• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Katsuki Bakugo (Dynamight) VS Shadow the Hedgehog (IDW) (GRACE)

Bakugo's AP: 5.8 Kilotons of TNT and with Howitzer Impact: 66.57 Kilotons of TNT

Shadow's AP: 12.7 Kilotons of TNT

Bakugo's gonna take this.

He outmatches Shadow in terms of skill and technique, and can probably nearly one-shot him with his Howitzer Impact.

Bakugo, a school student, is more skilled than the Ultimate life form that has military training

Gemerl's existence in the comic means that Battle, and thus Emerl happened, and Shadow scales to Sonic. How the hell is Bakugo more skilled?

Gemerl's existence in the comic means that Battle, and thus Emerl happened, and Shadow scales to Sonic. How the hell is Bakugo more skilled?
But we don't really have any specifications on how Sonic Battle (if it even took place) happened in the comic. That's the problem. Just because certain things and events are canonical to IDW, doesn't mean that everything is. At some point, Emerl might have existed, but whether he has the same history and abilities from the video games, is unknown. Again, IDW Sonic is just heavily inspired by the video game continuity. There is no confirmation detailing whether or not events from the video games have happened 1:1 in IDW's continuity.

Anyways I don't see how Shadow loses this? Shadow is more agile, nimbler, can teleport, has ranged attacks, can stop time is more experienced and etc. He only loses if you argue technicalities...
But we don't really have any specifications on how Sonic Battle (if it even took place) happened in the comic. That's the problem. Just because certain things and events are canonical to IDW, doesn't mean that everything is. At some point, Emerl might have existed, but whether he has the same history and abilities from the video games, is unknown. Again, IDW Sonic is just heavily inspired by the video game continuity. There is no confirmation detailing whether or not events from the video games have happened 1:1 in IDW's continuity.
Oh there it is. Dude, don't go with "actually we don't know what happened exactly so we can't use anything" here. For Gemerl to exist Ultimate Emerl had to have happened and in turn he knowing everyone's moves. But fine, even going vague Shadow simply has fought far more people than Bakugo has. He has fought against Sonic, GUN mechs and the Biolizard (SA2 happened), he fought against Team Sonic and Team Chaotix, as well as Metal Madness (Heroes happened and Metal having everyone's data was explicitly confirmed), he fought the Black Arms, GUN and Eggman robots (Shadow's game happened), he fought against Eggman Nega (Rivals happened, if not he fought against Mephiles and 06 happened), he fought against Infinite and the Eggman Empire (Forces explicitly happened). Even only this is more than what Bakugo dealt with, plus he is simply more haxed to boot

bakugo could probably just aoe range spam shadow but the latter character can just keep teleporting away from them, even from his howitzer and eventually bakugo will get tired, meanwhile shadow literally has limitless stamina and can keep going endlessly

shadow just......outlasts

Also Sonic and Co fought and beat the Deadly Six who have hundreds of years of experience. Plus the fact that Shadow can just... Stop time. Bakugo will be completely defenceless.

Oh yeah, Shadow has the lifting strengh advantage too. He can just hold him in place.

I don’t see Bakugou surviving a Time Stop. Shadow would be free to plunge a Chaos Spear in him

Has shadow ever used Time Stop in IDW? It’s only implied he can use it because of Sonic Forces

We did this exact fight with the 8-A versions of these characters and Shadow stomped due to teleporting and one-shotting Bakugo (I believe the AP advantage was more x7.5 too).

While the 7-C versions are much closer in AP what stops the teleport with the AP advantage this time?

Also I like how it's "Base" Shadow even tho he hasn't gone super the IDW continuity and Sega retroactively prevented him from removing his limiter rings in the Zombot saga (so that's not a thing either) but I digress on that subject.

Also I'm starting to see an explosive pattern with these particular Vs threads.

