• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby's Nightmare

Well I remember the original rating Nightmare used to have was "5-B via feats, 4-A via powerscaling."

I found that rating to be ridiculous as we don't rate anyone else like this really. We don't make Cell "6-C via feats, High 4-C via powerscaling." We scale him to the AP of people he's capable of combating. Nightmare should have a solid 4-A if he is able to harm and fight against Kirby.

Also that thread is over a year old and doesn't reflect how we currently scale Kirby. All of the major, relevant or final bosses in Kirby are scaled to him. Whereas lesser characters like Kracko and Knuckle Joe aren't.

Plus the concern for Nightmare in that thread was the fact that he appeared before Dark Nebula. However that isn't how we rate many characters anymore. It's the reason King K. Rool's downgrade got undone. Nothing at all suggests Kirby was vastly weaker back in that game than he is now and Kirby isn't someone whose strength progresses like a Shounen hero.

One thing I am concerned with however, is why Kracko and Knuckle Joe get MFTL+ scaling to Kirby, when their AP doesn't get scaling. I feel they should be left at Unknown or someone find a feat to scale them to.

Nightmare was just planet+ before he got upgraded. Also, Cell got upgraded to universal?

Umm this comment addresses almost about what I said really.

But anyways

1. Nightmare had this ridiculous "5-B via feats, 4-A via powerscaling" for a quite a while.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Nightmare_(Kirby)?direction=prev&oldid=522631

This being the rating I once talked to Cal about, which I'm assuming is what he meant by "Ryu explained it."

2. I originally used Goku Black in my example, then edited it to Cell. I fixed the mistake.

> We don't make Cell "6-C via feats, High 4-C via powerscaling."

But besides that, everything else I said still stands. Bosses like Nightmare get scaled to Kirby now (since, a lot changes in a year), Nightmare was clearly able to fight on par with Kirby and nothing at all suggests Kirby was weaker just because this game was made before Dark Nebula's feat.

Back