• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kinetic energy or Potential energy?

character who can lift an object weighing 500 kg in 15 seconds, with a distance of 10 meters. Is that calculated using KE or PE?

Is the guy lifting the object carrying it to the air 10 meters above the ground, in 15 seconds, or did he lift the object in 15 seconds and later traveled a distance of 10 meters? I'm kinda of bummed at the question.

Apakah pria mengangkat benda yang membawanya ke udara 10 meter di atas tanah, dalam 15 detik, atau apakah dia mengangkat benda itu dalam 15 detik dan kemudian menempuh jarak 10 meter? Aku agak bingung dengan pertanyaannya.
The first is my question.

DBcUtoo.png

Just add them together
Edit: At least if the object has the corresponding speed at the end.

The speed value is so outstandly low it might not get any results. Potential Energy fits better here and will actually give you something quantifiable.

Alas, PE = m.g.h => 500 kilos x 9.8 m/s^2 x 10 meters = 49,000 joules, or just 50 KJ rounded up.

EDIT: Just for reference I calculated the Work done here is plainly the same, 50 Kilojoules.

I also did KE and it gave me some funny 90 joules.

Last edited:
Nilai kecepatan sangat rendah sehingga mungkin tidak mendapatkan hasil apa pun. Energi Potensial lebih cocok di sini dan benar-benar akan memberi Anda sesuatu yang dapat diukur.

Sayangnya, PE = mgh => 500 kilo x 9,8 m/s^2 x 10 meter = 49.000 joule, atau hanya 50 KJ yang dibulatkan.

EDIT: Hanya untuk referensi saya menghitung Pekerjaan yang dilakukan di sini jelas sama, 50 Kilojoule.

Saya juga melakukan KE dan itu memberi saya 90 joule yang lucu.
Ow ok, and I want to ask whether objects that are moved by human power can't be calculated with KE but PE?,I've seen people say that "KE is kinetic energy that moves on its own without the help of human power,And KE refers more to movement,And it's not how much energy the object puts out."Is that true? I'm confused :v

Ow ok, and I want to ask whether objects that are moved by human power can't be calculated with KE but PE?,I've seen people say that "KE is kinetic energy that moves on its own without the help of human power,And KE refers more to movement,And it's not how much energy the object puts out."Is that true? I'm confused :v
The people that say this are dumb :/

KE is the energy gathered by any mass in motion, regardless if such a movement is propulsed by a human force, gravity, sheer momentum, or whatever.

True that is KE is more related to movement, while PE varies depending on height and the force that is pulling/dragging the object to an stable zero energy state.

Dunno what you are refering to in the third part, at that I point I do rather prefer you to explore that on more accurated parts of the internet; science articles, wiki pages, interviews, educational videos etc ect.

Last edited:
Back