A spin dash alone would probably gore Bakugo through piercing damage
If Shadow goes for a spin dash, then Bakugo would likely use a Howitzer Impact
We did this exact fight with the 8-A versions of these characters and Shadow stomped due to teleporting and one-shotting Bakugo (I believe the AP advantage was more x7.5 too).

While the 7-C versions are much closer in AP what stops the teleport with the AP advantage this time?
Link the thread if you can also if the advantage was more than 7.5 then obviously Bakugo is going to stand no chance. The gap now should be by times 2.1

Has shadow ever used Time Stop in IDW? It’s only implied he can use it because of Sonic Forces
Given the file, no he has never used it.

People also seem to forget the howitzer impact is a two kilometer wide explosion over 5x shadow’s durability. And Cluster, an attack which we saw him use in the War against High Ends, (which we’ve seen to include a lot of explosions, I don’t know if I’m just reading wrong, but cluster seems to include the explosions he throws out during his Rush down of the high ends) are OVER the ap of Howitzer impact. I.E Cluster>>PLW Howitzer>EA Howizter=66.57 Kilotons. Cluster by itself is likely to just one tap Shadow. And yeah a spin dash likely could gore him, and it has happened before? Not in the, furry buzz saw of death comes right at you way, but we saw in the Serpenters fight that their quirk tore through him and his response was to keep fighting harder.

Stun Grenade could blind shadow for a flurry of explosions. His gauntlets store up his sweat for explosions that are confirmed to be many times stronger then his normal ones (I.E Base Deku in UA Beginnings could take Bakugou’s normal explosions, but the gauntlets explosions are out right stated to be able to one tap him if he gets nicked by it). He has his own pocket grenades which he can use for set ups, auto cannon or auto machine gun, explosions that while slightly weaker to his normal ones, are still going to be chewing through Shadow’s stamina and durability.

Bakugou isn’t as experienced sure, but shadow’s style of either hit and run with the spin dash, or throwing chaos spears isn’t new to him. In fact stuff like that is quite common in the MHA world, hell he literally trained under The number two hero who used danmaku styled attacks with spears, and has shown to be able to tag people who can avoid these danmaku. While I haven’t read the IDW comics, I don’t think someone who fights by jetting themselves with explosions the can negate durability on each hit is as common as fighters like Sonic or shadow. Also, his damage boosts. Over time he’s simply going to get stronger as he sweats more, which means that if he uses the Howizter or Cluster in this state it’s going to be Boosted Cluster>Cluster>>Boosted PLW Howitzer>PLW Howizter>>EA Howizter=66.57 Kilotons.

I won’t say that shadow can’t win. He likely could, his teleportation and better AP mean he’s going to kick down Bakugou faster and can get around Bakugou’s superior aerial maneuverability against his hover boots. He has much more experience than Bakugou and likely much more skill that can lead him to victory. I personally just see the 66.57 Kiloton and over Nuke’s being more viable a win con then a much more drawn out fight.

for the ap part, bakugo actively gets stronger as the battle progresses, him blasting kilometer wide explosions to range spam shadow only makes him far stronger (probably enough to close the gap), and he literally has a 66 kiloton attack, that borderline like one-shots shadow

for teleportation idk, i don't think he's ever used it in IDW before but its still a good option

h0HbVRtqurDae_2bq0Ssnhs3epoNir20yZUwmFxStCPk9AmjqxOv_ETDbg8qhGqcauTpq6eH8XQtMMMti6aZqW6RRqPQtsnJ2VUOyh672rgb3O1rCBdbFOzZuf3GqWXEDMf8AKJ7zAM=s1600

9vuvgVI2VXtN5piPLOiwan1HT9FeE7VMLqUZ1ZAX8md5G_FtVHXBynwn1osAJqW34pgoS1wrrRMH7uP0k0v8j6ssHqsC8sDbDDf0eOKxJKRu7STCXV_Z9QDnc1eqVSk_qiR0InZ0eVE=s1600

Shadow can literally just teleport out of the range of the explosions with Chaos Control, which has far more range than just kilometers

