• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Out of curiosity, I decided to try plugging the explosion radius of 13.161 meters that the off-site calc got (though it might be as inaccurate as the rest of the calc for all I know) into a ground explosion formula to see what result it would get:

(13.161)^3*((27136*1.37895 + 8649)^(1/2)/13568 - 93/13568)^2 = 0.18321126 tons (Small Building level+)

Not sure how much of this Toro would have taken (again, assuming that the radius is even correct to begin with), though he does have official stats to work with that might help find surface area (no length is provided, so if that's needed, it would either need to be figured out using his height, or using the length of the Fallen Kingdom Carnotaurus as a lowball)

Out of curiosity, I decided to try plugging the explosion radius of 13.161 meters that the off-site calc got (though it might be as inaccurate as the rest of the calc for all I know) into a ground explosion formula to see what result it would get:

(13.161)^3*((27136*1.37895 + 8649)^(1/2)/13568 - 93/13568)^2 = 0.18321126 tons (Small Building level+)

Not sure how much of this Toro would have taken (again, assuming that the radius is even correct to begin with), though he does have official stats to work with that might help find surface area (no length is provided, so if that's needed, it would either m^2need to be figured out using his height, or using the length of the Fallen Kingdom Carnotaurus as a lowball)
Ima make a calc of it after the Gyrosphere calc.

Last edited:
Also here's a revision that I'd suggest for the Spinosaurus

Current​

Attack Potency: Wall level (Busted through a steel fence. Killed a sub-adult Tyrannosaurus rex with little difficulty. Overpowered and broke a BRAD-X with ease)

Tbh, I haven't seen proof that Bull was a sub-adult, especially with the fact that he was fully grown as stated by Jack Ewins. Plus, this wasn't an easy kill coming from the fact that Bull overpowered Spinosaurus, with him pushing and sorta ragdolling the Spinosaurus around.

Revised​

Attack Potency: Wall level (Busted through a steel fence which yields this much energy. Killed a Tyrannosaurus rex though was overpowered by the latter. Overpowered and broke a BRAD-X with ease)

Thoughts?

Current​

Attack Potency: Wall level (Busted through a steel fence. Killed a sub-adult Tyrannosaurus rex with little difficulty. Overpowered and broke a BRAD-X with ease)

Tbh, I haven't seen proof that Bull was a sub-adult, especially with the fact that he was fully grown as stated by Jack Ewins. Plus, this wasn't an easy kill coming from the fact that Bull overpowered Spinosaurus, with him pushing and sorta ragdolling the Spinosaurus around.

Revised​

Attack Potency: Wall level (Busted through a steel fence which yields this much energy. Killed a Tyrannosaurus rex though was overpowered by the latter. Overpowered and broke a BRAD-X with ease)

Thoughts?
Looks good

Current​

Revised​

Thoughts?
I'm pretty sure the BRAD-X wasn't broken, just temporarily incapacitated until a bit later in the scene, but everything else looks good.

According to an Empire Magazine article, the Giganotosaurus is apparently 11 tons (open the picture in a new tab to see the larger version):
EmpireMagazinGigaHQ.PNG

I wonder if this could upgrade Rexy to Class 25 LS for being somewhat able to push back the Giga despite being at the end of her life span by the time of Dominion.

I would consider this as unreliable as the magazine itself describes JW Giganotosaurus as 11 tons, not stated by the directors or even one of the writers at all. So we could instead use the weight of the IRL Giganotosaurus which is up to 7200 kg.
Ok so while I was reading the article that talked about the weight of theropods, I noticed they stated that the surface area of Carnotaurus is 2.2 m^2, I could probably use that for the explosion calc.

Edit:
So here the updated calc.

Last edited:
According to the Evolution of Claire book, a plastic polymer had to be invented to build the Aviary in Jurassic World (no actual glass is used) that would be strong enough to withstand being struck by Pteranodons. Not sure if that would make the Indominus Rex breaking in much more impressive or not.

In the same book, Gyrospheres are stated to be made of an aluminum oxynitride glass that is stronger than any steel. That might bump up the numbers on the Gyrosphere calc by a considerable amount if we can use the value of the strongest type of steel.

9WFo7bm.png

BHaeqhj.png

LQchzIw.png

Last edited:
Aight here's Gyrosphere calc, next is the explosion feat.
According to the Evolution of Claire book, a plastic polymer had to be invented to build the Aviary in Jurassic World (no actual glass is used) that would be strong enough to withstand being struck by Pteranodons. Not sure if that would make the Indominus Rex breaking in much more impressive or not.

In the same book, Gyrospheres are stated to be made of an aluminum oxynitride glass that is stronger than any steel. That might bump up the numbers on the Gyrosphere calc by a considerable amount if we can use the value of the strongest type of steel.

