• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Just a Mha mid tier revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's simple logic, being able to finish a 50 meter race is in a timeframe of 0.2 seconds, and characters going about how fast that person was. Doesn't mean we should assume he can finish a 100 meter race in the same timeframe.

The same is with the ice, making a smaller amount of ice should take less time than making a larger amount of ice. Is there any reason this logic is flawed?

I was asking for a quote that implied his speed, not a direct one.

Number 6 has literally nothing to do with this, let's not bring up unrelated topics.
Except there is no support for that train of logic, and instead there are statements and showings that are directly contrary. When has making large ice structures taken Shoto more time than smaller ones? Hasn’t it always been the point that his construction of the large ice structures is just as fast? If it was massively slower, wouldn’t that be noted, especially by someone like Bakugo when he was analyzing Todoroki’s power?

What implies his ice speed becomes insanely cut down other than “logic”? What supports that “logic” in this case is being used?

Understood, the Six thing can be it’s own thread. The thread title though IS for Mid Tiers and Six affects a lot of those.

The ice wall against Aizawa is around 38 meters tall going by the current calc.

If Todoroki's speed was scaling to the 1 second end, which is 585 m/s.

He'd be able to create that ice wall in 0.065812 seconds. What's wrong with this?

Todoroki's ice travels, making something bigger SHOULD take longer than making something smaller. He doesn't instantly bring ice walls into existence, more distance equals longer travel time. A smaller distance equals less travel time.

I don't think it'd be wise to continue any type of back and fourth, if I can't convince you then continuing this is pointless.

My take: I'm okay with the Low-End which is 1 second. Considering how the manga panel frames it, I think only a second passing isn't that hard to believe.

Not only that but we usually go with the Low-End, unless something heavily supports a higher end.

I'll leave it at that, I need to work on the Vigilante scaling/rating and Number 6 stuff.

I disagree with your logic, but I’ll settle on the timeframe for the feat. While i believe it is asinine to thinj his ice goes from being able to freeze Iida during his recipro burst in less than 2 seconds to making that ice structure in “1 second”, but somehow his ice structure is supposed to be massively slower due to size, there are more important matters.

I will wait on the Six stuff to be done, that effects more people and probably Todoroki anyway.

Not sure if king is trolling or not but if it takes x seconds to move lets say 2 meters then it would take more time to move say double that distance. Thats just common sense i dont see why you disagree with that logic

And im not sure if we watched the same fight but Sero was shown to be watching the ice travel towards him and even let out a gulp

Not sure if king is trolling or not but if it takes x seconds to move lets say 2 meters then it would take more time to move say double that distance. Thats just common sense i dont see why you disagree with that logic
Because Shoto blatantly does not create ice like that? And his ice creation has always been stated to be instant in the eyes of others? Regardless of size? And the literal example I gave of him freezing Iida in less than 2 seconds while, by assumption, making the ice structure in 1 second?
And im not sure if we watched the same fight but Sero was shown to be watching the ice travel towards him and even let out a gulp
A zoom cut on his face while he makes a hng noise is not him reacting nor does it prove 1 second passed.

Anyway, that argument is dropped, if you would pay attention. We’re moving on the the Number Six calc which affects more people.

Because Shoto blatantly does not create ice like that? And his ice creation has always been stated to be instant in the eyes of others? Regardless of size? And the literal example I gave of him freezing Iida in less than 2 seconds while, by assumption, making the ice structure in 1 second?

A zoom cut on his face while he makes a hng noise is not him reacting nor does it prove 1 second passed.

Anyway, that argument is dropped, if you would pay attention. We’re moving on the the Number Six calc which affects more people.
Good to know u dropped this anyways, can you send the number six calc

Vigilantes chapter 87 where he literally fought and kept up with him. Even said that with Overclock he couldn’t find an opening.
But not having an opening doesnt mean hes at the same speed as him. Simply means there are no openings in his rish attack. Its even stated that overclock was holding back and even overclock said his main goal was to just lose so I dont see why he would be serious against him. Not only that, but a few chapters after Overclock casually blitz someone several times when rappa kinda got clapped lol. And overclock was on extremely short bursts and he was still capable of casually blitzing this same person. I honestly dont believe its reasonable to scale rappa to that speed.

But not having an opening doesnt mean hes at the same speed as him. Simply means there are no openings in his rish attack. Its even stated that overclock was holding back and even overclock said his main goal was to just lose so I dont see why he would be serious against him. Not only that, but a few chapters after Overclock casually blitz someone several times when rappa kinda got clapped lol. And overclock was on extremely short bursts and he was still capable of casually blitzing this same person. I honestly dont believe its reasonable to scale rappa to that speed.
We’re not scaling Rappa though, we’re scaling his punch speed which is far higher. We know Rappa himself isn’t that fast obviously.

Overclock can increase his speed higher than he did Vs Rappa. We scale Rappa to the lowest setting of Overclock, which is 3x. So him going faster vs Baby Hood doesn’t mean Rappa wasn’t pressuring him earlier.
I see also i just noticed that the fighters was indeed hood lmao thats crazy 🤣

Well this can be closed now, as I’ve applied what has been accepted to the relevant profiles now
So discussion on number 6 and his new feat should be taken to the MHA general discussion or another revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back