• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If that's the case I'd enable EVA and make this a normal thread then

Comics character, so abit inconsistent, but he usually goes Smoke Bomb > Misdirection > Shootout > E.V.A. assist

Tanjirou smells his intent, deflects any bullets he can use, deduces his fighting strategy, outlasts him in stamina, and strikes him with Regen Negging attacks with every blow.

Well, for starters, Fantomex has far better stamina, especially considering the Fire Dance weakness listed in Kamado's profile.

Secondly, Fantomex can deduce fighting strategies and dodge prior attacks too with his Analytical Prediction, which can accurately map attack patterns of characters like Mystique, and Information Analysis EVA gives him.

Thirdly, Homing Attacks, Illusion Creation, Summoning, Far better experience and Forcefield Creation still need to be countered, all except the last Fantomex uses very much in character.

Also, Fantomex has three brains, and his nervous system resides in EVA which is a robot (extremely stupid, ik), so like, does nothing from that counters the smelling thing a tiny bit?

Tanjirou's stamina is actually outdated. To give you an idea of this, BoS Tanjirou was forced to climb up rn entire mountain filled with low air, evade constant traps, was beaten constantly by them for an entire year. He then fought against 3 Spider Demons, 2 comparable to him, and one so difficult he used Fire God the first time, then later could still run away despite his injuries. Then later he begins recovering. But most impressively, he fought Daki after suffering injuries just from her base, then exerted so much anger that his eyes began to bleed, overpowered her for some time, "passed his stamina limit", restrained an amped Nezuko who blasted him through several buildings, then fought Gyuutaro with help, someone far stronger than Daki. He got poisoned with poison so lethal one of his teammates had to stop his heart to prevent it from spreading any further, and still was able to slice off his head.

Important note, Tanjirou actually SPAMS Dance of the Fire God in his second key, or at the very least it takes far less stamina to use. Homing Attacks, Illusion Creation don't mean much to his Enhanced Senses that's borderline precognition, and Tanjirou could smell attacks from underground that were concealed and he couldn't see. Summoning is a problem, yes. Forcefield isn't IC, so not much of a problem. As for three brains, it doesn't counter it.

Fantomex can fight 20 guys while his entire face had been chopped off, and like, resistance to pain, so that already gives him a pretty great endurance.

His misdirections are illusion creation and limited mind manipulation, you basically have to be smart enough to see through them, which can range from "Oh you already killed me gg" to "Wow you suck kys". Homing attacks are Fantomex shooting possessed bullets that actively hunt down the opponent, and Fantomex spams the **** outta them, so like, even with precog, it's hard to counter a room full of tracking shots, not to mention stuff like energy projection and EVAs AoE eleectricity ball.

Doesn't having three brains with different personalities (one's a nice guy, one's a dick, one's an antihero) mean he has three different intents, and it's harder to distinguish what he'd be doing? I remember the Multiple Personalities page mentioning that is the case, idk

Actually... I think this is stompish, coz even with like precog and regen negation, this is just fighting Mysterio with hax that matter...

Doesn't seem to outclass Tanjirou's stamina at all.

I mean, again, unless they can confuse the senses, Tanjirou will smell the tricks coming and any potential counterattack. He already resists having his senses confused anyways, so it's unlikely he's getting caught with any trick like that. Anything he can't dodge will simply be reflected, which Tanjirou can do.

He can still smell the direction of his attacks, even if he couldn't smell his intent. But he can, since all of them are out to hurt him in a match like this. It isn't stompish in the slightest, I'm saying Tanjirou takes this 6/10.

Um you do know this is a guy who can get up just fine after getting literally crushed by a 4-B? Outlasting also takes into account their resilience to damage.

It's mindhax. That's what the problem is. So even if it can't fool his senses (it fooled Wolverine, so probably no), it can literally manipulate them into believing it.

That's still dodgy to me tbh. I can't exactly buy how Fantomex literally not producing smell can be sensed by Tanjirou somehow

Anyways, I'll be responding later

Zark2099 said:
Um you do know this is a guy who can get up just fine after getting literally crushed by a 4-B? Outlasting also takes into account their resilience to damage.
Tiering when talking about a character stomping another doesn't apply to endurance like that. 3-A Goku's endurance isn't incredible because he can get up after getting pummeled by the literally infinitely stronger Jiren.

The argument isn't tier, the argument is stamina, which is he got essentially flattened and was still willing to fight and gotten up, despite beig severely injured. Don't twist my words like that, man

Anyways, Tanjirou starts with Dance of the Fire God in this key and spams it quite often. Considering it boosts his speed, then I'd say Tanjirou would strike at a non-vital faster than Fantomex can react.

Um, by what margin does his speed increase? Also, Homing bullets, Analytical Prediction, AOE electricty manip and range advantage may counter that nonetheless

Fast enough to pressure a High Hypersonic and nearly slash her head off.

Homing bullets don't batter if the attack is faster than it can shoot, same with analytical prediction (which seems to be minor), and AOE & range attacks.

Isn't that speed blitzing then?

Also, Kamado himself is high hypersonic, so that comparison tells nothing, excpet he can overwhelm one. Great. So he's not fast enough to kill his own speed tier, so my point still stands on it being not by a large enough margin

And thus stuff like Homing Bullets, AOE and Range still matter since Fantomex can still do stuff, and Electricity Speed isn't equalized. So nonetheless, Fantomex can still keep up, and due to having backup, he can still repel Kamado, maintaining his range.

I'm telling you, it's a boring match to discuss because it's either a stomp, or super decisive. Kamado doesn't have enough hax or experience to compete, most everything he has is countered by either EVA, the range, Mindhax, or some other BS.

Back