9WFo7bm.png

BHaeqhj.png

LQchzIw.png
Should at the very least reach higher values of 9-B, possibly even 9-A

I tried plugging in a couple different fragmentation values into the formula used for the Gyrosphere calc:

Steel (208 J/cc): 0.006145346708174066 tons (9-A)

Stainless steel (358 J/cc): 0.010577087122729565 tons (9-A)

Damascus steel (814 J/cc): 0.024064350451004097 tons (9-A)

I couldn't find a fragmentation value listed for carbon steel, otherwise I would have tried that too.

Given that a new, extra-strong plastic polymer needed to be invented to contain the Pteranodons in the Aviary, that suggests that the material must be stronger than translucent polycarbonate, which is used in ballistic glass, so I guess that value could be used if we wanted to calculate the Indominus Rex smashing a large hole in the side of the Aviary. Maybe it could get at least 9-B+ results? It also suggests that the Pteranodons could break through ballistic glass with their beaks, so that's something.

It's also probably worth pointing out that the T-Rex Big Eatie was also capable of pushing back the Spinosaurus, which apparently weighs over 10 tons by the time of Camp Cretaceous.

Perhaps a more reliable weight for the Giganotosaurus would be the one listed on the official Dino Tracker viral marketing site (Field Guide section), which is 8165 kg (or 9 tons):
SKNBwDR.png
Aight, that'll be usable for the JW T. rex's profile, especially for that fact that Roberta is weaker than her prime.

I tried plugging in a couple different fragmentation values into the formula used for the Gyrosphere calc:

Steel (208 J/cc): 0.006145346708174066 tons (9-A)

Stainless steel (358 J/cc): 0.010577087122729565 tons (9-A)

Damascus steel (814 J/cc): 0.024064350451004097 tons (9-A)

I couldn't find a fragmentation value listed for carbon steel, otherwise I would have tried that too.
Calc's updated, got 16.781 megajoules which is a 9-B+ feat by diving it by 6x because it needed to fragment it that much (smashing it against the ground 5x and cracking it with its jaws which I goofed up not mentioning). Next up, calcing the feat of breaking into the Aviary, pretty sure its gonna yield 9-A levels of energy.

9WFo7bm.png

BHaeqhj.png

LQchzIw.png
Btw, is the Gyrosphere also made of the same material that the aviary is made out of?

Btw, is the Gyrosphere also made of the same material that the aviary is made out of?
Doesn't seem like it. The gyrosphere is only described as using an aluminum oxynitride glass, and the Aviary is made of a plastic polymer that is stated not to actually be glass, and is apparently stronger than existing plastic polymers. They aren't directly compared to each other at any point as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Sadly I can't calc the needed amount of energy to break into the aviary since we can't really identify what the aviary is actually made out of but I though about calcing the KE of a JW Pteranodon which has a weight of 25 kg and for IRL ones, they fly up to a speed of 8 meters per second which would yield to 800 joules (9-C), still not as impressive as other feats that Indominus rex has performed.

Sadly I can't calc the needed amount of energy to break into the aviary since we can't really identify what the aviary is actually made out of but I though about calcing the KE of a JW Pteranodon which has a weight of 25 kg and for IRL ones, they fly up to a speed of 8 meters per second which would yield to 800 joules (9-C), still not as impressive as other feats that Indominus rex has performed.
I still think using a fragmentation value for ballistic glass should be viable, considering the material in the Aviary should be stronger than transparent polycarbonate, another plastic polymer which at least one accepted calc has used the ballistic glass fragmentation value for breaking.

So apparently, the Jurassic World junior novel actually does describe the Aviary as being made of steel and polycarbonate. While this doesn't quite line up with what the Evolution of Claire novel would later establish, given that the "dino-proof" plastic polymer there should logically be stronger than polycarbonate, it should solidify that using the latter (using values for ballistic glass) would be a safe lowball for a calc. Figuring out the amount of steel that was destroyed might be a bit trickier.

mulzb9M.png

VrbziQ1.png

So apparently, the Jurassic World junior novel actually does describe the Aviary as being made of steel and polycarbonate. While this doesn't quite line up with what the Evolution of Claire novel would later establish, given that the "dino-proof" plastic polymer there should logically be stronger than polycarbonate, it should solidify that using the latter (using values for ballistic glass) would be a safe lowball for a calc. Figuring out the amount of steel that was destroyed might be a bit trickier.

mulzb9M.png

VrbziQ1.png
I think the Evolution of Claire novel would more reliable than the Jurassic World novelization as it is said to be the first novel to be canon to the JW films.

I think the Evolution of Claire novel would more reliable than the Jurassic World novelization as it is said to be the first novel to be canon to the JW films.
While we do generally treat novels as secondary canon, it is true that The Evolution of Claire should take main priority. I'm mainly just making the point that polycarbonate seems like the most reasonable lowball considering we don't know exactly how much stronger the dino-proof polymer is compared to other plastic polymers, just that it is stronger to a noticeable degree.

Back