• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Keiji Mogami small ability addition CRT

So far, Mogami's profile is good, but it's missing one of his key abilities

Evil spirit control

Mogamispirits
Mogami has absorbed plenty of evil spirits during his lifetime, these spirits were manipulated and used as both actors, by turning into people mob knew for his mental world, and as fighters, overwhelming 100% Mob with sheer numbers, and only stopped swarming him after being exorcised along with the entire mental world

DeadlyEvilAdder-size restricted
It should also be noted that once mogami's vessel was destroyed, instead of vanishing it caused even more evil spirits to escape, these seemingly stronger as they were able to instantly defeat and overwhelm 100%Mob

The spirit's powers

They should have the basic evil spirit powers, such as possession, high regen, immortality(types 1,3),self-sustenance( types 1,2,3), non-corporeal,invisibility and possession.

They should also have Fusionism , large size type 1(when alone) and type 2 (when combined),size manipulation and shapeshifting ,Energy Projection, and soul absorption(ate shigeo's spiritual self, and assimilated minegiri's soul into them). and empathic manipulation(mob was nearly swallowed by their despair and negativeness after being devoured by their fused form,only resisting it because minegiri cried for help /Season 2 ep 5 14:50 to 15:20).

Other powers

Finally, Mogami himself should also have power Nullification (his mind control caused mob to lose all of his powers,including the psychic shield, which is a passive effect caused by merely having psychic energy/being an esper)

I wouldn't consider making someone forget they have powers as power nullification; Mob still had his powers but wasn't aware of it or how to use them while in Mogami's mental world. Mogami's whole point was to make Mob use his powers to dominate and oppress normies, and almost succeeds at this.

The rest seem fine but don't really need to be linked on his profile given that he already has those abilities themselves. Except soul absorption, they sort of just damaged/disintegrated Mob's spiritual self before it yeeted them in ???% mode.

ESP still gives you a passive shield even if you have no idea how to manipulate it. (like Reigen,who had no idea how to use psychic power got a huge boost just from having it on his body),also, despite suffering from heavy stress during half a year his % counter did not go up even once.

The power null page says that it's basically nullifying powers and abilities by getting rid of their effect, regardless of method used. The way he explains he made mob no longer able to use his powers seems like a textbook example of "skeedadle skadoodle, your powers are now a noodle". Even if it can't be called power null directly it should probably be stated his memory manip can be used to create a scenario were a character is powerless.

Dargoo Faust said:
The rest seem fine but don't really need to be linked on his profile given that he already has those abilities themselves. Except soul absorption, they sort of just damaged/disintegrated Mob's spiritual self before it yeeted them in ???% mode.
the soul absorption part is mostly because of that anime only part where mob gets swallowed by the spirit amalgamation, feels their despair and then meets minegishi, who's also assimilated to them and asks for help.

Wich one do you prefer:

1.the spirits get a key for themselves

2.I just add Spirit manipulation to Mogami's profile and cite their powers

Epiccheev said:
despite suffering from heavy stress during half a year his % counter did not go up even once.
Hm, that makes sense, then. Although for purposes of interactions with characters from other mediums this likely wouldn't apply to anything that isn't based on a mental trigger.

This doesn't happen at all in the manga, though, which is what we base the profiles off of.

We mostly just use the anime for stuff like speed (since a timeframe is often needed) or if the feat was unclear in the manga due to the art, whereas this is just something completely new.

Empathic manipulation will also get yeeted out then.

Can i apply the changes, or do i have to wait for another staff to comment? (since this verse doesn`t have that many active supporters)

If you could get one additional supporter (doesn't have to be staff) to weigh in on this, I think you'd be good to add this yourself, seeing how (relatively) small the additions are.

I agree with this one.

Power null doesn't need to actually erase someone's power, but make them not useful/not use them at all on opponent. I'll describe it as "Limited Power Nullification" or something. It's better to describe how it works on his profile, since Mog is filled with hax.

The evil spirits are a HUGE boost for Mogami and basically a part of his arsenal so they need to be added too with no doubt, just like Kurome got her puppets added on the profile.

Done with the changes.

and OOF i jsut re-read the manga fight and the spirits do have empathic manip it just happens differently, same thing with the girl calling for help inside them . Also the spirits and mogami should have flight(1 ,2 )

this also happens, but i dunno if it just justifies their regen or it's some minor resistance to exorcism.

The scenes where his soul is destroyed is also quite different to the anime and imo more impressive.(1 2)

Back