• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kenganverse Downgrade

Yeah, this downgrade makes little sense even to someone who knows Jack shit about math and the verse.

And can we please keep it civil? I don't give a single damn who started it.

Been awhile since I've dropped one of these, anyways please use this to hopefully calm down

Also for reference he's referring to characters with thin skin such as Cosmo getting scratches from ground grappling. Cosmo has thin skin, Okubo and other comparable characters have skin that's conditioned. Hell literally characters like Ohma and Niko have snapped knives against their skin.

Yeah and literal none of what you said is how we do things around here. I'd hate to inform you that you have been misinformed about our lifting strength standards. Quite frankly your personal opinion on how we scale lifting strength is irrelevant as this is the accepted principle.

This still does not negate the fact that, according to these calculations, Ohma shifts tens of millions of tons of matter, which is an absurd outburst in a verse where the machine stops and the compression of titanium is something anamal.

Not sure what you even mean by this, so I'm just gonna ignore it until you make more comprehensive sense.

You say that in this calculation the distance between the mountain and the dust does not matter, but I answer you that the value is important, because the size of the dust is directly scaled from the size of the mountain.

I didn't refute myself at all, you should learn the proper definitions of words before applying them in such a manner.

You attributed words to me that I didn't say in order to put them in doubt. Who else here has to learn the meaning of words?

Nobody is arguing the dust fell onto the mountain, what the actual **** are you even talking about?

Why are you reacting when I literally said it doesn't matter?

No there isn't and I've already proven so via scans.

No, you still haven't provided any real evidence. All your evidence boils down to antics and misinterpretation of other people's words.

Nobody assumes the dust traveled up to all 603 meters. The dust got kicked up a few hundred feet. How's about you drop your everso obvious strawman fallacies? At this point your tyring to argue against things that nobody is even discussing.

You're using my words wrong again. I said in plain text that the size of the dust is scaled from the size of the mountain, which has a height of 603 meters. You stubbornly see what you want to see.

I've already proven the size of those tree's, they're indeed colossal as they're comparable to a portion of the mountain. You saying "that is not the case." isn't a real argument. You provided zero citation and just act as if whatever you say is set in stone, this isn't how debating works.

You just showed a frame where we see the trees from a closer distance. The base of the mountain is also covered with forest, preventing you from seeing its full size.

The person above has already given you arguments why the trees are not as big as you think, but you just turned a blind eye to common sense

Thanks for the elementary school physics course, none of what you said is applicable to the case here. Your assuming this a dust that's derivative from soil, whenever that isn't the case. The dust here comes from wood debris. I'm not even gonna spend time on this comparison, it's the equivalent of comparing apples to oranges. The two circumstances are different from one another.

You know elementary school physics, but you're not even able to apply it, lmao. I repeat - are you seriously trying to tell me that 1 cubic meter of dust cloud weighs 2 tons?
You can find the density of the dust cloud and put it into the calculation. But I hasten to surprise you - dust, like flour, like sand can both float in the air and be a solid substance. The article indicates the density of dust as a solid substance.
If the dust cloud really had such a density, it would immediately fall to the ground, but the dust hovers.

Yeah, this downgrade makes little sense even to someone who knows Jack shit about math and the verse.

And can we please keep it civil? I don't give a single damn who started it.

Been awhile since I've dropped one of these, anyways please use this to hopefully calm down

Can't even see that in my country lmao

This still does not negate the fact that, according to these calculations, Ohma shifts tens of millions of tons of matter, which is an absurd outburst in a verse where the machine stops and the compression of titanium is something anamal.
Doesn't matter it's consistent with the other feats. And what? None of this is true, Takeshi as a child was crushing titanium by accident. If this is referring to the f1 car feat that was done super casually by Julius.
You say that in this calculation the distance between the mountain and the dust does not matter, but I answer you that the value is important, because the size of the dust is directly scaled from the size of the mountain.
I never said it doesn't matter now your just putting words in my mouth.
You attributed words to me that I didn't say in order to put them in doubt. Who else here has to learn the meaning of words?
You literally said I refuted myself, nothing I said contradicts nor debunks what I posted previously.
Why are you reacting when I literally said it doesn't matter?
Why are you brining up irrelevant points that "don't matter"? You brought up an irrelevant point simply for the sake of having an addition in your reply.
No, you still haven't provided any real evidence. All your evidence boils down to antics and misinterpretation of other people's words.
I posted literal scans and scaling, if you wanna be dismissive of evidence presented to you out of sheer ignorance that's on you. Nobody is agreeing with your CRT for a reason.
You're using my words wrong again. I said in plain text that the size of the dust is scaled from the size of the mountain, which has a height of 603 meters. You stubbornly see what you want to see.
Ironic coming from the man who's literally ignoring scans from the manga. The dust again, did not travel 603 meters. We're scaling to dust to a very small portion of the mountain. Not all 603 meters as you yet again, are heavily pushing.
You just showed a frame where we see the trees from a closer distance. The base of the mountain is also covered with forest, preventing you from seeing its full size.
It doesn't matter we're given a literal map of the island and we're given a location of where they are on said island. Said location is relatively close to the mountain, not sure what your failing to understand here whenever everyone else can grasp it.
The person above has already given you arguments why the trees are not as big as you think, but you just turned a blind eye to common sense.
I replied to him and he hasn't responded, so yeah nice try. The only one here turning a blind eye is the user who just so happens to be ignoring scans from the literal manga.
You know elementary school physics, but you're not even able to apply it, lmao. I repeat - are you seriously trying to tell me that 1 cubic meter of dust cloud weighs 2 tons?
I never said it does? Quote me saying that, oh wait thats right you literally made that out in an desperate attempt to strawman.
You can find the density of the dust cloud and put it into the calculation. But I hasten to surprise you - dust, like flour, like sand can both float in the air and be a solid substance.
Sand doesn't float in the air, as that depends on how corase the sand in question is, first of all, and flour can due that due to its composition and it's light weight. You wanna really sit here and act as if you're a physics major whenever you don't even know the reason as to why they react in such a fashion? Take a sit.
The article indicates the density of dust as a solid substance.
If the dust cloud really had such a density, it would immediately fall to the ground, but the dust hovers.
What even? Do you even know what quary dust waste even is? Dust IS a solid. And the article is for quarry dust waste, that tells me you didn't even read it.

