• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Katsuki Bakugo (Dynamight) Vs. Genos (Demon Cyborg) (7-0-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bakugo is 5.8 Kilotons and 66.5 with Howitzer Impact

Genos is 10.2 Kilotons and higher with Self-Destruction

Bakugo is Mach 10 and higher with Cluster

Genos is Mach 3.5 and is likely higher

I was thinking of making this myself haha, I haven't read MHA in a long time so I'm not really up to date on Bakugo's capabilities in this key but I'll give my 2 cents.

I could be proven wrong on this but I don't think Bakugo's heat resistance is good enough to negate a ton of the damage from incineration cannons, but it should definitely help him if he gets hit.
The same can be said vice-versa, Genos' own heat resistance will likely be of help in lessening the damage from Bakugo's explosions, but he'll most likely still take damage. The AP/Dura gap being in Genos' favor helps him as well though, and so it seems rather clear that while they'll both be able to hang with one another for a while, Genos will do decently more damage with a blast from his incineration cannons than Bakugo will do with an explosion.
Bakugo's explosions do get stronger as the fight goes on, but I'm not sure just how much stronger they get, I don't know if he'll ever fully close the gap. Howitzer Impact more than makes up for it, though.

The speed advantage Bakugo has will assist him in avoiding the incineration cannon though, at the least when it is fired in beam form. If Genos shoots it at the ground and creates a wide-radius explosion like so, and Bakugo is anywhere near him, I don't think it's a guarantee that his speed will get him out of it, although it's not impossible.
Genos does have scanners and the like to help track Bakugo and deal with the speed gap, but despite those he has experienced issues with opponents who are faster than him before, even in later upgrades. (Sonic, Awakened Cockroach, even Mosquito Girl was giving him problems, he only managed to catch her by taking a hit himself.) That said, the gap may be bigger between the aforementioned matchups, than the gap between Genos and Bakugo. Genos certainly goes a decent bit higher than Mach 3.5 with his "likely higher", but just how much higher, I don't know. Probably not enough to be the faster one as things stand.

Genos should probably get the upper hand if Bakugo attempts hand to hand combat, he has a massive LS advantage and while it's not his go-to, he wouldn't be afraid to use it. He straight up ripped the legs off of Mosquito Girl, and he has shown his willingness to use LS-related tactics in later fights like against G4 and Garou, although that is once he has the ability to tie his foes up with rocket fists and wires. Said LS advantage would allow him to escape from grabs, most likely including Ex-Catapult, easily.

I'm not as confident in saying that Genos would blatantly outskill Bakugo, since I'm not up to date on MHA, but I do believe Genos probably has an advantage there. I'm fairly certain he has more experience (Prior to the story he had already been a cyborg for 4 years and had spent most of that time trying to hunt down the mad cyborg, defeating "countless monsters and evil organizations" in the process.) and while he doesn't have a lot going for him in this key for it, his level of skill shouldn't be too much different from his later keys, in which he proves to be an adept fighter by facing the likes of Deep Sea King (who is faster than Genos) as an equal, while having lost an arm, and even later facing off against such skilled opponents as Speed O' Sound Sonic and Garou, both of whom are master martial artists with the latter being a prodigy who has taken up knowledge from multiple schools of martial arts and can learn techniques on a dime after seeing them and has instinctive reactions and analytical prediction, etc, I'm sure you probably know who Garou is. He also defeated the advanced battle-oriented AI "Machine God" G4 by exposing multiple weaknesses it had (Finding a point to attack the outer armor from the inside, and blocking the lasers focus with steam which he caused via some quick improvisation using his surroundings)
Although because they do come from later keys I'd say you have every right to take those skill points with a grain of salt if you so choose.

Stun Grenade should at least be somewhat effective, even if Genos' sensors pick up on Bakugo while he is blinded, Genos has never been shown fighting with totally impaired vision to my knowledge, even for a brief moment. The natural shock of temporarily losing vision combined with Bakugo's greater speed will most likely allow for Bakugo to capitalize on whatever opening he creates with that move. Genos' Search Eye allows him to continue tracking opponents even when blinded by a smoke screen, but I don't honestly think it would remain focused after a move like Stun Grenade, it's a little more severe than just having your vision blocked by smoke.
While I'm not entirely familiar with it, it seems like Cluster should make the speed advantage even greater for Bakugo when he uses it, he might be able to safely avoid Genos' widespread explosions that I referenced earlier with this. But can he use it freely? If its use is condensing his most powerful blasts in a rapid series, I'd think that should strain him quickly, right? But again I haven't seen it in action, he may be better at dealing with that stuff now.

How soon will Bakugo go for Howitzer Impact? With the AP value on that, if it hits Genos, while he won't be one-shot, he'll probably be put in critical condition. I more or less feel like Howitzer Impact secures a win here. Although if Genos finds himself in critical condition with no way out, he's gonna try to self destruct, so if he's successful maybe it'd be incon? Maybe Bakugo could avoid it, though, idk.

TLDR: They probably start out the fight relatively equal, Genos will do more damage but Bakugo will make up for it with his speed allowing him to be hit less often. Still the damage will probably add up eventually leading Bakugo to use Howitzer Impact which will most likely put Genos in a position where his only option is to self-destruct.
So I am leaning towards a Bakugo win but I'm not gonna vote just yet. I'd like to see what others have to say first, but that's my take.

Before I cast my vote I'd like to throw out the hypothetical, what happens if Genos attempts self-destruction? That is what I imagine happening once he is hit with Cluster or Howitzer Impact, which will do immense damage but isn't quite enough to kill him.

Mosquito Girl wiped the floor with Genos after her transformation, but Genos was confident that his self-destruction would kill her.
Seeing as Genos is generally the stronger one here, outside of Bakugo's strongest moves, it should probably kill Bakugo too, assuming he is caught in it.
Would Bakugo be able to avoid it? I don't doubt that it's possible, but I'd like to see what people have to say on the matter.
For what it's worth, Genos in the Monster Association arc says that his self-destruction has a radius of 5 Kilometers. One could potentially argue that it would be smaller at this point in time for him, though.

I believe I'm also going to vote for Bakugo due to his Cluster and Howitzer Impact, as well as the fact that speed is unequalized and Bakugo is significantly faster than Genos, which is more than enough for Bakugo to take the victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back