• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kali Revision.

Okay, so, Kali in her Profile's stated to be the "Beginning of Time itself". But, I have many counters to that.

1. She has NO Abtract form at all. Hell, she doesn't seem to be Abstract.

2. https://smite.gamepedia.com/Gods The Hindu Gods don't seem to have Kali in the Origin. In fact, there are MANY above Gods who crated Universes, and did all their shit with Time and all beforehand. Hell, she mostly gets her Time/Destruction Goddess Powers VIA gaining the Form of the Aspect of Devi. That might only mean she has clear Time manipulation. That's it.

And 3. It only states this about her being "the beginning of time itself": "To speak of Kali is to speak of the beginning of time itself."

That might just be a Metaphorical phrase you guys are clearly taking too seriously...

1. Except, she is. The Hindu Gods are very abstract in nature, and Kali is the Goddess of Time, literally so.

2. This is a wikia, and that description isn't something I'm sure is canon anyways. Finally, why must the Goddess of Time be the origin of the gods? Can't they simply be timeless? Kali is Time in Hinduism proper, and things don't begin with her.

3. It's a reference to mythical Kali's role as time.o

"Today, Hindus consistently worship their creator god Brahman."

They don't.

Kali and Shiva are the primordial deities of Hinduism and they existed before creation. Shiva is the Concept of consciousness and the God of Destruction. Kali is the concept of power aswell as Time & Death. Both of them are equal or superior to Brahman (the creator) and Vishnu (the preserver)

JackJoyce said:
"Today, Hindus consistently worship their creator god Brahman."
They don't.

Kali and Shiva are the primordial deities of Hinduism and they existed before creation. Shiva is the Concept of consciousness and the God of Destruction. Kali is the concept of power aswell as Time & Death. Both of them are equal or superior to Brahman (the creator) and Vishnu (the preserver)
Then why the hell isn't this stated in their profiles or anything?! Usually a Wikia describes ALL of their Backround Lore...

AntorusTheBurningThrone said:
Then why the hell isn't this stated in their profiles or anything?! Usually a Wikia describes ALL of their Backround Lore...
Don't know mate. I only summed up the mythological part

Hinduism has several branches and each of them follow different ideologies, the role of supreme god is different in each branch. Most Hindu text refer to Kali as the embodiment of time itself, so I guess the tiering is some what right.

"The name Kali means Kala or force of time. When there were neither the creation, nor the sun, the moon, the planets, and the earth, there was only darkness and everything was created from the darkness. The Dark appearance of Kali represents the darkness from which everything was born" -Quoted this from Wikipedia

I'd also like to mention that "Massively FTL+ (Via scaling)" is not adequate reasoning. At least link who she scales to.

WeeklyBattles said:
Via Odin fighting the galaxy sized ymir as well as I think Ratotaskr having a galaxy crossing feat
Then why isn't that the reasoning rather than "Via Scaling"?

Back in like early 2016 going "Via scaling" and then expecting the user to figure it all out by looking at every page and blog and thread was considered acceptable.

The gods in SMITE are not accurate to their mythological version, its like the greek gods in Saint Seiya, these characters are their own thing with just some reference to the original version.

Back