• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kenganverse vs Bakiverse: The King of Combat vs a poisoner

Okubo Naoya vs Ryuukou Yanagi

Speed equalized

Rules: everything allowed, including the use of weapons

In-Character, SBE and optional equipment allowed

Bracket here (note: keys of characters are subject to change)

Combatants have 1 day to heal any wounds sustained in the match

Winner will be declared after 12 hours if only 1 fighter has 0 votes

Retsu vs Kaneda here

This is honestly a toss up, Okubo is a lot more skilled when it comes to unarmed comabt and has much higher AP than Yanagi but Yanagi has weapons and some methods of durability negation. This battle could happen in a variety of ways, but I'll go for incon. Okubo can KO and one shot Yanagi with just about anything, and has experience in dealing with weapon users like the Guardians and has fought mutiple of them. But Yanagi can poison and has Banda, the former being the most deadly while the latter Okubo should be able to tank a few of them. Hence why I gotta go with incon.

Incon seems fair, but if you had to go with one, who would it be? Okubo has the skill advantage and the AP advantage, being skilled enough to give the Fang a run for his money, and the AP to oneshot. Yanagi has things like range advantage with his Rope Sickles, the Bagh Nakh to cut Okubo is he goes for a takedown submission, and a Katana for close range, as well as Benda to durability negate and Poison Hand if Benda isn't enough.

Incon, and I mean that in every usage of the word. Both have things that'll take the other down if given the chance and both have equal chances of screwing each other over. Slightly, and I mean very slightly leaning towards Okubo for having some experience in dealing with weapons but he hasn't dealt with poison hand or Banda before. If Banda hits he'll avoid getting hit but if poison hit lands I doubt he'll have that luxury.

Red-Eyed Specter said:
Incon, and I mean that in every usage of the word. Both have things that'll take the other down if given the chance and both have equal chances of screwing each other over. Slightly, and I mean very slightly leaning towards Okubo for having some experience in dealing with weapons but he hasn't dealt with poison hand or Banda before. If Banda hits he'll avoid getting hit but if poison hit lands I doubt he'll have that luxury.
Unfortunately, they can't both move forward in the bracket. If you're slightly leaning toward Okubo, we can just have him move on and have super damaged, like scratches from his weapons and poisoned or something

Iirc Yanagi doesn't start off with that, and he also talks about it to the opponent which would give Okubo more reason to finish the fight right there, and with his AP he'd one shot. I suppose you can count me for Okubo but he's likely to get injured.

Back