• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Pre-Canvas Curse Kirby vs Episode 11-12 Asura

Kirby scales above 4.63 Ronnatons

Asura scales above 9.9 Ronnatons

Speed Equalized

In-character

Pink God:

Angry God:

Incon:

Last edited:
Pre-Canvas Curse Kirby vs Episode 11-12 Asura

Kirby scales above 4.63 Ronnatons

Asura scales above 9.9 Ronnatons

If there is an unfair speed gap, I'll equalize speed.

In-character

Pink God:

Angry God:

Incon:
Kirby's 8.39 trillion c while Asura is Rel+. Equalise speed pls.

Anyway, aside from that, Asura has a 2.14x AP advantage and a massive LS advantage of Class M vs Kirby's Class 1. However, Kirby has High-Mid regen so he's gonna be difficult to put down.
Both have Type 2 immortality, Kirby has type 3 (which is just his regen), Asura has type 4 but that's not combat applicable because it appears to take hundreds to thousands of years for him to reincarnate so if he dies Kirby wins.

Kirby pretty heavily outranges. While most of his physicals are either below or standard melee range, he has planetary shockwaves and can throw things from interstellar distances, compared to Asura's cap of hundreds of kilometers.

Following.

Last edited:
Kirby also has the advantage of small size, making him a really dificult target to hit, making his Bellow meele range less relevant sinse he can just go to Asura chest and start hitting him from there, Kirby also has mobility advantage with the warp star

Anyway, aside from that, Asura has a 2.14x AP advantage and a massive LS advantage of Class M vs Kirby's Class 1.
Asura's Class Y in this case

Kirby pretty heavily outranges. While most of his physicals are either below or standard melee range, he has planetary shockwaves and can throw things from interstellar distances, compared to Asura's cap of hundreds of kilometers.
Not really, Kirby's shockwave range is kind of a dupe, since he can't really emit shockwaves, it's just the range of destruction he gets from cracking a planet with a punch, but if we go by this logic, Asura has even greater range due to punching to death a guy who's bigger than a planet.
Even that interstellar throwing range is related more to AP rather than anything else, since it's always the result of Kirby smacking someone through brute force, not even LS.

Kirby also has the advantage of small size, making him a really dificult target to hit, making his Bellow meele range less relevant sinse he can just go to Asura chest and start hitting him from there, Kirby also has mobility advantage with the warp star
Not really, Kirby's 20 cm, small but not minuscule, and Asura's both bigger and more agile, giving him the advantage. Asura's Enhanced Senses should also let him keep track of Kirby without any issue.
The Warp Star also helps just to a certain amount, Asura's got Homing Attacks and is used to snipe at multiple flying opponents, even to large distances.

In this key and without copy abilities, I'd say Kirby finds themselves pretty disadvantaged in almost anything, from stats, to versatility, to sheer combat prowess and options.
On the moon Kirby's got very limited options when it comes to finding something to eat and copy, including Asura's Mantra blast, which are closer to the several kind of energy-based attacks that in Kirby's games can only be spit back or swallowed without gaining anything, and the former option can always be countered by Asura's own Attack Reflection (Zelda tennis style).

Also, in this key Asura can already become stronger by entering the Six-Armed Form, has access to rage boosts, and if reduced to the same state he was after battling Augus, he can turn into Semi-Berserk and go even more apeshit, using attacks whose heat surpasses Kirby's resistance (since they scale to generic lava, while Asura melts Gohma that are made of it)

Last edited:
Following cos Kirby I guess.

Kirby doesn't have much to swallow on the moon and he doesn't really use Copy Abilities at will in character, and if Asura can catch and throw the stuff listed on his profile, he should be able to throw star bullets as well. Kirby shouldn't be able to inhale as he only has Class 1 LS.

Asura's range is only hundreds of kilometers in his profile, so Kirby could escape on the Warp Star and find a Copy Ability, but really man? Kirby's range kinda sucks when he has nothing to throw, and he has nothing to throw.

