• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kharn via being 4-B per SBA

When that's fixed, Kharn still wins via skill, physical stats, durability negation, honestly just about everything. Doesn't get possessed because Khorne thinks that's dumb.

Gorechild is a daemon weapon now. Some unknown daemon resides within it, and as a result he can use it to devour the essences of Greater Daemons by "killing" them in the warp, meaning that he can really kill them. His axe also just cuts on a level that can negate durability, and that type of axe has been shown to cut through primarch power armor.

Wokistan said:
Gorechild is a daemon weapon now. Some unknown daemon resides within it, and as a result he can use it to devour the essences of Greater Daemons by "killing" them in the warp, meaning that he can really kill them. His axe also just cuts on a level that can negate durability, and that type of axe has been shown to cut through primarch power armor.
Where was it said Gorechild is a daemonic weapon or negs Dura, swear I heard Azathoth saying it just a rumor

The daemonic component isn't why it negates durability, that's more of an anti regen thing. Means that if he was to cut someone in half who could normally survive that, they wouldn't.

Durability negation comes from something about mica dragon teeth cutting through stuff on some really thin layer, don't remember the specifics. It works to a point, but Kharn doesn't even need it here.

There's the stuff on his profile, but I don't just have a ton of Kharn links saved on my computer. I'd have to go snag them. Gorechild consuming souls is like a well known thing though. You can probably just find that off of some random Kharn fight.

I know it sucks out souls, did it in Wrath of Khar but dura negation or regen negation are new to me, nad the profile really don't explain it well tbh

The soulsuck is why it stops regen. The durability negation is from some random axe of Khorne once penetrating Magnus's magic defenses and his power armor, when thrown by a clearly not primarch level guy. That's the one the profile lists, but there's probably others. It's not absolute durability negation though, Kharn swung his gorechild into Abaddon's knee and only got into the knee rather than just loping the bottom part of his leg off.

Either way Kharn beats Lucius with or without that stuff, since Khorne wouldn't allow the possession.

But that's kind of an association fallacy, The Axe of Morkai was crafted by Khorne, Gorechild was never a Daemonic weapon to begin with, it just hacks really well and can suck souls I don't remember any kind of daemonic connection to it

I do agree Kharn wins this, but Isn't Lucius hax useless in most cases? since you know, that whole emerging from another's body takes like several weeks?

I don't remember that axe that hit Magnus that caused Khorne to laugh being any special axe, though I could be wrong. If you've got the quote that'd be nice. Gorechild sucking souls is due to some unnamed daemon, iirc.

Found a quote from Azathoth's blog.

Gorechild, Khârn's daemonic axe, howled in his hands."'

"Gorechild howled with frustrated bloodlust, writhing in his hand as if it would turn on him if he did not feed it more blood and sinew soon.

Both from The Wrath of Khâr.

EE0C75BD-E3B8-43A3-A991-2E17986DDC96
Got the scan

Also that howling thing seems very poetic and metaphorical, doesn't really seem sufficient to say it's got all those properties

The above quote outright calling it daemonic is pretty clear cut, and idk how it'd be "writhing in his hands" if it wasn't an actual thing. Kharn's own uncontrollable murder urges due to the butcher's nail knockoff aren't written as manifesting in his weapon like that, so that's out as an explanation. I'll look more into the mundane durability negation, though.

Seems like some misinterpretation, Daemonic weapons were made from souls of Daemons, and unless something suggest that a daemon does reside within it I can't really buy this.

While the above quote does seem convincing it's just a bit vague.

Also, I've got tons of WH shit on my phone so If ya need scans I can easily get them

I don't know how something that writhes with bloodlust and drinks the essence of a Greater Daemon is at least not somewhat daemonic. Though it think I specifically being a "daemon weapon" is less important than what it did to that Keeper of Secrets.

Regardless, even ignoring Gorechild, I'm pretty sure Kharn takes this with relative ease.

Lucius is strong, but Kharn is stronger.

Lucius is extremely skilled, but Kharn is at least equally so.

Lucius has a hilariously broken power from his god, but Kharn's god slaps Lucius' god upside the head. If Kharn kills Lucius, Khorne tells Slaanesh to take his soul somewhere the **** else.

Kharn also isn't an overconfident sadomasochist, which kinda helps him, here.

Kharn FRA.

I'm also going to say this, Lucius is gonna get smacked down like when he fought Nykona Sharrowkyn. He'll put up a fight but Kharn is simply better and the Blood Father will keep the Dark Prince away. That last part is only relevant if Kharn actually feels any satsifaction at killing Lucius.

A few more hours before Grace is done

Welp, Im cool with that. The question was more in the line of the match being fair and all.

Also, suck it Wok, I just got a loss to Lucius ovo

I have a question regarding lucius (for future matches):

"Possession: Whether Lucius allows his death willingly or is genuinely bested, he possesses the ability to constantly reincarnate himself, making him effectively immortal, so long as the being responsible takes some measure of satisfaction in the act. Slowly but surely, the killer will be transformed into a physical copy of Lucius, and their soul will be devoured by his sinister armour. They need not be the direct cause, nor even aware of what they have done to Lucius, such as when the swordsman possessed a factory worked in an entirely different solar system, all because he was the one who made the explosive that had slain Lucius' most recent body."

Does this work if the killer has no soul to begin with? Say, a robot or its nonexistent.

It works, for some reason. He possessed a necron once. He also once possessed some dude who has no way of knowing Lucius even existed, so that part is an inconsistent restriction as well.

Basically, Lucius let himself get killed by a landmine to possess some random factory worker across the Galaxy who manufactured a part that was in it.

But How fast does it work? I read in a Codex once that it took week for some captain of Dark angels or something to transform into Lucius? Doesn't this ability get screwed over by SBA or something?

It is inconsistent as hell with it sometimes taking months and other times taking place instantly, but I believe even with the former Lucius is still slowly eating away constantly at the victim. He doesn't just wait a month to do it at once. He's affecting them, albeit marginally, and as such isn't technically incapped.

There's also how the Warhammer files seem to represent characters at their peaks, which is also part of SBA, so we can assume it's portrayed as fast I guess.

Well Kharn does Have resistance to soul manip anyway so he wouldn't get absorbed either rway.

Speaking of which, where do space marines get their soulrape resistance from anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back