Being incredibly smug and condescending along with several unfounded accusations literal hours after they got a warning.
Where did you see the condescension, lmao?
And of course you will ignore it from the side of Lordy, because that's how it works.

I never said it does? Quote me saying that, oh wait thats right you literally made that out in an desperate attempt to strawman.

Oh, even so? In this case, now you need to redo the entire calculation, because it is based on the dust density of 1915 kg.

I will even quote the calculation:

""1915 kg / m3

1915 * 31441125.4 = 60209755141 kg = Mass

60209755141 kg"

However, if the dust cloud does not have such a density, then it also has a much lower mass.

I just don't agree with the 7-C calculation based on using a mountain at a distance of hundreds of meters and using a perfect cylinder for the volume

That comes from something that he provided citation for.
Because of this, half of the discussion is being conducted. He refers to the dust density from the article. But the density of the dust in the article and the density of the dust cloud are different things. This is the same glass with flour and flour in the air that I gave as an example.
The calculation implies that the dust cloud has a density of 2 tons per cubic meter.
But as a person who often has a huge amount of dust blowing on the street in the summer (not a cloud, but a real wall ten meters high), I can say for sure that the dust in the air does not weigh a ton.

Because of this, half of the discussion is being conducted. He refers to the dust density from the article. But the density of the dust in the article and the density of the dust cloud are different things. This is the same glass with flour and flour in the air that I gave as an example.
I disagree, and I've already spoken why. It's clear to me that we aren't seeing eye to eye here, and the vast majority heavily disagree with this downgrade including two staff members, one of whom is a very talented calc group member.
The calculation implies that the dust cloud has a density of 2 tons per cubic meter.
But as a person who often has a huge amount of dust blowing on the street in the summer (not a cloud, but a real wall ten meters high), I can say for sure that the dust in the air does not weigh a ton.
This is also fiction and not real life. I also very seriously doubt you have a cloud of dust lingering around you the size of what Ohma did. But I digress, we cleary don't agree with one another so as far as I'm concerned this debate between me and you is done.

Literally, in the message above, you said that you do not think that 1 cubic meter of dust cloud weighs 2 tons.

Oh, even so? In this case, now you need to redo the entire calculation, because it is based on the dust density of 1915 kg.

I will even quote the calculation:

""1915 kg / m3

1915 * 31441125.4 = 60209755141 kg = Mass

60209755141 kg"

However, if the dust cloud does not have such a density, then it also has a much lower mass.

Here's my stance right now:

I disagree with using the dust method (shockwave method is best), but I do agree with scaling from the mountain.

Anyway I'm talking to someone in private about this and we've reached the conclusion that we're gonna use a different method other than using the KE of the dust.

I'll go ahead and remove Ohma's Demonsbane from his profile and leave it at unknown till the new calc rolls up.

This can be closed for now I guess.

Here's my stance right now:

I disagree with using the dust method (shockwave method is best), but I do agree with scaling from the mountain.
In this case, it is worth correcting the calculation and using a different density. Perhaps air density will work, or you can count the number of dust particles per cubic centimeter, scale to the volume of a column of dust, and multiply by the weight of the dust particle.

Two tons simply cannot float in the air and be developed by the wind.

About the shock wave formula. As I understand it, Gin disagrees with the very fact of the explosion.

I went back on it and it caused a shockwave, it's not a real explosion but we still use the same formula for shockwaves.

Who scales to this anyways? Have all the updates been applied? I see some people at 8-B/Low L-C and others who are comparable at like 8-C

Who scales to this anyways? Have all the updates been applied? I see some people at 8-B/Low L-C and others who are comparable at like 8-C
Literally nobody aside from maybe Ohma's Niko and perhaps Tiger Niko who don't have profiles and currently scales to nobody. It even completely destroyed Kuroki's arm whenever Kanoh's strongest attack could only damage Kuroki's fingers.

There are plenty of High end tier 8 feats in the verse and the tier 7 feat they scale to is basically baseline Low 7-C so they're barely reaching into tier 7.

Yea, I just saw that the god tiers scale to the stadium shaking. That aside though, are all the profiles updated or are some of them still being worked on? I see some that don't seem to be updated, but idk if they need time to be corrected or a small revision thread. I know this isn't exactly on topic but I dunno where else to ask

Yea, I just saw that the god tiers scale to the stadium shaking. That aside though, are all the profiles updated or are some of them still being worked on? I see some that don't seem to be updated, but idk if they need time to be corrected or a small revision thread. I know this isn't exactly on topic but I dunno where else to ask
Yeah I need to update the low tiers and mid tiers, this CRT has held me up aside from the profiles getting altered by the OP since they thought the scaling came from Demonsbane which nobody scales to.

Back