• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King Arthur vs King Arthur?!?

Xmark12

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
"Who are you?"

"I'm you but female."

"...What."

Arthur

vs

Arturia

Rules:

• Base King Arthur vs Base Composite Saber (If Avalon is too much then it can be restricted)
  • Speed equalized
  • In-character
  • Win by whatever they would do in-character to win
  • The battle takes place in an empty Camelot
Music:

Battle Theme 1

Battle Theme 2

Score:

Arthur: 1

Arturia: 0

Inconclusive: 3

Saber

Giving the win to Arthur via Intangibility,Attack Reflection, Time Manipulation,Resistance to Mind, Soul and Matter Hax

Well it's only minor as it comes from Charisma which to quote is

"The natural talent to command an army, which increases the ability of allies during group battles. It is said that a rank of B in this skill is sufficient to lead a nation as its King."

Just saying, Avalon is able to protect her from attacks up to the 6th dimension.

Every "special move" Saber uses, including Avalon, use up Mana. After it's all out, she won't be able to use it anymore. That's one way to take her out. Another way is to simply take the scabbard away from her (though it's inside of her body).

That, or we can restrict the activation of it outright in this battle (the healing properties may still be used, which isn't that OP). I still believe that Saber would still have a chance here considering she's been able to fight opponents much stronger than her and come out on top for the most part.

For hax other than Avalon, she has precognition, Excalibur is able to completely destroy at an atomic level IIRC, Mana Burst can temporarily boost her, which I don't think would count as speed, because it's more like a jet burst; and can make her sword invisible, which makes it difficult to determine how far you can be to block, what's her reach with the sword, etc.

Always restricting one thing after the other with characters like Saber...

Anyways idk if i'm coming back to vote on this but aside from maybe Xmark's thing on the Avalon part with mana, i've always been told that Saber can't attack while using Avalon's defense. So in some sense, King Arthur may not be able to harm Artoria while she has it active but Artoria in turn won't be able to retialiate while she has her "perfect defense" active. She would have to end the ability in order to do that.

Edit: Although idk if that's true or not but i've been told quite a bit that's how it limits Artoria for all of its defense power. Will have to ask Reppuzan about it another time later.

Late night comment: We all suck ass on thread activity save a rare couple...sorry if I down anyone cause I also do that to myself here. ƒÿù

I dunno if I can vote on my own thread, but eh, nobody else is voting so why not.

It seems as though Arthur has many more abilities and ways to kill Arturia than vise versa. However, hax isn't the only factor here, as if it was, EMIYA would've stomped Arturia in their vs battle over on the main wiki. Strength and especially skill counts in this battle as well.

As for strength, at base it should obviously go to Arthur, since he's constantly High 7-A whereas Arturia's only 7-A. But, Arturia actually has a chance to one shot Arthur with Excalibur, as at full power it's unquanifiably above base High 7-A, which Arthur seems to scale to.

As for skill, you're gonna have to clarify me on this @GKS77, but Arthur doesn't seem to possess as much skill as Arturia does. Just some examples of Arturia's skill are displayed when she battled Hercules and Sasaki Kojiro.

Even though Hercules was more powerful than Arturia in every way, even though he was induced with madness, she still was able to beat him through sheer skill alone, even when being at a severe disadvantage throughout the whole fight.

In the fight with Sasaki, it was actually the opposite case. She was stronger in every way except for skill. Keep in mind that Sasaki's skill alone was basically able to make the world go "screw it, do whatever you want", and bend space to create three sword strikes at once. And guess how Arturia won. Not with her strength, but with her intellect, instincts, and skill (also luck, which she has a high amount of. It's literally a stat she has).

This also isn't taking into consideration her abilities, such as an instinct that borders on precognition, similar atomization abilities as Arthur has with her Excalibur, and of course Avalon.

Now that I listed everything about Arturia, you might be thinking I'm rooting for her, but I'm actually not. There's still things unexplained, such as Arthur's intelligence. I didn't even delve into his abilities that much either, soo... who am I rooting for? Well, nobody. They both have ways to defeat the other. Arthur has a crap ton of abilities at his disposal, and Arturia has a crap ton of skill at her disposal.

TL;DR: Going inconclusive for now until I have more information about Arthur, such as his intelligence and willingness to use the abilities at his disposal. Also things like what would he do for his first attacks, etc.

Sasaki's skill was already said in the comment above, but he was basically so skilled that literally all Servants in the war didn't want to fight against this guy in a melee fight.

Hercules was still able to retain his fighting skill even in a state of madness, and since every Servant is basically based off their historical figues, Hercules is at least equal to, if not more skilled than his real life legend. For an in-canon example, he was able to fend off Gilgamesh and even surprise him. Gilgamesh being the strongest Servant in Fate and holding thousands upon thousands of hax, which you probably know (since he's pretty popular on the main wiki).

For another example, she was able to fend off Lancer (C├║ Chulainn), who was able to fight Gilgamesh for half a day before being taken down, and is said to be able to take out Hercules (albeit he has a low chance of sucess). Lancer in his myth was also able to take on an entire army, and even his dead body was still able to harm people who even came close to it.

There's plenty more fights she's in though, and this isn't counting the fact that she also has the same experience as her real life counterpart.

Arthur has outskilled characters like Karl Sharpe who have several millennia of fighting experience. He also is a master of multiple sword fighting and martial arts styles. He also had fought against people who have solo'd armies through sheer skill. In addition he is capable of copying martial arts and sword fighting styles by fighting against them.

Back