• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kid Goku (21st Budokai) VS Original Golden Age Superman (Earth 2)

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Goku.

But...we can´t add it to their pages, sadly.
How so? If the GT Goku VS Pre-Crisis fight was added, then this fight should too

Well, yeah. But any Supes vs Goku is controversial.

We haven´t added Post-Crisis vs End of Z Goku for a reason.

Or SSG vs N52.

Goku wins both, but those are the Death Battle fights....

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Well, yeah. But any Supes vs Goku is controversial.

We haven´t added Post-Crisis vs End of Z Goku for a reason.

Or SSG vs N52.

Goku wins both, but those are the Death Battle fights....
B-but we did add GT Goku Vs Supes?....

Goku. I thought of that one with someone else before when comparing their tier on deviantArt (mostly me when doing early versions of Kakarot and Kal-El instead of their current versions). Goku and Superman has the same level of Durability, though Goku has higher Attack Potency and Striking Strength and Superman is faster than Goku normally (besides the Oozaru form, perhaps). Goku's Stamina says it's vastly superhuman and Superman's very high. Only way for Superman to take him down is to grab his tail since he didn't conditioned it before the 22nd World Martial Arts Tournament. Is that how it goes?

The Living Tribunal1 said:
Who wins?
I think its a good match up
Wait... what do you mean by Original Golden Age Superman? Like... only the original run of the Golden Age Superman by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, or the Golden Age in general? Only the one before Modern Age Superman?

Sorry, it just makes a huge difference in who wins this fight.

the original original
the very first i mean
So... Only the original Golden Age run from the 1930's-1950's? Because he does have some pretty decent durability feats.

Or... like only the one from the first issues? Because that really restricts him.

case 1- very first issues

case 2- the original run by original authors
Case 1: Then he definitely loses. He barely even has feats for those first couple of issues.

Case 2: Jerry Siegel and Joe Shusters run ran from 1938-1946, so that's actually a pretty decent run with feats. If this is only 21st Budokai, then he's only really about Large Building level, while Golden Age Superman was able to survive Two Nuclear bombs at once, and was pretty speedy. (though probably not to the lengths of the original goku at that point)

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/104108/3647991-supes+gun1.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/Nik_TehPimpXor/Liner.jpg

Theres also this feat of speed, but i don't know if it was apart of the original Siegel run (and it was done with art that might not have been done by Shuster)

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Precrisis/supermanspeed7.gif

He's also pretty strong all things considered.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/3489135-action+comics+#68+-+page+7.jpg

So i don't know, i think in pure reaction time Goku's faster and has much higher destructive output, while Kal-L definitely has better strength feats and overall durability. Eh.

so the golden age superman at the peak of the original run would stop at Kp saga goku then, and nothing before?

Jared1111 said:
Who wins?
I think its a good match up
Wait... what do you mean by Original Golden Age Superman? Like... only the original run of the Golden Age Superman by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, or the Golden Age in general? Only the one before Modern Age Superman?
Sorry, it just makes a huge difference in who wins this fight.
The one that follows the "faster than the speeding bullet, more powerful than the locomotive, leap over a tall building in a single bound" for the Man of Steel.

so the golden age superman at the peak of the original run would stop at Kp saga goku then, and nothing before?
Most definitely, and i would recommend keeping him only to that era to make it easier on Kid Goku, as anything Post-Siegel and Shuster era in terms of GA Superman can range from Planetary-Large Planetary+ to Multi-Galaxy+ level, depending on the incarnation.

But if it just the original "faster then a speeding bullet" Superman, then Kid Goku would definitely outpace him at 21st budokai levels.

ok
so 21st budokai goku beats original superman then
Without a doubt, first 1-8 issues has impressive speed feats, and maybe Building+level durability, but besides that, he can be hurt by missles and bombs that put out a lot less DP then Kid Goku.

Though to be fair, Kid Goku is also a long longer into his journey then GA Superman, so it's possibly imbalanced. But besides that, Kid Goku wins easily.

Back