• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Julius Novachrono vs Timemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes as it is via though. Unlike Julius who still has to move after he uses his skill, Timemon simply stops everything the moment he thinks.

So I retract my vote for Julius and vote Timemon FRA if that's true, I guess first loss for my man is here

Time to do Julius solos your verse

Funny how he used to defeat tier 6 characters when he was Low 7-B but lost to a Low 7-B when he became 6-C

It says Timemon FRA 7 times.

Threemagi

Oh yeah, I forgot to vote. Voting Timemon for Dragon's reason.

(Plus Timemon toki toki pun is adorable)

Him + Dragon makes it 9, so its grace.

BC characters are only fearing their opponents when they release their mana and show tremendous power. Notabene, when they want to. Like, people like Yami can release their mana in huge reserves to make opponent fear them.

I want to argue that because I don't want Mana Crush

He would. But not in like, HUGE reserves. For example, characters in Naruto (4th Raikage is a great example) can release their entire chakra and make it spread to terror surrounding people. Karin was scared as hell because of his chakra, but he has no passive fear manip.

IIRC Fear manip feats in BC are Yami releasing his mana to push Asta to the wall and question if he still wants to be Sorcery Emperor and Patry scaring Finral with his mana. Maybe Yami saying Devil's mana is in whole other class counts too. But that's it, I don't think it will instantly just make your opponents piss your panties. I think it's minor, but you can correct me as you're currently reading and maybe noticed more things than me.

And I believe it's just... full blown passive, as Nozel and Fugeleon just staring at each other forced most people in the ceremony to shush, and he also shut up Solid alone with his aura.

Seriously. Waiting for ESP Crush in Mob Psycho 100

Yeah, but most guys they scared were pretty fodder. Rest were either impressed or didn't react at all. And they WANTED to release they mana to do that, like MMA fighters on weigh-in's.

I think this passive hax bs (especially fear hax) is getting out of control right now tbh. Naruto character could be getting passive fear hax starting from zabuza level characters and upwards, but we wont do that because it is something that is based on character strength levels more likely than not. This includes HxH. Meaning cross verse these passive would not work as long as you are as strong as the user.

All this passive terror stuff are simple tropes in anime/manga.

Not... really? Most fearhax in anime/manga is described as an aura, presence, or a glare. Also, Zabuza has fearhax? Lol, guess I'm rereading Naruto.

That doesn't mean it doesn't have to do with strength

Esdeath has a passive aura that accidentally scared off an assasin, but it never works on people comparable, so we assume it won't.

And god forbid I have that never happens.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Not... really? Most fearhax in anime/manga is described as an aura, presence, or a glare. Also, Zabuza has fearhax? Lol, guess I'm rereading Naruto.
Literally the moment Zabuza and Kakashi got serious Sasuke got so scared that he wanted to kill himself.

And like Garg said, it still does not stop it from being a trope. The fact is we are wanking tropes to get people ridiculous abiliites that they dont really have.

I personally disagree with that. If you're fighting and unleashing so much bloodlust that the people around you are getting terrified and their brain instructs them to get away, I'd say it's legit. It is a trope, but I personally believe abilities come from it too.

I will say that in this case Timemon is vastly weaker then Julius, so it might work

Like I said, it would only work on people of a lower level of power than you. Even in HxH. No one of a similar level would be scared of an a high level Nen user because it is simply the pressure of very high Nen or energy that feel terrifying.

Julius is also getting an forcefield of aura simply because of just how dense his magic is. Quite honestly, now that I'm into BC and read it (wasn't into it when I voted Timemon), I'm voting Julius.

Rocker1189 said:
Like I said, it would only work on people of a lower level of power than you. Even in HxH. No one of a similar level would be scared of an a high level Nen user because it is simply the pressure of very high Nen or energy that feel terrifying.
Incorrect. Zushi terrifed Killua, despite Killua forcing him to his knees countless times with a single, casual chop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back