• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kenshiro vs Darquesse

Bump. Edited the conditions.

I suspected that someone was about to make this argument, I should've added that condition sooner to make it a fairer fight.

Edited: I probably wouldn't make any more changes in the future though.

Darquesse doesn't atomise, but instead tears him apart telekinetically.

Or at least tries to before realising that 6-B durability is a bit above her TK pay grade.

After that, dunno if she gets off existence erasure before he can close the distance and oneshot her

While I don't exactly like to debate anything as the OP here, I'll say this in the most unbiased way I can make:

Kenshiro with Musō Tensei has existence erasure, as well as supposedly being able to resist existence erasure himself at the cost of his own intangibility. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but that's exactly what it said in his profile.

If darquess has all the equipment she has ever had; then she would have the sceptre of the ancients which she could one shot with.

Delta3000 said:
If darquess has all the equipment she has ever had; then she would have the sceptre of the ancients which she could one shot with.
How so? How would she get past Kenshiro's Musō Tensei and a variety of his other hax (such as his own Precognition, being able to use instant kill attacks at a distance, Anryü Tenha etc.) as well?

I would start counting votes in once they provide valid enough reasoning.

The sceptre ignores durability, resistances and barriers; so it will just punch through all his defences and turn him to dust which he cannot regen from Darquess herself will copy and develop counters to all of his powers within a few seconds, less given that she has seen all of his major haxes before. She can aim dodge all of his ranged attacks with her pseudo-precog/magic and soul perception. His precog and mind manip (she is resistant to both and can mind **** anyone who uses them on her) make him susceptible to her possession (if he kills her with anything but existence erasure) and her mind manip which is very bad for him as he doesn't seem to have any mental resistance.

On one hand, pressure point shit is useless because she just body control / heals her way out of it.

On the other hand, that doesn't mean anything because the AP difference is so large that just by poking her lightly it would probably punch a large hole in her and send her flying backwards.

Delta3000 said:
The sceptre ignores durability, resistances and barriers; so it will just punch through all his defences and turn him to dust which he cannot regen from.
You mean magical barriers. It bypasses forcefields, it wouldn't bypass a physical shield (althought it might just turn the holder to dust along with the shield if it was a direct hit)

Yes and a physical shield would also be worthless as the sceptre has pierced and destroyed multiple concreate walls or people with a single blast on a few occasions.

OP did say all known equipment though I see where you are coming from.

Most of kenshiro's melee attacks won't land as Darquess will just fly and/or teleport out of range once she sees the massive power gap between them.

How would she see that power gap before she gets hit?

If his first target is her head, she's screwed.

If its her torso, she'd be sent flying and probably not have much of a torso anymore, but she could still heal, and then she'd know how strong he is.

Really it depends on what part of her he hits first.

Speed equal, her magic and soul perception lets her see how powerful someone is and she isn't going to just stand there and let him hit her.

If he destroys her head she can just posses him which he won't see coming due to her precog resistance and possessing him won't have its usual draw backs as his body is more than strong enough to handle her power.

Her magic and soul perception lets her see how powerful someone's magic is. Kenshiro is physical powerful not magically powerful, so she wouln't see.

Also, the only time she possessed someone was when they forcibly death manipulated her and ejected her spirit from her body. Every other time, people have talked about physically killing her as thought it was a viable option, and they didn't change that line of thought after they saw her ghost flying around.

He has a shit ton of Ki from what I recall which she would be able to see and would allow her to determine how powerful he is.

And yet they decided to use mind hax, people who could absorb souls and Ghosts to beat her.

Maybe.

They'd kinda lost all their other options by that point. Sceptre was BFR'd, Melancholia was dead, invulnerabilty and super strength had run out, Darquesse wasn't letting Valkyrie get close enough to death touch her and would have just become a spirit if it had, using Vile again would reveal Skulduggery. Mind hax was just about all they had.

And saying sensitives absorb souls and ghosts is a bit wanky. More like they can allow themselves to be possessed.

Verse equalisation would enable it and if Ki is a spiritual/soul energy she would probably be able to see it because of the soul sight; she would likely perceive him as having an extremely powerful and weaponized soul.

Its Vile and Melancholia who can absorb souls not the sensitives. I also never said it was the sensitives who could absorb souls and ghosts, even if they can become possessed by them, because it would be stupid of them to do given the circumstance. By Ghosts I mean the remnants; who would, hypothetically, be capable of affecting her spirit form as they are of a similar nature.

Neither Vile nor Melancholia were using death bubble to kill her though. They were just damaging her enough that she was forced to expend her magic to heal herself. Remnants tried and failed to possess her when she was pretty much dead

Probably because the last time Mel used it on her it didn't work very well.

I was under the impression (when reading that part of the series) that if they (everyone trying to kill her) could kill her physically their follow up was to have Vile or Mel absorb her soul with a death bubble or have a gang of remnants rip it apart when it tried to escape or trap it in a soul catcher.

Well yeah, that's what I'm saying.

Hmmmm. I dunno. They brought the soul catcher with them the first time because the plan was to separate Valkyrie's consciousness from Darquesse's and pull Darquesse out of Valkyrie's body and trap her in the Soul Catcher and leave Valkyrie in. They managed to do the first bit, but then they pulled out Valkyrie and put her in the Soul Catcher while Darquesse stayed in.

Then later, they death touch gauntlet'd Darquesse to kill her and expel her spirit from Valkyrie's body, and they only brought the Soul Catcher so they could then put Valkyrie back in. They never brought the Soul Catcher with them from then on, it was never part of their plan. They just tried to kill her.

There was never any plan for the remnants to be used to take down Darquesse, physically or as an exposed soul. The remnants on their ow tried to possess her. It got them all killed.

Either a plot hole or some limitation on the soul catcher I would guess.

Didn't they negotiate with the remnants, I thought they did much like they did with the vampires.

Any case their primary plan was to mind hax her but they would obviously try other things just in case.

Hmm. Do you guys think I should restrict Darquesse's Power Replication as well to make it a fairer match? Because at this point, based on the arguments made, it seems like Kenshirou's AP is the only edge here and could be overcome quite easily in several ways as a result of his enemy replicating his capabilities (because let's be fair, we want an actual match where a character wins, but not too easily).

If yes, then this would definitely`be the last change I make to the battle conditions and would no longer change the factors of this match anymore than I should.

You've already restricted her atomisation.

Match won't be added anyway.

Power Mimicry doesn't work on martial arts thought, so I don't think it matters.

You could but it wouldn't really help as she could give herself death bubble and eat his soul with it from a distance (him being able to fight as just a soul may help but probably not) or come up with some other hax.

Back