• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
But how often would Kakashi even start with genjutsu as his younger self? He primarily seems to use his clones, chidori, traps, and the white fang blade.

Also, Oudo seems to have some resistance to mental manipulation. Given its egocentric nature, it seems like a decently fitting counter to genjutsu depending on what Kakashi would attempt to show him. Though, once again, it doesn't seem like something his kid self uses frequently.

I mean if he realizes after getting dropped to his knees, he may get it off. Oudo always starts with that command in character, and will only use the other stuff following that. Sure, this basically comes down to if Kakashi will survive long enough to go for Genjutsu, and it is possible, so at the very least this isn't a stomp

So Oudo drops Kakashi to his kness, and Kakashi has about less than a second to figure out what's going on whilst his electrical impules and being controlled, and then has to continue to think to figure out what's going on. And then has to think some more in order to somehow realize that genjutsu is his only way out of this as opposed to attempting to flick a shuriken or paper bomb at him to distract him.

Doesn't thinking require electrical impulses?

And this doesn't actually take into account Oudo's mental resistance. If the illusions has nothing to do with his egocentricity, then it's very likely to be ineffective.

If this isn't a complete stomp, it certainly does feel mighty close to one if this is indeed the case.

I should be clear, with the exception of his presence, he cannot control your mind in any convenient way. He controls your motor functions, and has active mind manip in the same way that the medic from TF2 has soul manip. Flicking projectiles at him would actually be a good tactic to at the very least distract Oudo for moments

It does, yes

I mean Kakashi's stuff works via controlling chakra, which would Oudo would not counter with his self centered-ness I'm pretty sure. He would be protected from any of the genjutsu that warp his mind, but straight up sensory manipulation should work at the very least

I see.

This seems like a bit more of a strategy game in this case.

However, I still think the whole seizing control of his electrical impulses is really hard to beat. And Kakashi would need to either land a chidori, and a genjutsu, the former of which would be very difficult given Oudo's abilities.

I appreciate the explanation. Given that, I'll go with Oudo, in this case. I find it more likely that his more powerful abilities will bring a swift end to Kakashi than Kakashi will realize that genjutsu is his only real win condition. I can see Kakashi escaping and hiding like the ninja he is to figure things out exactly one time. Yet I don't think that would be enough of an encounter to convince him to so quickly use genjutsu. Especially since the kid Kakashi is a bit more rash of mind.

So I'll go with Oudo here.

Back