Meanwhile, Asura has the AP advantage and ways to actually attack Kirby, even if he lacks the speed and range, since Kirby's range sucks even more. Though Kirby's High-Mid regen could pose a problem here. Kirby also has to find ways to get past Asura's Low-Mid.
So uhhhh yeah when Kirby has nothing to inhale, would he just whip out a Copy Ability(which he can, just not in-character)?

Following cos Kirby I guess.

Kirby doesn't have much to swallow on the moon and he doesn't really use Copy Abilities at will in character, and if Asura can catch and throw the stuff listed on his profile, he should be able to throw star bullets as well. Kirby shouldn't be able to inhale as he only has Class 1 LS.

Asura's range is only hundreds of kilometers in his profile, so Kirby could escape on the Warp Star and find a Copy Ability, but really man? Kirby's range kinda sucks when he has nothing to throw, and he has nothing to throw.

Meanwhile, Asura has the AP advantage and ways to actually attack Kirby, even if he lacks the speed and range, since Kirby's range sucks even more. Though Kirby's High-Mid regen could pose a problem here. Kirby also has to find ways to get past Asura's Low-Mid.
So uhhhh yeah when Kirby has nothing to inhale, would he just whip out a Copy Ability(which he can, just not in-character)?
Kirby doesn't need to use inhale to use a copy ability.

It really isn't in character for them to jump on the Warp Star, flee to another planet in search of an ability and then come back.
Also, Asura has several shot down flying opponents on multiple occasions, through aim and homing attack, so Kirby might not even be able to escape that easily.
And since they're on the moon, Asura could potentially try to follow them, since he can fly and fight in space.

Meanwhile, Asura has the AP advantage and ways to actually attack Kirby, even if he lacks the speed and range, since Kirby's range sucks even more.
Remember that speed is equalized

Though Kirby's High-Mid regen could pose a problem here. Kirby also has to find ways to get past Asura's Low-Mid.
Asura's Low-Mid isn't combat applicable.
Kirby's is, but at the same time they can be taken down through brute force and even KO'd.

Does kirby here has the star rod?
Not by default

And couldn't kirby inhale be used to reflect Asura projectiles?
Yes, but Asura can do the same and his tendency to spam energy-blasts in character might overwhelm Kirby's inhale or take advantage of the moments they have their mouth shut.

He has been shown in-character using his ability to automatically use copy abilities.

Ask @Eficiente
Isn't it dependant of what do they store in their stomach, like it happens in Squeak Squad?
Or do you refer to Kirby copying abilities after bumping into enemies in the games they're reduced into a ball?

Idk if I'll join in this debate but I'd like to mention that kirby's heat res scales to Plasma since he can very much tank plasma hitting him in the face without getting vaporized

@Eficiente
Idk if I'll join in this debate but I'd like to mention that kirby's heat res scales to Plasma since he can very much tank plasma hitting him in the face without getting vaporized
Isn't Kirby's plasma basically electricity? Or at least, that's what the Plasma ability and the related mob is all about.

Yes, but Asura can do the same and his tendency to spam energy-blasts in character might overwhelm Kirby's inhale or take advantage of the moments they have their mouth shut.
It'd be pretty hard to overwhelm kirby's intake considering his stomach is canonically bottomless and the only game where his inhale is limited is AM

@Eficiente

Isn't Kirby's plasma basically electricity? Or at least, that's what the Plasma ability and the related mob is all about.
No, we're talking about the super star enemy who is literally a wad of burning plasma who also shoots plasma. Plasma is also rather different in that game from the modern iterations of it

It'd be pretty hard to overwhelm kirby's intake considering his stomach is canonically bottomless and the only game where his inhale is limited is AM
Sometimes Kirby can't swallow everything or too many attacks at the same time.
It could either be game mechanics, NLF or whatever, but the game often doesn't let you inhale large attacks (and Asura's bigger blasts would qualify as such), particularly powerful attacks or simply too many things in a row.

No, we're talking about the super star enemy who is literally a wad of burning plasma who also shoots plasma. Plasma is also rather different in that game from the modern iterations of it
Which one? Plasma Wisp?

