• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ki Suppression is...?

By suppressing your Ki in Dragon Ball, you can blend in with the surroundings by lowering your power to the level of the creatures around you or low enough to not be immediately detected. One might assume this is Stealth Mastery but this is actually minimizing your presence.

Would this count as Perception Manipulation or just an extension of Ki Manipulation?

Then, there are characters like Goku and Mr. Popo who can conceal their presence by calming their heart and their mind, with Goku being capable of outright erasing his, while maintaining their full power. This means that they are not suppressing their Ki, but blending into the environment through sheer mental prowess alone. What exactly would that be?

When they surpress they ki they tend to move around hiding an stuff, so is both stealth mastery and a weakeness of ki osensing or something.

With perception manip they could stand in front of them and not be seen.

First one would be "resistance to ki sensing/extrasensory perception" and the second would be immunity to the same thing, that's the best I've got.

Is Stealth Mastery, as when a suggested a power for doing something like this (Concealment), it was agreed it is already covered by the former power.

When they surpress they ki they tend to move around hiding an stuff, so is both stealth mastery and a weakeness of ki osensing or something.

With perception manip they could stand in front of them and not be seen.
weakness ? where do you that idea from ?

in the 1st scan he's literally infront of everybody and no one can see him .

on 2nd thought i can see the 1st one being perception manip

1st no one is hiding from no one, mr popo is just quiet.

2nd looks out of context, nobody mentions it being his ki surpression and it can just be his speed and stealth mastery, the fact we don't see this anymore in the future and other characters needing to hide around doesn't help.

Would help if we get the pages before and after it though.

1st no one is hiding from no one, mr popo is just quiet.

2nd looks out of context, nobody mentions it being his ki surpression and it can just be his speed and stealth mastery, the fact we don't see this anymore in the future and other characters needing to hide around doesn't help.

Would help if we get the pages before and after it though.
i meant to say the 1st one , my bad

In Chapter 176, when Goku and Tien were brawling, they moved so fast only their sounds could be perceived, but their presences was still there and in the next chapter, when Goku and Tien ascend into the skies, they disappeared from the sights of the bystanders, but their presences could still be perceived.

On the other hand, when Goku moved around Piccolo, nothing could be heard and Tien remarked that he had completely erased his presence, a skill he learned while training with Kami and Mr. Popo who can erase their presence from users of Ki Sense without actually lowering their power, which is different from Ki Suppresion.

In Chapter 176, when Goku and Tien were brawling, they moved so fast only their sounds could be perceived, but their presences was still there and in the next chapter, when Goku and Tien ascend into the skies, they disappeared from the sights of the bystanders, but their presences could still be perceived.

On the other hand, when Goku moved around Piccolo, nothing could be heard and Tien remarked that he had completely erased his presence, a skill he learned while training with Kami and Mr. Popo who can erase their presence from users of Ki Sense without actually lowering their power, which is different from Ki Suppresion.
Yeah sounds like stealth mastery. Especially for combat

"Ki Manipulation (Can be used defensively and offensively, to strengthen his skin or to fire ki blasts, which can home in on targets, and form defensive barriers)"

Next to "to strengthen his skin" you write ", avoid doing so to suppress their power" and that's it.

Ideally all their profiles should point out how strong they are w/o being strengthenby their ki, like many Star Wars characters show how strong Force users are w/o the Force. As if someone depowers them from their ki or takes them by surprise w/o them using their ki then our stats indexing wiki isn't informing us the specific level they have in that state. If one didn't know DB it may as well think some characters are just naturally at really high tiers based on reading the profiles.

Ideally all their profiles should point out how strong they are w/o being strengthenby their ki, like many Star Wars characters show how strong Force users are w/o the Force. As if someone depowers them from their ki or takes them by surprise w/o them using their ki then our stats indexing wiki isn't informing us the specific level they have in that state. If one didn't know DB it may as well think some characters are just naturally at really high tiers based on reading the profiles.
That's the thing. They are naturally at high tiers.

Ki and physical ability are intertwined—Ki is the body's inner power. I never understood the "strengthen his skin" part of their Ki Manipulation, because it's not like they are just weak individuals and become strong with a Statistics Amplification aura, like Force users do. By increasing your Ki, all of your stats rise until you reach 100% of your battle power, or you could conversely decrease your Ki and lower your battle power as well as your presence to Ki Sense users. If you were to take away their Ki, their entire battle power would disappear (and they would die, since you're taking away their life force).

I think this kind of thing belong to Concealment to me cause Goku conceal his ki so other could not sensw him to gauge his power level. Or if it is not enough to grant a full blow ability there is still Ki Manip description: can supress his ki to blend in surrounding, conceal his ki level, etc....

You don't really camouflage or something, you just make ki sensing useless.
This. You just make ki sensing useless by becoming like a normal human. Doesn't necessarily mean you have stealth mastery.

Why are we talking about all DB characters?

When Goku and Popo are the only ones that can do this

Why are we talking about all DB characters?

When Goku and Popo are the only ones that can do this
Ki is universal energy system in dragon ball, so if Goku and Popo can use the technique, other ki user could thereotically perform the same feat

Doesn't mean they will get it, they have to be shown actually using it, and on later sagas they surpress their ki and still need to hide (i.e. gohan and krillin on namek, gohan with dragon ball vs vegeta, krillin vs gohan i think) so is not a universally known technique.

Last edited:
Doesn't mean they will get it, they have to be shown actually using it, and on later sagas they surpress their ki and still need to hide (i.e. gohan and krillin on namek, krillin vs gohan) so is not a universally known technique.
Beat me to it

You guys are doing too much (with all respect) with this stealth mastery. This isn't stealth. You can suppress your ki right in front of someone staring at you.

Just say Aura Suppression.

Didn't want it to consider it stealth related, but when I tried to create a power to cover supernatural concealments it was ultimately rejected, saying that it was already covered by Stealth Mastery, or it was just deemed "resistent to X".

You guys are doing too much (with all respect) with this stealth mastery. This isn't stealth. You can suppress your ki right in front of someone staring at you.

Just say Aura Suppression.
What about this?

Can you link the scan where he does that? I simply remember him teaching Goku to be calmer and stuff when Goku went there to train.

The Daizenshuu 7 notes that Mr. Popo can nullify his presence ("erase his own ki") and that he used this ability while training Goku.
In Chapter 164, Mr. Popo stated that he learned much from Kami, so it make senses that Kami possesses this ability too.
Also in Chapter 164, Mr. Popo stilled his heart and mind to the point that Goku found it difficult to sense his Ki and attempted to teach Goku this ability.
Both the manga (Chapter 165) and the Daizenshuu 2 make note of Goku's training involving sharpening his mind and his spirit.

And again, this is not the same as suppressing their ki because they maintain their level of strength.

I think the "erase his ki" is only meant as "suppress his ki". Popo tells Goku to be calm as a sky and not use wasteful movements to achieve that, and Goku says that he "almost" couldn't sense him. Meaning that he did sense him still, with some difficulty? Even so, I don't know what the power will be if you can make it so that you can't be sensed by ki sensing.

Back