• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Katsuki Bakugou vs Gaara of the Sand ( My Hero Vs Naruto)

Shadowbokunohero

VS Battles
Content Moderator
  • both are 8-B
  • Speed equalized
and in character

Battle takes place in the Chunin exams arena OVO

Gaara: 9 (Lorenzo, Ricsi, Wrath of Itachi,Burning,Xan,Dariel,Heil,Shrek,Rocker)

Bakugou: 7( Apies, Jinx, Hst Master, Joseph,Knight,Yomi,therfir)

I'm gonna give this to Bakugou. Gaara is good, but that just hinders him in the end. The harder Bakugou has to work for the win, the more he's sweating and exerting himself, the harder his attack hit. A long, drawn out fight favors Bakugou and is disadvantagous for Gaara.

Bakugo for reasons above, also the fact he's extremely smart, tactical and less mobile, while Gaara relies too heavily on his mother to block attacks ~~Though I doubt they could block entire explosions~~

Also the fact Bakugo has shown being able to fight off forceful straight front and instant attacks like Todoroki's ice wall. So Gaara unleashing all of his sand wouldn't be anything surprising, as well as Bakugo being able to blind

gotta be honest. if he sweats too much, he will use his quirk much mire than usual, which WILL tire him out, while gaara gonna be there, spamming sand coffins (nigh) infinitely. ps, can bakugou break through his sand?

Gaara's gonna be overly cocky, and just let his sand do all the fighting Bakugo's explosions could help keep Gaara's sand off him and allow him to traverse way better

I go for Bakugo

gaara was never overly cocky tho. like, he has a huge ass trust in his abilities (which have never failed him, so I can see why), but that's about it. once he sees that bakugou is a threat, he is going for the kill (imagine the rock lee fight. he was kinda cocky-ish cuz he thought that lee was shit, but once he started to get 'hit', his style totally changed). if baku gets close, he dies, and since he doenst have too much range, he will have to get close anyways. gaara wont tire out, for one; he wont be outsmarted either, nor get overpowered by any means. I assume that only physical speed is equalized? cuz if so, bakugou can get close by using his explosion thrusters, but then again, gaara can use his sand to fly, so problem solved.

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
ok, then even his sand is slower? is that what ur saying? (what about reaction time?)
no, they are completly equal in everything, his sand is as fast as the explosions and they can react at the same speeds

I see. that's more of an advantage to gaara than it is to baku. he only fire explosions from his body, so its a one way dodging position (his shots can only be fired from one direction, so gaara will only have to dodge from one direction), while gaara's sand can occupy the whole battle field (above, bellow, front, back, all sides possible, etc).

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
exactly. if u limit his sand to only his gourd, then he wont be op as ****.
i mean , he could make a litiral sandstorm only with a few kilos of sand as shown against kimimaru

Bakugo is extremely mobile in the air. He's manuvered himself around opponents, midair, with ease in mulitple fights. Plus Gaara's sand armor has always been shown to be a real hinderance more often then not. It depleets his chakra really fast.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Bakugo is extremely mobile in the air. He's manuvered himself around opponents, midair, with ease in mulitple fights. Plus Gaara's sand armor has always been shown to be a real hinderance
only recreating it needs chakra, not mantaining it. and bakogou is nowhere nera as versatile as his sand

Garras sand armour was able to survive hits from lee in his six gate form, and after he crushed lees bones with his sand burial attack. Since garras sand armour protected him from the brute force of lees hits, pluse he was able to get up right after and kill lee if guy did not step in, i dont think he will really need to worry much about maintaning his chakra because this fight won't last too long.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Bakugo is extremely mobile in the air. He's manuvered himself around opponents, midair, with ease in mulitple fights. Plus Gaara's sand armor has always been shown to be a real hinderance
only recreating it needs chakra, not mantaining it. and bakogou is nowhere nera as versatile as his sand
Narutopedia would beg to disagree.

gaara. I still have to give reasons right? well, he is smarter, can tank any and all of bakugou's attack, while any of gaara's attack have the probability of one shotting. he cant cover the whole battle, makes clones of himself, and has much more range, along with flight.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
I'm gonna give this to Bakugou. Gaara is good, but that just hinders him in the end. The harder Bakugou has to work for the win, the more he's sweating and exerting himself, the harder his attack hit. A long, drawn out fight favors Bakugou and is disadvantagous for Gaara.
one of the only actual arguments was this, and it was answered with the fact that gaaras armor can take most of bakogous attacks and he would be hard pressed to get a hit in

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
gaara. I still have to give reasons right? well, he is smarter, can tank any and all of bakugou's attack, while any of gaara's attack have the probability of one shotting. he cant cover the whole battle, makes clones of himself, and has much more range, along with flight.
he doesent really clone, but everything else stands

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Bakugou could pull a Tokoyami and just explode all over Gaara until his chakra runs out.
his sand cocoon doesent need his chakra, only his direct armor

@ricsi he does. during his fight against lee he uses it. @apiesdeath bakugou will run out much faster than gaara. its almost not even comparable.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
That all being said, now i'm thinking about Gaara's gourd sand. What's the dura on that?
Multi-City Block level to Town level via blocking lees attacks albeit barely (being dispereced by the attacks, but still stopping them) and for a small amount of time

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
@ricsi he does. during his fight against lee he uses it. @apiesdeath bakugou will run out much faster than gaara. its almost not even comparable.
forgot bout that

Back