Yes, but it is also basically just electricity.
Here we end up in that old contrast between electricity being plasma irl and plasma being treated as a different thing in fiction, for which we also grant different resistances.

Yes, but it is also basically just electricity.
Here we end up in that old contrast between electricity being plasma irl and plasma being treated as a different thing in fiction, for which we also grant different resistances.
It's still plasma. It's called plasma wisp, it burns, it gives you plasma ability, it isn't only electricity and Spark already exists at that point in the series and functions differently, it's described to attack using plasma in the smash bros trophy, aka, a trophy in a game by the same guy who made Kirby in the first place.

I can even concede on that, but it doesn't mean Kirby's just going to no-sell Semi-Berserk Asura's blasts, considering they are still impact-based, scale above Asura's base output and the fact Kirby still gets hurt by direct contact with fire and lava.

I can even concede on that, but it doesn't mean Kirby's just going to no-sell Semi-Berserk Asura's blasts, considering they are still impact-based, scale above Asura's base output and the fact Kirby still gets hurt by direct contact with fire and lava.
That's fair, but i don't have time to argue, i gotta go and study so uhhh, good luck with that and I hope eficiente comes to argue in my stead.

From Kirby's profile about him using Copy Abilities without inhale whenever he wants:

"Kirby can naturally transform into at least all of his regular Copy Abilities, his limited-use abilities & evolved Copy Abilities at any time, without needing to swallow targets first."

Also, Kirby has plenty of stat amps to close the AP/durability gap and give him the edge in speed, has much better regen (aided by toon force), has transmutation hax with some of his copy abilities (like Cook Kirby), dominates at a range, and has just so many different copy abilities to use.

He also has dura neg on his profile but it doesn't say which powers give him dura neg

Voting Kirby

From Kirby's profile about him using Copy Abilities without inhale whenever he wants:

"Kirby can naturally transform into at least all of his regular Copy Abilities, his limited-use abilities & evolved Copy Abilities at any time, without needing to swallow targets first."
That's so weird, I never noticed it, despite having played most of the games.
Anyway, the file also goes on saying He does this to test his skills with them, and rarely to immediately take advantage of the specific powers they grant him (for reference, the latter strategy is only common for the non-canon Kirbys in Super Smash Bros. and Mo~Pupu!).

And considering how 99% of the times Kirby's not supposed to do this in their games, I wouldn't assume they'd automatically spam their billions of abilities Ajimu Najimi-style.

Also, Kirby has plenty of stat amps to close the AP/durability gap and give him the edge in speed, has much better regen (aided by toon force), has transmutation hax with some of his copy abilities (like Cook Kirby), dominates at a range, and has just so many different copy abilities to use.
Asura also has several stat amps, from the immediate "Unlimited Mode", to the Six-Armed form, the even stronger Semi-Berserk and the convenient Rage Boost that always amps him whenever he was in needed of more power.
Kirby's regen also isn't supposed to grant them eternal health tbh and the games also make it clear how the bosses don't necessarily need to destroy them beyond that level of regen, especially if we take into account the times they've been KO'd on-screen, usually after killing the final boss.

And Kirby still doesn't dominate at range, the profile itself limits copy abilities to tens of meters, leaving planetary only to environmental damage (which Asura can do on a greater scale tbh) and AP-based throws that occur only when they beat certain bosses.

I'll have my say here and leave to continue working.
Kirby can use mirror to reflect Asura's attack spam, he can use copy to copy more abilities, he can use heat based abilities like plasma to deal some real damage and if at any point kirby decides to use Cook then Asura just dies.

Cook doesn't work on anything from mini-boss level onward, so it's just reasonable to apply it the same restrictions we currently give to Friend Hearts or Inhale being ineffective on stronger foes until Kirby KO's them.

Mirror is once again not an instant win, giving Asura's superior fire-rate, analytical prediction, greater agility and his own attack reflection. It's better than reflect via inhale, but also considering what it's just been said about Kirby using all their potential abilities at the same time, I wouldn't put it as a wincon.

