• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest

I've been seeing this match pop up constantly, and I think it's really interesting.

I just haven't responded cause I legitimately have no clue who would win. I'm gonna try and take a good, thorough look at both of them.

I am. Of the matchups Ive seen/thought of, this is the one I really want to see resolved. I can totally see situations where either of them wins or maybe even an incon

Alright, so, as far as I'm aware, Heisenberg was eventually caught by the police alone. It took some time of course, but it happened eventually.

I feel like this gives Kira an advantage. Even before becoming L, Kira was able to gain access to all the information sources of the police easily, and upon becoming L, Kira gained access to far more. Kira as L would likely have had greater access to information than any single person on the planet, albeit with potential exceptions. Comparatively, Kira has more than enough means to evade someone like Heisenberg, who would have been limited in their range of knowledge due to needing to remain undercover and not arouse any suspicion. When you combine this with everything Kira has at his disposal to prevent himself from being exposed as either Kira or L, and the chance of Heisenberg of all people finding him is low.

With this in mind, it's far more likely that Kira would find Heisenberg before Heisenberg finds Kira. And once Kira has found Heisenberg, it's only a matter of time before things fall into place. Voting Kira.

Walt was found out because of Hank which was a familial connection and even then he kept it secret, only letting his partner in on it. It actually won't be that simple.

Walt can buy his connections with his vast income, if he really wanted to find Light he probably could, it would just take a long time.

Not voting, just clarifying.

I agree that Walt has the benifit of being WAY better at covering his tracks and not leaving bread crumbs for a case worker to find, but on the other hand, Light should have an entire task force in the palm of his hand at this time, and there's also the fact that Walt needs to kill somebody all the way in Japan

shit im so sorry! I'll add that now. In my mind I assumed people wouldn't participate in the thread if they hadn't finished either series, but in retrospect that really doesn't hold up. How bad was the spoiler?

I didn't know L would die, but now I get it. I'm on Revival right now, and I had no idea Light was this smart. I thought for sure L would be victorious out of the two.

If your interested there's actually a canonical alternate timeline in which L writes his own name into a death note thus controlling his own fate in catching KIRA. After that, he only has like a month to live and it follows the proceedings of that month. Again, SO sorry for spoiling L's death. Where in deathnote are you now?

Nice. So by now you've gotten to the state that Light is in for the battle. Actually, you're at exactly that point unless you've watched more already. Care to weigh in on the match?

I love both characters, but if I were to be honest, Light easily takes this. Sure, as soon as Heisenberg IDs him, he's going to kill him due to being better at combat. However, Light will know this as his reputation precedes him, and it is know that he is dangerous. With this in mind, all Light has to do is have Mesa with him in order to win. And since outside help is allowed, Mesa can easily just ID Heisenberg for him. She's willing to risk her life for Light, so I'm sure he could work something out where he is safe while she's IDing him. As soon as She IDs him, all Light has to do is write that he has a "work accident" while producing meth and he then will die shortly after. In my opinion, while Walt is better at combat, Light is way too careful to allow him to use this to his advantage, and he'll get his name written down before he can even touch him.

Walt doesn't have to send himself to kill Light, he can pay hitmen for that.

Also, Misa wouldn't be able to ID pseudonyms, just their actual name, just her seeing Walt doesn't solve the issue.

I don't know why I didn't think of that. Still, seeing as to how we're at the point of the story where Light takes on the mantle of L, there is no one alive who knows that Light is Kira, therefore, Walt has know way of using any of Death Note's characters against Light. Also, Walt is being used at the time that he has basically no leverage in his current situation. This means that Light has more control across the board than Walt. With these things taken into mind, along with Light's vastly superior intellect, I believe that Light will win with mid difficulty.

Gus and Mike are both alive and currently need Walt because he's cooking the meth, if they know Kira is after Heisenberg they are likely to do their own digging through illegal means, which Light doesn't necessarily have the luxury.

Keep in mind I haven't voted, I'm just making sure it's actively argued.

I might need to rewatch Breaking Bad. It's been a while and I don't necessarily remember the details of what condition Walt would be in currently. I believe that this would then mean that the question is, would Gus' crew be able to find out who Kira is?

let me put it this way: if Light starts investigating Heisenberg, he'd need to, at some point, go through Los Pollos Hermanos. By that point, it really isn't a matter of if Gus and the bois can catch Light, but rather which side catches the other first. Both Mike and Gus have a near terrifying intuition for when they're either walking into a trap or being watched. Recall how Gus behaved when he found out that there was a tracker on his car. Also, it is true that at this point nobody knows that Light is KIRA and very limited people know that he's L and that is a HUGE advantage, however on the other hand Walt and Gus respectively run an extremely tight ship and although Walt doesn't have any freedom at the moment, he's got one hell of a foothold in the buisness

Also, a big part of the reason why I set Light roughly right between killing L and discovering Near is so that he has at least a bit of leeway to act in a semi-suspicious manner (at least at the start of the battle), but also such that he can't manipulate Rem to go out and find Heisenberg for him. It'd be super easy for an invisible, incorporial entity to discover Walt's true identity. He'd just need to hang out in the streets until he sees a drug deal occur, then follow the supplier and sequentially go up the chain of command until he makes his way over to the laundromat and sees Walt and Jesse at work.

While all of this is true, the way Light methotically plans everything out, I don't see Mike or Gus being able to do anything before they're dead. My vote still lies with Light.

Light will take them out if he knows they'll be trouble. And given that he has Misa by his side, and she'll do anything for him, he'll just eliminate them as soon as he can.

What I'm trying to say is whether or not light would even know that they're trouble. Mike POSSIBLY but still super unlikely. As for Gus, I seriously doubt it (at least at first) I think the main deciding factor is how Light conducts the investigation. Mind you, this is not life or death in his eyes. It's merely for L's publicity

I was aware that if this weren't the case, then Light would almost certainly win by a landslide just killing the moment he's able, however in the way I set up the fight I tried to make it more fair by changing Lights motives in a reasonable manner. This way Light's ideal victory is one where Walt gets killed by KIRA in the prison cell that L sent him to

One thing I just realized I want to add is the prior knowledge. Walt starts with the knowledge that KIRA can kill without being physically present, could kill Lind L. Taylor, but not L, and at some point lived in the Kanto region of Japan as per the publicly broadcasted announcement. However there much less publicly available knowledge about Heisenberg. However since L has access to the DEA's files on Heisenberg for the sake of the case, Light knows that there is near chemically identical blue crystal meth found all around the American Southwest and some of northern mexico and that the first known traces of it were found in Albuquerque, New Mexico. He also knows that Heisenberg is likely a pseudonym for whatever person/people are manufacturing the meth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back