Bakugo's explosions is also nothing Shadow hasn't seen, the main argument seems to be "Bakugo wins because lol AP" when Shadow can literally just dodge all his attacks. I like the fact we are arguing Shadow is going to die before stopping time even though Chaos Control is his signature technique. I still don't see how Shadow loses this unless we Just ignore all his abilities for "Lol AP"

Shadow can literally just teleport out of the range of the explosions with Chaos Control, which has far more range than just kilometers
I don't see this type of range on his profile
Bakugo's explosions is also nothing Shadow hasn't seen, the main argument seems to be "Bakugo wins because lol AP" when Shadow can literally just dodge all his attacks.
How is that the main argument when Shadow is the one with the AP advantage? Nobody used that argument. How is Shadow going to dodge all his attacks, is Shadow going to spam teleport every time Bakguo uses explosion? Seems unlikely
I like the fact we are arguing Shadow is going to die before stopping time even though Chaos Control is his signature technique.
If he hasn't used it in the Comics, then I'm not counting it.
I still don't see how Shadow loses this unless we Just ignore all his abilities for "Lol AP"
You're fighting invisible arguments no one has said this

I don't see this type of range on his profile
Aren't you the OP? Why are you arguing in favor of a character? OP's are supposed to be neutral, anyways Shadow doesn't have a range for his teleportation in his page. But in issue 6 Shadow teleports from the fair way montains he fought Sonic in to Windmill Village
How is that the main argument when Shadow is the one with the AP advantage? Nobody used that argument. How is Shadow going to dodge all his attacks, is Shadow going to spam teleport every time Bakguo uses explosion? Seems unlikely
People also seem to forget the howitzer impact is a two kilometer wide explosion over 5x shadow’s durability. And Cluster, an attack which we saw him use in the War against High Ends, (which we’ve seen to include a lot of explosions, I don’t know if I’m just reading wrong, but cluster seems to include the explosions he throws out during his Rush down of the high ends) are OVER the ap of Howitzer impact. I.E Cluster>>PLW Howitzer>EA Howizter=66.57 Kilotons. Cluster by itself is likely to just one tap Shadow.
Literally an argument using AP advantage. And yes, Shadow has more stamina and can easily outlast him, he is not going to tank a explosion unless he is ebing badly written
If he hasn't used it in the Comics, then I'm not counting it.
I don't give a shit about what you are counting since you are the OP and shouldn't even vote, Shadow still stopped time, cope.
You're fighting invisible arguments no one has said this
for the ap part, bakugo actively gets stronger as the battle progresses, him blasting kilometer wide explosions to range spam shadow only makes him far stronger (probably enough to close the gap), and he literally has a 66 kiloton attack, that borderline like one-shots shadow
Also, his damage boosts. Over time he’s simply going to get stronger as he sweats more, which means that if he uses the Howizter or Cluster in this state it’s going to be Boosted Cluster>Cluster>>Boosted PLW Howitzer>PLW Howizter>>EA Howizter=66.57 Kilotons.
I personally just see the 66.57 Kiloton and over Nuke’s being more viable a win con then a much more drawn out fight.
Yeah, I am being crazy here

Aren't you the OP? Why are you arguing in favor of a character? OP's are supposed to be neutral, anyways Shadow doesn't have a range for his teleportation in his page. But in issue 6 Shadow teleports from the fair way montains he fought Sonic in to Windmill Village

Literally an argument using AP advantage. And yes, Shadow has more stamina and can easily outlast him, he is not going to tank a explosion unless he is ebing badly written

I don't give a shit about what you are counting since you are the OP and shouldn't even vote, Shadow still stopped time, cope
Look mate, you gotta chill out. And yes, the Op is allowed to argue in favor of a character, just because they create a thread doesn’t mean they can’t argue. It’s literally a discussion and/or a debate, we all got opinions on it.
And no, you can’t just tell the OP to “cope”, because your upset that they aren’t using an ability not clearly shown, that’s an unknown variable, and not something we can reliably say will let him win.