Cook doesn't work on anything from mini-boss level onward, so it's just reasonable to apply it the same restrictions we currently give to Friend Hearts or Inhale being ineffective on stronger foes until Kirby KO's them
Since when did we have any of those restrictions? At most we count those as game mechanics. This hasn't been accepted.

Weird, I remember reading it somewhere, also supported by an in-game caption in Star Allies (when you fight the tag-team mini bosses), to justify why doesn't one-shot everyone in the game with a single Friend Heart, having instead to knock them out first and then use friend hearts (which also occurs on cutscenes against some bosses).

But that's also a similar concept to them not oneshotting bossess and such by simply pulling out abilities that normally kill fodders instantly.

I'm just gonna hope Efi actually comments here. I am gonna leave and not come back til tomorrow, I've wasted too much time as it is

I'm almost sure kirby needing to stop sucking eventually is game mechanics

and thanks to squick squad we also know kirby can have copy habilities with him to use whenever he wants, but sadly may not apply sinse this game comes after canvas curse

And just s trough, wouldn't Asura energy projectiles let kirby use It to gain a copy hability? they are made of what exactly? aura? heat?

and thanks to squick squad we also know kirby can have copy habilities with him to use whenever he wants, but sadly may not apply sinse this game comes after canvas curse
Yes, but he needs to have them beforehand, it's storage and that should be specified by the op.

And just s trough, wouldn't Asura energy projectiles let kirby use It to gain a copy hability? they are made of what exactly? aura? heat?
They are a type of energy called Mantra (there's a more detailed explanation on his file), that doesn't really associate with anything on its own.

As I mentioned previously, if Kirby were to inhale it he most likely wouldn't get anything from it (aside from spitting it back) just like the several "neutral" energy attacks that several Kirby mobs do.

I'm almost sure kirby needing to stop sucking eventually is game mechanics
Not necessarily tbh

Fair, he still could shoot It back
Yes, but Asura can do the same due to his own AR and helped by his prediction and higher LS.

Any cannon exemples?
Depending on how much we rely on Kirby's progression over the games (which we do quite a lot), they started using the super inhale only in Return to Dreamland, before that they could inhale one mob or attack at the time, before having to either swallow or spit.
After that, they could inhale a potentially limitless amount of normal mobs/attacks, while they could only swallow one larger/stronger attack at a time.
Some stronger attacks from the bossess can't be inhaled or defended from at all (the latter is also mentioned in our file), and another example is Kirby needing the Hypernova for some attacks, such as Sectonia's lazer.

Asura's heavy blasts have both the strength and size to qualify as such, so Kirby might only be able to swallow one at a time.
Even then, Asura doesn't rely only on ranged attacks, and can perfectly close in and go melee.

Depending on how much we rely on Kirby's progression over the games (which we do quite a lot), they started using the super inhale only in Return to Dreamland, before that they could inhale one mob or attack at the time, before having to either swallow or spit.
After that, they could inhale a potentially limitless amount of normal mobs/attacks, while they could only swallow one larger/stronger attack at a time.
Some stronger attacks from the bossess can't be inhaled or defended from at all (the latter is also mentioned in our file), and another example is Kirby needing the Hypernova for some attacks, such as Sectonia's lazer.
Kinda wrong, It's ttrue that super inhale wasn't a thing Kirby still could swallow more them one thing at the same time If they got into his inhale at the same time, the fact he couldn't continuous suck still can be traced back as game mechanics sinse kirby, but the "swallow one larger/stronger attack at a time" It's a fair point

Asura's heavy blasts have both the strength and size to qualify as such, so Kirby might only be able to swallow one at a time.
Even then, Asura doesn't rely only on ranged attacks, and can perfectly close in and go melee.
I agree that asura extremely outskill base kirby

I still think Kirby wins with speed amp + transmutation, the latter of which Asura has no counter for.

He can also use copy abilities to greatly amp his AP (Fighter Kirby) and durability (Metal Kirby).

Back