• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King Kong minor upgrade?

Well, he actually is rated as below average, but I disagree, he can use signal language to speak, he even told to the little girl to she doesnt tell to nobody about the fact that Kong know how to speak, and he told that he want to go to his home, here is a small video showing it
and he also showed a good combat talent, so, I think it should be Average inteligence or something like that instead of below average

Below Average is actually a pretty good intelligence rating for an animal like kong, there are animals in the real world that know basic sign language.
Kong isnt only like ''an animal'', he is pretty smort, and it isnt only basic sign language, he kept conversation with that little girl for a long time, but ppl only knew it when the girl told to the mom that Kong can speak lol, there is no reason to kept him at below average if his inteligence rating has never shown to be lower than human one, at least on the new movie

Also, can u show me animals that literally can kept conversation with people on sign language? without memorized things that trainers do with birds, cuz that isnt keeping conversation

While I think there's evidence of a higher intelligence in kong, I don't think it's here

Iirc it's implied that Kong's species had a small civilisation in the hollow earth, which had architecture. This would imply at least average intelligence for Kong's species imo.

We should ask more monsterverse supporters I guess, and I personally think that kong being able to speak with ppl using sign language can be a average inteligence feat, however, the civilization thing also can be a support feat, yea

While I think there's evidence of a higher intelligence in kong, I don't think it's here

Iirc it's implied that Kong's species had a small civilisation in the hollow earth, which had architecture. This would imply at least average intelligence for Kong's species imo.
Nice observation

I'm personally unsure if average via being able to talk is reasonable, a small child can hold a conversation with a person, this does not mean that they are as smart as the average person.

I'm personally unsure if average via being able to talk is reasonable, a small child can hold a conversation with a person, this does not mean that they are as smart as the average person.
but being able to talk and have reasoning is what makes someone have Average inteligence, and we can't forget that kong also showed inteligence on combat style, and the fact that Kong can speak using sign language makes it better, ig

Honestly, I can't fit about how this is kong inteligence
''Below Average: Characters of below average intellects and unremarkable skills.''

but being able to talk and have reasoning is what makes someone have Average inteligence, and we can't forget that kong also showed inteligence on combat style, and the fact that Kong can speak using sign language makes it better, ig
Following on the sign language, it clearly is shown that Kong can express emotion during those moments when displaying sign language.

I sorta disagree.
1. The civilization isn't really much of a civilization. There was a cave which they sorta used for a throne and there was an axe which a normal monkey will be able to make in a few years (they are already use rocks to help themselves out and learned to use money)
2. Kong didn't make that civilization
3. Kong has shown less capability of communication than the gorilla Koko who actual spoke full sentences while the most kong has shown is him saying Home.
You have to understand that average is a lot more serious than monkey level intelligence. That guy at the meat shop who cuts beef for a living who knows how to read, calculate, speculate, talk and knows and remembers many concepts and realities, that is the average guy.
Heck, we are actually generous to kong, apparently chimps fall under high-animalistic despite being capable of very basic communication.
Kong should stay at below average.

There is a higher chance to upgrade godzilla to below average than upgrading kong to average. Godzilla has shown both instinct and understanding of what he does, being like a raging king who has to put his subordinates in place. He knows that humans are of no harm to him and only causes destruction on his path to destroying mechagodzilla. He has shown emotion, laughing at kong running away from him, showing smaller yet similar levels of intelligence to kong. He also clearly communicates with other titans, even with kong.
Now of course, i want him to stay at high-animalistic because that is not enough, but i used this just to prove that that is closer to reality than kong being average.

If he is average then show me him reading a book. Because that is what an average person should do. If Kong is average then they should take those 5 year olds screaming on the floor above me and make them get a job, that are the intelligence levels necessary.

I sorta disagree.
1. The civilization isn't really much of a civilization. There was a cave which they sorta used for a throne and there was an axe which a normal monkey will be able to make in a few years (they are already use rocks to help themselves out and learned to use money)
2. Kong didn't make that civilization
3. Kong has shown less capability of communication than the gorilla Koko who actual spoke full sentences while the most kong has shown is him saying Home.
You have to understand that average is a lot more serious than monkey level intelligence. That guy at the meat shop who cuts beef for a living who knows how to read, calculate, speculate, talk and knows and remembers many concepts and realities, that is the average guy.
Heck, we are actually generous to kong, apparently chimps fall under high-animalistic despite being capable of very basic communication.
Kong should stay at below average.

There is a higher chance to upgrade godzilla to below average than upgrading kong to average. Godzilla has shown both instinct and understanding of what he does, being like a raging king who has to put his subordinates in place. He knows that humans are of no harm to him and only causes destruction on his path to destroying mechagodzilla. He has shown emotion, laughing at kong running away from him, showing smaller yet similar levels of intelligence to kong. He also clearly communicates with other titans, even with kong.
Now of course, i want him to stay at high-animalistic because that is not enough, but i used this just to prove that that is closer to reality than kong being average.

If he is average then show me him reading a book. Because that is what an average person should do. If Kong is average then they should take those 5 year olds screaming on the floor above me and make them get a job, that are the intelligence levels necessary.
Dude, no, saying Home wasnt the best that Kong did, if u watched the movie, the little girl said that Kong told to her that he didnt wanted that others people know that he can speak, which means that he already kept conversation with her for a long time, the civilization has types of construction and tech that doesnt exist even on our houses, doesnt matter if kong didnt made the civilization, the argument was to his species

i still think this is below average. Koko the gorilla was able to explain to humans how she was sad because of the death of her favorite kitten and showed that she was crying as she couldn't physically cry. Titans already communicate in a semi-advanced way when kong just knows how to say the same to humans. Basically he is less or comparatively intelligent than a kid and a cave man both of whom are below average

i still think this is below average. Koko the gorilla was able to explain to humans how she was sad because of the death of her favorite kitten and showed that she was crying as she couldn't physically cry. Titans already communicate in a semi-advanced way when kong just knows how to say the same to humans. Basically he is less or comparatively intelligent than a kid and a cave man both of whom are below average
Explaining to humans how she was sad is different from directly talking with them, literally, and since, there is no evidences to put him less than average, but there has these evidences that likely put him to average, also, his inteligence isnt the same as a cave man

I'm iffy on it, Kong's ancestors could've been superior in intelligence compared to him. Kong lived alone so he wouldn't have learned how to do the things his ancestors did like building statues, stairs and thrones. But there is a possibility for average intelligence upgrade

I'm iffy on it, Kong's ancestors could've been superior in intelligence compared to Kong. Kong lived alone so he wouldn't have learned how to do the things his ancestors did like building statues, stairs and thrones. But there is a possibility for average intelligence upgrade
I see, thanks for the input

Back