• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bakugo (MHA) vs Genos (OPM)

TheRustyOne

VS Battles
Calculation Group
MHA has Low 7-B characters now, how could I resist?

Final Act Saga Bakugo vs Post-G4 Genos

Bakugo: 1.66 Megatons, higher with Howitzer and Cluster.

Genos: 1.49 Megatons, higher with Self-Destruction.

Speed is Equalized.

Starting distance is 10 meters.

Who wins?

Dynamight: SuperStar, XSOULOFCINDERX, Popted2, MARVEL Future Fight Gamer, TauanVictor (5)

Demon Cyborg: Tago238, (1)

SQ4zGc8.png

Last edited:
Doesn't Bakugo upscale from Mirko in that key?
Mirko is 7-A+, Bakugo is Low 7-B. No he doesn't scale to her.

Anything from the current arc is not being added to the profiles yet. We're waiting for the current arc to cool down before changing anything.

They would already be High 6-C if we weren't waiting.

Yeah I was just confused why that wasn't implemented on the profiles is all.

Anyway, while Bakugou holds a small AP advantage and probably boasts better mobility, Genos has vastly superior physicals, LS, skill and versatility. Up close Bakugou gets combo'd and in a ranged battle I think Genos would also take it on account of his incineration canons having superior range to Bakugou's AP shots (not that it'd be in character for either to resort to just shooting from afar anyway). Genos even has an immediate wincon in the form of his adhesive spray.

Yeah I was just confused why that wasn't implemented on the profiles is all.

Anyway, while Bakugou holds a small AP advantage and probably boasts better mobility, Genos has vastly superior physicals, LS, skill and versatility. Up close Bakugou gets combo'd and in a ranged battle I think Genos would also take it on account of his incineration canons having superior range to Bakugou's AP shots (not that it'd be in character for either to resort to just shooting from afar anyway). Genos even has an immediate wincon in the form of his adhesive spray.
Bakugo doesn't fight hand to hand, his physical strength is irrelevant. Up close just gets Genos hit by explosions that are stronger than 1.66 Megatons. Lifting strength is also worthless, restraining him just ends up with Genos getting hit by another explosion.

Bakugo won't get caught in his adhesive, he isn't stupid, and mostly flies around the battlefield regardless. He doesn't attack physically, so he wont be punching him from behind. Bakugo can also just use an explosion to destroy his adhesive with ease.

Bakugo is far more mobile than Genos, easily being able to avoid his cannons or counter them with his AP Shot. Which are stronger than Genos' cannons.

He can also spam his Cluster Shots which is stronger than his Howitzer, which is stronger than his normal explosion, which is stronger than 1.66 Megatons.

Bakugo should take this.

Bakugo should have superior heat resistance which allows him to tank Genos attacks and the heat will just make Bakugo faster and stronger. With Cluster, Bakugo is far higher in strength and speed once more and has Howitzer Impact to do massive damage to Genos and potentially damage Genos core which if broken Genos will cease to function.

Genos does have an incineration cannon, but Bakugo should be able to dodge due to speed amps and even if it hits him it will only make him sweat due to the heat and nothing will stop Bakugo from launching a Howitzer Impact right after the blast. Also, Bakugo has stun grenade to incapacitation opponents if fired point-blank.

With this Bakugo should take this due to slightly better AP, strength and speed amps, better mobility, superior heat resistance, greater range and being the better deuteragonist.

Bakugo doesn't fight hand to hand, his physical strength is irrelevant. Up close just gets Genos hit by explosions that are stronger than 1.66 Megatons. Lifting strength is also worthless, restraining him just ends up with Genos getting hit by another explosion.

Bakugo won't get caught in his adhesive, he isn't stupid, and mostly flies around the battlefield regardless. He doesn't attack physically, so he wont be punching him from behind. Bakugo can also just use an explosion to destroy his adhesive with ease.

Bakugo is far more mobile than Genos, easily being able to avoid his cannons or counter them with his AP Shot. Which are stronger than Genos' cannons.

He can also spam his Cluster Shots which is stronger than his Howitzer, which is stronger than his normal explosion, which is stronger than 1.66 Megatons.

It matters in that it limits his options whereas Garou can fluidly switch between energy attacks and physical blows. A punch can be well placed but idk how well an explosion can.

I mean Bakugou can only generate explosions around his entire body after using cluster repeatedly (which he probably wouldn't get the chance to if restrained) so I don't see why Genos can't just hold his arms in a position where the explosions released won't really do anything.

The adhesive was supposed to work on Speed O Sound Sonic, who has enhanced senses, so I don't see why Bakugou would purposefully avoid it. In almost every fight Bakugou is in he reaches his opponent's elevation at a certain point so I'm fairly sure there would be an opportunity to get caught. Can he destroy the adhesive with ease? It was impossible for awakened cockroach to break through even after repeated and continuous attempts to break out.

Genos isn't as flight-capable as Bakugou but he still has stuff (alongside very good acrobatics).

I mean Bakugou can only generate explosions around his entire body after using cluster repeatedly (which he probably wouldn't get the chance to if restrained) so I don't see why Genos can't just hold his arms in a position where the explosions released won't really do anything.
We’re not talking about his awakened explosions all over his body, just the ones from his hands. The ones that let him catch up to Deku and save Best Jeanist from the High Ends. Those ones he can spam freely and make him far faster.

The full body explosions would be way way worse of a speed blitz lol

I'm fine with saying they're decent speed amps I just don't understand why it would be impossible to restrain him when you could just put him in a hold that points his arms away from you.

I'm fine with saying they're decent speed amps I just don't understand why it would be impossible to restrain him when you could just put him in a hold that places his arms away from you.
You would have to catch him first. How is Genos catching him while also dealing with the much higher AP blasting him all over?

The explosions Bakugo can release from his hand cover hundreds of meters if he wants to.

Genos cannot restrain him whatsoever. This is what happens if Genos tries to restrain Bakugo.

If Genos doesn't let go he's just going to get pelted with multiple explosions. Pointing his hands in another direction isn't going to do anything. He'll just release massive AOE explosions that'll cover them both, Bakugo can easily withstand his own blast no problem. Even his normal blast are stronger than Genos.

The explosions Bakugo can release from his hand cover hundreds of meters if he wants to.

Genos cannot restrain him whatsoever. This is what happens if Genos tries to restrain Bakugo.

If Genos doesn't let go he's just going to get pelted with multiple explosions. Pointing his hands in another direction isn't going to do anything. He'll just release massive AOE explosions that'll cover them both, Bakugo can easily withstand his own blast no problem. Even his normal blast are stronger than Genos.

I mean if you think an indirect hit like that is capable of seriously damaging Genos then any normal attack would just one shot him anyway.

Is PLF Bakugou's Cluster that much of a blitz worthy speed amp?(I'm asking this not to lowball him but so the match can be added)

Then there's no reason why this match can't be added if it would just allow Bakugou to outpace Genos

Gonna vote Bakugo due to his significantly greater techniques at his disposal. His Cluster is perhaps Bakugo's biggest advantage, since it would allow him to get the drop on Genos with his enhanced speed, not to mention he can combine it with his Howitzer Impact. Genos doesn't have any real way to counter that combo.

Back