pikachu

A few weeks back, there was a matchup between Lagiacrus and Pikachu. Horrible matchup, if you ask me, not because of the power difference, but just a bit eh. I thought that Kirin vs Pikachu would be a lot better, but the problem was that Kirin wasn't on the wiki. That has now changed, so here we are; Kiri vs Pikachu .

The fight takes place in an arena somewhat akin to the Monster Hunter arenas, but If you are more familiar with Pokemon, there's not much difference if it was in a Pokemon stadium. Either way, there's no way to run from the opponent.

Kirin is at its maximum power, but not allowed to use its ice abilities. The Pikachu is also at full power, and was well trained.

Now, if this classifies as a spite or stomp thread, I appologise, since it was unnintentional. I believe that this is a good matchup because, despite Kirin's superior power department, Pikachu has a vast arsenal to use to its advantage, and can get the advantage over more powerful opponents if it plays its cards right. So, I do not want to cause any bad blood, and do believe this is a good matchup, so please do not take this the wrong way.

After reading the Kirin page I'm sure this counts as an accidental stomp. Realitivistic speed + Absolute Zero is actually impossible for pikachu to counter, because Pikachu has no calculated speed feats. The tier difference between town and city offense also means that any of Kirin's ice attacks have power likely beyond anything Pikachu can protect against, and with realitivistic speed, Pika wouldn't be able to protect anyway.

If regular Kirin has none of the ice, than it's either a physical speedblitz for Kirin because Pikachu's defenses aren't the best or a stalemate because even though Pika can constantly absorb lightning and power itself up, it's far too slow to hit Kirin.

The Kirin incarnation with Absolute Zero and Freeze Shatter stomps Pika almost like Goku stomps the HST tbh.

If speed is equalized than Pikachu wins against no-ice Kirin if there is one because of the power boosts from LightningRod allowing it to use other attacks much more effectively.. Ice Kirin wins unless Pika hammers it to death with LightningRod boosted attacks. Can't say if LightningRod Boosted attacks can be counted because of Game Mechanics, but i doubt a move with ingame power of 60 is going to have the same AP as a move with an in game power of 110 that's boosted to 165 with Pikachu's natural affinity. And since Kirin can take large explosions and Pikachu has no decent enough non-game feats using Lightning Rod boosted attacks that aren't electrical as far as I know, so Kirin could tank almost anything and use Absolute Zero quick enough to instakill Pika.

TL;DR Kirin Stomp or stalemate with no ice because of speed, huge stomp with Ice+speed, Pikachu beats no ice Kirin is speed is equalized and equalized speed against Ice Kirin requires Pika to hammer Kirin before it can use Ice, something that, with Kirin's page saying it survives multiple large explosions, isn't happening.

Also, on the Kirin page, it mentioned 3 different Kirin, but there are no paramaters letting us know which incarnation can do what or what attacks/feats are exclusive to which version, like regular Kirin compared to Oroshi Kirin, so all of this was me guessing that the ice feats and abilities were exclusive to Oroshi, which is why i mentioned a 'no ice' Kirin

K, well, I'll change the thread and declare that Kirin is not allowed to use its ice. That should make for a more even matchup.

Kirin has also recieved a speed nerf, since apparently lightning is massively hypersonic and not realitivistic/light speed.

Well, without ice, it's still pretty hard to say because of Pikachu's lack of an actual speed. Pikachu's lifting strength is also unknown, although most Pokemon with Strength have like a Class 5 because of the size of Unovan boulders, which is apparently 5-6 mectric tons. So Pikachu would technically have an advantage in lifting strength, but due to the speed, it's hard to say. I'm not sure what Kiin's physical capabilities are, but even if it had an offensive stat that was abyssmal, hypersonic horn jabs on a pokemon tha would be too slow to defend itself with no protective hide/scales/ hardened skin would mean that Kirin takes this wih low-mid diff

Umm, ok, that was a thing. Somebody must have done something to the original picture, changing this one in the process. I can tell since it had the same caption. I have removed both pictures so there are no more incidents like this.

Back