• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I swear this'll be the last Homestuck match I make for a while.

John Egbert VS Goku

Both at 9-A

21st Budokai Goku is used

Speed is equalized

Winner by K.O or Death.

Battle takes place in New York City

Who wins and why?

John Egbert: 1 (DivineAura44)

Goku: 7 (Gonzalo, FluffyCreatureZ, ImNot4nUser, BetterThanYou, Sonicflare9, Pokemonfan807, Rez)

Inconclusive:​

John%27s_Normal_Outfit.png
STRIFE!
Kid_goku_render_xkeeperz_by_maxiuchiha22_dd2jqul.png

Last edited:
Attack Potency:
John: Baseline(0.005 Tons)
Goku: 0.014 Tons+
Goku has a x3(x2.8) advantage
Goku also has the experience and skill advantage

John has versatility, he could time stop Goku if he hit him. And he has summoning so he can summon nannasprite, so there's that, as well as his healing.
Goku can fly on the nimbus cloud, adding the fact of totem pole superior range.

Hmmm...
Wait, does nannasprite to Homestuck 8C or ?

Last edited:
I don’t exactly understand the question here, sorry, but if it’s about scaling, I’m not sure, I haven’t seen her do anything that’s 8-C. (Unless she scales to other 8-C characters)

Last edited:
Attack Potency:
John: Baseline(0.005 Tons)
Goku: 0.014 Tons+
Goku has a x3(x2.8) advantage
Goku also has the experience and skill advantage

John has versatility, he could time stop Goku if he hit him. And he has summoning so he can summon nannasprite, so there's that, as well as his healing.
Goku can fly on the nimbus cloud, adding the fact of totem pole superior range.

Hmmm...
how long does johns time stop last

if they're just frozen with no time limit then John just freezes but idk ive never seen homestuck

Actually, the Time Stop activates when John hits someone with Fear No Anvil, I think if he hits them again time goes back to normal for the person he hit, and he wouldn't be able to take Goku down that easily because well, Goku isn’t like the enemies John fought in Sburb

Last edited:
what is fear no anvil
Fear No Anvil is one of the hammers John obtains (forgot what page he obtains it specifically.) which allows John to use some time abilities, which is where the time stop comes from, "An extremely powerful weapon which Davesprite stole from Hephaestus. It has limited time stop capabilities; anything that it strikes is temporarily frozen in time."

Last edited:
Fear No Anvil is one of the hammers John obtains (forgot what page he obtains it specifically.) which allows John to use some time abilities, which is where the time stop comes from, "An extremely powerful weapon which Davesprite stole from Hephaestus. It has limited time stop capabilities; anything that it strikes is temporarily frozen in time."
for how long?

for how long?
From what I’ve seen, it probably wouldn’t last too long, maybe around 3-5 seconds? which is at least enough time to get one hit in. Though I could be wrong because I don’t exactly know how long it lasts but I think it would be around that time for it to last.

Last edited:
summon his granny, which is a sprite (Can throw stuff around with TK, object creation spam(like throwing toilets, and bathtubs lol), healing, attack and what not.) I wonder is she scales to 8C, likely 8A, actually...
That probably needs to be restricted, 8c makes stomp.

Goku takes this match, even if John tries to hit him with Fear No Anvil, he could simply evade him and that's it, apart from having his holy staff also unlike John in those moments.
Goku already has some experience in combat unlike John who in the beginning was overwhelmed by basic enemies of Sburb.
finally Goku wins

Yeah, Goku experience and skill is just way above.
Higher ap and range aswell.
So Goku FRA(for now)

The only wonder is if nannasprite is 8C

Voting John Egbert due to Nannasprite. (Will consider changing to Goku if it's restricted.)

Last edited:
I'm keeping Nannasprite since John (Before becoming God Tier) always has the Pendant (though I don't think he starts with it right away)

Anyways votes are counted (sorry for taking so long)

Back