If Bakugo uses Howitzer Impact than with that one attack he has 5 times the ap advantage so it could be deadly for Shadow if he just takes it, but if the fight goes 1V1 and Bakugo feels overpowered than he may spam „Stun Gernade“ like he did in his fight against Allmight so I am leaning towards Bakugo.

I am neutral, I don't care who wins or loses I just wanted to make Bakugo matches if I see a point I don't agree with obviously I am going to try and counter it also if it's not on the profile I'm not using that
How is that an argument over an AP advantage? That would be one of Shadow's wins cons out last Bakugo due to infinite stamina before he can use Howitzer
I don't give a shit about what you are counting since you are the OP and shouldn't even vote, Shadow still stopped time, cope.
If you don't give a "shit" then you shouldn't bother replying and the OP are allowed to vote, there are no rules against that. How old are you to still be using "cope" grow up bro
Yeah, I am being crazy here
None of what you posted is pure AP arguments, so yea you are being crazy

Just because Shadow didn't use time stop in the comic doesn't mean he won't ever use it in a fight to the death. We know that Shadow has used it before in similar circumstances. he just didn't use it in the comic because he never needed to/bad writting. Bakugo's arguments rely on ignoring everything Shadow can do and for him to just stand there and take a explosion to the face

Just because Shadow didn't use time stop in the comic doesn't mean he won't ever use it in a fight to the death. We know that Shadow has used it before in similar circumstances. he just didn't use it in the comic because he never needed to/bad writting. Bakugo's arguments rely on ignoring everything Shadow can do and for him to just stand there and take a explosion to the face
I didn’t ignore what Shadow can do. In fact I explicitly said he had his own advantages in this fight that he will absolutely use.
And again we haven’t seen the time stop. Thus we don’t know if he can do it. They take inspiration sure, but as everyone else has said not everything is 1:1, I’m sure that in the Zombot Saga shadow would have loved a time stop to not get infected. I haven’t read IDW, but given the profile was made by people who will always know more than me, I’m not just going to assume he can.

Heavily Implied doesn’t equal Confirmed

I didn’t ignore what Shadow can do. In fact I explicitly said he had his own advantages in this fight that he will absolutely use.
And again we haven’t seen the time stop. Thus we don’t know if he can do it. They take inspiration sure, but as everyone else has said not everything is 1:1, I’m sure that in the Zombot Saga shadow would have loved a time stop to not get infected. I haven’t read IDW, but given the profile was made by people who will always know more than me, I’m not just going to assume he can.
That was just bad writting in general because of editorial guidelines and Flynn writting himself into a corner. Shadow literally became a zombot because Ian wanted to write him off because he was too OP. I have read IDW and I know the people who made the page, Shadow can use Chaos Control which time stop is a application of it, you cannot know Chaos Control but not know time stop. Plus Flynn implied in his Bumblekast Shadow can use time stop anyways. Removing the ability just so Bakugo can win is dumb.

That was just bad writting in general because of editorial guidelines and Flynn writting himself into a corner. Shadow literally became a zombot because Ian wanted to write him off because he was too OP. I have read IDW and I know the people who made the page, Shadow can use Chaos Control which time stop is a application of it, you cannot know Chaos Control but not know time stop. Plus Flynn implied in his Bumblekast Shadow can use time stop anyways. Removing the ability just so Bakugo can win is dumb.
Removing abilities is against VS rules unless it grants another tier, nobody said that we were going to restrict Time Stop. His Time Stop only has a "likely" rating. If I see a scan of Shadow using Time Stop in IDW then I will lean in favor of Shadow.

Time Stop is listed as a likely ability so OP could restrict it if they wanted, wouldn't change much since Shadow already has the skill, ap, experience, piercing damage that could gore Bakugo and evens out him having an attack 5.5x Shadow's AP, plus teleportation to dodge AOE explosions
Finally, a well constructed argument without the need of petty insults and bias

Back