• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Life Fiber Hybrid Regenerationn

High-Mid Regenerationn is wrong.

This is not the real Nui, which is clear from the color. It's the remains of a COVER, wound into Nui's shape from a distance using her control of Life Fibers. Even if it was the real Nui, it'd be super inconsistent.

Ragyo dies instantly upon the total destruction of her heart, and, by stating she could reattach her head if a single string remains connected, she's implying that if all the strings were cut, she would die. Nui also basically dies when she chops her head off, and is promptly absorbed by the Primordial Life Fiber.

Low-Mid Regenerationn is more appropriate, I think, as I believe reattaching a severed head is Low-Mid. It's just good Low-Mid, given the size and resilience of what needs to be destroyed to get the job done. Mid's more reasonable than High-Mid, so I could accept that too.

Senketsu did reform from being diced to bits by Nui, but he does note the only reason he survived was because Ryuko was holding onto him so tightly. Besides, I don't think you can compare clothing regenerating from being cut up to a (part) human, with a bunch of vital organs, including one that will cause their death if it is destroyed, being diced apart.

Various Character Statistics
Nui should probably be At least 7-A, likely 6-B. She fought against the Elite Four in their Ultimate Regalia. I think Post-Harmonization Satsuki should be, too, given that she actually did effectively repeatedly injure Ragyo, and then fought against Junketsu Ryuko. She did a better job against her than Nui did against Post-Junketsu Ryuko, at least.

Her and Nui also fought, anyways, and Nui also fought Ryuko right before Shinra Koketsu happened. Her new arms probably helped.

This is the end of my career as a Bureaucrat, for going against Ryu. I accept my fate.

@Prom I can give you the thread where High-Mid was decided if you'd like, because Ryuko and Nui both regenerated from their hearts being ripped out on top of far greater damage, and Ragyo was cut into 8 pieces by Ryuko and Satsuki after Senketsu blew a massive hole in her chest and regenerated.

The whole thing about the thread is because Life fibers instantly regenerate as soon as theyre cut

>Nui also basically dies when she chops her head off, and is promptly absorbed by the Primordial Life Fiber.

Yes because she bypassed her own regen via cutting it off in a scissor motion

> I don't think you can compare clothing regenerating from being cut up to a (part) human

Senketsu is half human actually, he is the same as Ryuko, a fact that is stated numerous times throughout the series.

As for Nui, Nui was oneshot by the ultimate regalia Elite 4. Post Harmonization Satsuki was curbstomped by Ragyo the instant she got serious.

If they regenerated their hearts, cool, but High-Mid still isn't reasonable, and while Senketsu is part-human, he doesn't have organs and stuff. You can't compare what he regenerates from and decide that if you did the same thing to Ryuko that she'd regenerate; their biology is still different in many ways.

"Yes because she bypassed her own regen via cutting it off in a scissor motion"

Yes, she completely severed her head, and then died. She needed a string to be attached to regenerate, and cannot survive true, total decapitation or the total destruction of her head, either.

I'm talking about when Nui cut Senketsu apart, in which he took much worse damage than when Ryuko ripped him off Satsuki.

@Prom Except it is completely reasonable, Ragyo was cut into 8 pieces by Ryuko and Satsuki after Senketsu blew a massive hole in her chest and regenerated, and Ryuko was torn to shreds by Ragyo in their final battle as well as had basically her entire torso destroyed and regenerated. Ryuko and Senketsu are repeatedly stated throughout the series to be identical in their biology, i see no reason why they shouldnt be treated as the same.

No, strings are not required for them to regenerate. Cutting them in a scissor motion disrupts the physical processes of the Life Fibers and nullifies their Regenerationn, something which is also blatantly stated. Nui cut her head off in a scissor cut, she nullified her own Regenerationn. If she just used one blade then she would have regenerated.

Ryuko did far more damage to Senketsu. Ryuko shredded him off of Satsuki and a few seconds later he's regenerated completely, Ryuko wasnt holding Senketsu and was actively trying to kill him.

Oh, I did forget about Ragyo being diced apart like that! In that case, I think that's a much better feat to reference than what is not the real Nui being diced apart. I don't think Ryuko was ripped to shreds, either, she just was repeatedly stabbed straight through, a whole lot.

And Ryuko and Senketsu aren't identical in their biology, like... one looks like a sailor uniform and one looks like a human, there's differences, even if they're similar internally.

The strings, the Life Fibers that connect them, are necessary. Ragyo basically says as much to Satsuki, implying that if she had fully severed every thread, she'd have died.

It's not total decapitation. They're still connected by Life Fibers, and are not completely regenerating their severed head. They're simply reattaching it.

Would you like me to put that as a reference instead? I cna get you pics of the damage Ryuko took in her final fight if you'd like.

Yes and Senketsu is half human and Ryuko is half Life Fibers, if you'd like i can try to find the statement of them having identical biology as well.

Yes and they regenerate instantly AS theyre being cut, hence why you need to cut them in a scissor motion, it disrupts their biological processes and prevents them from regenerating properly.

Yes, I would prefer that.

I mean, their biology is still obviously different, like... they have major differences, and I just don't think you can compare two beings with completely different morphology, let's say, regenerating from similar wounds.

I don't see how that changes anything. Ragyo said Bakuzan couldn't cut all her life fibers, not that it cut them and they regenerated. Again, it's not like it matters, I'm fine with High-Mid so long as the justification is better, as it's faulty at the moment.

Life Fiber regen has nothing to do with threads remaining connected, it has to do with the threads being able to properly regenerate or not. They begin to regenerate instantly the moment theyre cut, which is why a normal cutting attack doesnt bypass their regen. A scissor cut however disrupts their biological processes and effectively nullifies their Regenerationn if they arent cut properly, hence why Ryuko was able to regenerate from being bisected from one shred of missed skin despite her being scissor cut and why Nui was able to decapitate herself and while Ragyo regenerated from decapitation.

And "Nui"'s. Since that wasn't Nui. It was a COVERS she spun into her shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back