• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Universe Survival Saga much? Especially when he's in a tight spot or knows that unarmed melee is not an option, he'll go straight for ki blasts.

ProfessorLord said:
Okay fair enough. He goes to strike Kira and then he blows up. Why? Kira already had a bomb planted on his suit in anticipation of the attack.
Goku would punch his face or his neck most likely and even your scenario only end in a draw since the blow would still kill Kira, even if we say his ability would work, which i'm not convinced off as i said above.

Or Goku goes for a Kiai, which he also tend to use as an opening move against weaker opponent.

and Goku did use a ki blast as a killing opening move in his fight against Yakkon, the only reason he didn't do it right away is because he knew Babidi's fighter all had a trick and was being prudent;

Also Goku usualy goes for a kamehameha when he want to kill so he could also use it as his opening move here (IE : when he killed Golden Freezer)

I mean, as soon as he touches Kira he's going to initiate the bomb transfer. His hand will touch his clothing and then vanish as he explodes, he won't have the chance to carry the momentum into Kira.

Going for a ki blast first is a valid option, sure, but he rarely tends to do that against an opponent as his opening move.

ProfessorLord said:
I mean, as soon as he touches Kira he's going to initiate the bomb transfer. His hand will touch his clothing and then vanish as he explodes, he won't have the chance to carry the momentum into Kira.
Going for a ki blast first is a valid option, sure, but he rarely tends to do that against an opponent as his opening move.
The shockwave from the punch would still turn Kira into a red mist even if Goku's hand explode, so best case is a draw here and once again, Goku would probably go for the neck or head like he did against those random robbers.

Yeah because Goku rarely want to kill an opponent he can one shot, the closest we got to that situation was with Golden Freezer after the do-over and Goku did open with a kamehameha in that case, so as i said, Goku opening with a kiai or a kamehameha here is perfectly plausible, even if the Kiai is more plausible.

Also he did open with a ki blast when he tried to test the Elder Kaioshin.

When has Goku punch made a shockwave in the style of Saitama or All Might? Once he stops his momentum it all goes away, there's no massive air gust that will obliterate Kira.

Plus in case you haven't realized, Kira is wearing a collar, so going for the neck chop like he did in that tournament won't pan out. I've never seen Goku initiate a lethal blow to the head.

That's why Kira wins 8/10 times, because Goku's opening moves are great for learning/analyzing and making him stronger, not so much when it comes to an opponent you can't touch.

On the other hand, I'd say Vegeta actually wins against Kira 7/10 times, he's much more willing to one-shot his opponent with a ranged attack. I'd say it's actually expected of him to blow Kira up.

ProfessorLord said:
When has Goku punch made a shockwave in the style of Saitama or All Might? Once he stops his momentum it all goes away, there's no massive air gust that will obliterate Kira.
Plus in case you haven't realized, Kira is wearing a collar, so going for the neck chop like he did in that tournament won't pan out. I've never seen Goku initiate a lethal blow to the head.

That's why Kira wins 8/10 times, because Goku's opening moves are great for learning/analyzing and making him stronger, not so much when it comes to an opponent you can't touch.

On the other hand, I'd say Vegeta actually wins against Kira 7/10 times, he's much more willing to one-shot his opponent with a ranged attack. I'd say it's actually expected of him to blow Kira up.
Against Chichi, his fight against Beerus, his one inch punch against Golden Freezer, his attack against Jiren while in MUI, his weird punch against Broly in the trailer etc, the momentum goes away because Goku stop it, if Goku explode, Kira take the full strenght of it and become a red mist here

His collar doesn't cover the base of his skull / begining of his neck, which is where DB character tend to hit for the old neck chop.

His opening moves against characters who he doesn't obviously doesn't outclass are like that, it's true but all of his opening against people he outclass are : a flick to the head, a kiai, a shockwave (like with Chichi), a Ki blast (against Yakkon and to test Elder Kaioshin), a chope to the neck and when he want to kill : a kamehameha, they are all quick, effective, to the point and put him at no risk of a bad suprise and litteraly all of those move would take no more effort for Goku than they usualy do to turn them into mortal attack against Kira, hell, it would probably be easier since he wouldn't have to restrain them as much unless for some weird reason Goku doesn't know the fight is to the death.

so once again, your scenario end with a draw at best with multiple window for Goku to easily win while staying in character with what he would do in the show, so it's more like Goku is the one winning 8/10 here, the 2 time left being a draw and a win for Kira if Goku fail his chope and hit Kira's collar which is unlikely.

ProfessorLord said:
Not to mention that he can set a bomb on his own clothes and transfer it to anyone who touches it from there, similar to how he set one on the door handle that killed Shigenchi. From here even if Goku says "**** it" and goes for the classic neck chop, as soon as he touches Kira's collar his fingers and hand will vanish with the rest of him following a second later.

He has literally never done that in character, much less in close quarters where he always opts for simply punching his opponents or attempt to turn them into a bomb.

Kyschan21 said:
If a fun and games board can get arguments like that, I might as well make an actual thread
Poor Kira. He'll never have the life of peace he desires.

Wait, David Bowie was featured in one of Queen's songs? Never knew that.

Because Queen and Bowie collaborating puts even Ralph and Avengers Endgame to shame.

Fun fact is, Queen and Bowie actually got number 2 at the Best Crossovers events.

With alot of the Vs Kira battles, It's not often brought up that Kira can literally defeat *any* single foe. Literally all he has to do is come in contact with them and press his thumb. Remember, Killer Queen's first bomb dosent blow things up, It makes *them* blow up, if that makes sense. Like dynamite causes other objects damage, but Kira's target IS the dynamite, and is 100% removed from exsistence, (only real exception is when the target inst directly linked to what he touched, like how one of Shigechi's harvests managed to live for a few second, but remember it alsted like 15 second, and harvest has around 50 bodies if i remember right) Also should be noted Kira himself dosent need to touch the foe himself, his stand can.

Even if we assume his foe can see Killer Queen, they cannot see it if its not out. And unless you had prior knowledge what a stand is and that Kira has one, you would be at least slightly suprised at the random pink cat man appearing from nowhere with the intent to touch you (oh boy that sounded great).

In addition Killer Queen is a stealth stand, things could play out like this:

Goku bumps kira kira gets miffed blah blah, kira merely needs to brush his hand against goku and walk away. 5 minutes later goku just explodes. the end.

(btw when i said any single foe, i meant if the foe has an ally, like josuke did in jjba, they could easily surround him or just attack him while he's coming into contact with someone. As Killer Queen totally relies on it's bombs, as it's never shown any hand-to-hand combat ability to my knowledge, like its decently strong, but anyone we would put him agasint would at least have the training to fend it's punches off, not that the punches need to cause damage, just connect)

Back