• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Julius Novachrono vs Aldoron

aldoron is gears

votes julius

speed equalized

whoooooooooooooooooooo would win

Last edited:
Julius time stop is thought based and its his starting move,

im pretty sure gears starts by fighting and needs to amp his magic for the time manip also pretty sure its more akin to time slow.

again Gears time manip takes time to work ands its time slow not stop also he starts with h2h, julius still stomps when he enters range.

Julius time stop is thought based and its his starting move,
You got a scan for it being thought based?
im pretty sure gears starts by fighting and needs to amp his magic for the time manip also pretty sure its more akin to time slow.
he didn't amp himself, Gears was just holding back against Jellal at the start, plus it was off screen. His first on screen move is placing his Gears on you which makes you forget how to use magic, and time stops you. Ultear states it as such

He literally almost died trying to do this

And he rezet an attack
1. He did not, he just couldn't undo the spell in time to protect himself from Patry's attack

2. If can do this, he can very much stop time from a mere 4kilometers without running out of Mana

3. He can teleport, meaning that range has no importance anyway

yes he Fought jellal off screen then used the gears placed on jellal idk if he needs contact or not but the Gears affect still takes time and its a time slow.

hes first move is EE with time manip, then chrono stasis with what technically is via gesture.
you can check the profile for EE

its blocked hold up chapter 143 julius vs patry if you want to read for yourself
As I said, to avoid the time stop you just have to stay away from Julius. The range is probably not even 10 meters
no prior knowledge and Gears fights h2h in character and julius can teleport short distances
1.png
22.png

33.png

context again his fighting a faster character and using prediction btw

now that i know its not literally thought based the Law vs Julius match is actually possible. Law lowkey can even win with room

2. If can do this, he can very much stop time from a mere 4kilometers without running out of Mana

3. He can teleport, meaning that range has no importance anyway
Anyways, saying Julius casting the spell almost killed him is wrong, knowing the one who did kill him was patry and not his spell.

Julius does not teleport, he accelerates the body's speed
he does

yes he Fought jellal off screen then used the gears placed on jellal idk if he needs contact or not but the Gears affect still takes time and its a time slow.
he doesn't need contact as it's gesture based, the timestop effect takes time to kick in yes, but the Memory affect happens immediately which would prevent Julius from casting any magic until the timestop effect takes place which happens shortly after.

no prior knowledge and Gears fights h2h in character and julius can teleport short distances
Gears wasn't serious and was holding back against Jellal before using his main ability. This is the first panel of the fight that we see. We have no idea what he did before this as it was off panel so him starting with h2h is quite literally made up on your part.

He can use Time Magic across a country and you're saying he can't do it across 4 kilometers? Yeah, right.
Do you have at least one example of Julius doing this in character? Of course not

Julius has the capacity to sacrifice his life for the kingdom, and yet he has not used any time stops with a radius of 50 meters against terrorists. If he could do that 99% of the problems in the manga would have been solved
no. he is even declared to be faster, it makes no sense to be teleporting (especially when his magic is time)

Last edited:
Do you have at least one example of Julius doing this in character? Of course not
Doing that in character =\= Not doing it. If he can't reach Aldoron for reasons that I've yet to see, he just makes a wider Timestop. Even running out of Mana wouldn't matter.
Julius has the capacity to sacrifice his life for the kingdom,
He does not sacrificing anything when doing this spell. Come on...
and yet he has not used any time stops from a radius of 50 meters against terrorists.
Send me a single panel of someone fighting Julius from far away. Go on, I'll wait.

And before, Patry doesn't count as he was holding back
If he could do that 99% of the problems in the manga would have been solved
Have you ever heard of PiS?
no. he is even declared to be faster, it makes no sense to be teleporting (especially when his magic is time)
He's teleporting, he has teleportation on his profile so the case is settled until you make a CRT

Last edited:
Doing that in character =\= Not doing it.
What? If a character has a supposed ability and does not use this "ability" it cannot be used in a match. There isn't even proof that he is able to do this
He does not sacrifice anything when doing this spell. Come on...
Julius is literally making his body vulverable against an enemy who wants to kill him. Yes, he sacrificed himself

And what I'm saying is, if he had this ability, he would use it often
Send me a single panel of someone fighting Julius from far away.
Here, here and here

In all cases Julius could simply make the time stop have a longer range and then catch the enemy. This would also be impossible to dodge, since the time bubble appears instantly
Never heard of PiS, huh?
PIS? 90% of Julius's scenes are PIS?
he has teleportation on his profile
Why I am not surprised...

he uses that with mana zone to stop attacks, when he uses chrono stasis to trap people there are hand gestures involved.
That's the same spell, wether he stops attacks or people shouldn't change anything honestly

What? If a character has a supposed ability and does not use this "ability" it cannot be used in a match. There isn't even proof that he is able to do this
Omg

If you can run at 18km I can't assume you can run at 15km unless I see you do it?

If you can jump 1m high, I can't assume you can jump less than 50cm high unless you do it??

Come on now
Julius is literally making his body vulverable against an enemy who wants to kill him. Yes, he sacrificed himself
Please, learn the difference between leaving himself open and sacrificing himself...

No even that, his body did not become vulnerable at all. You're severely misinterpreting this scene.
And what I'm saying is, if he had this ability, he would use it often

First one has a litteral statement of Julius holding back, while he tried to go for the kill in the third one
In all cases Julius could simply make the time stop have a longer range and then catch the enemy. This would also be impossible to dodge, since the time bubble appears instantly

PIS? 90% of Julius's scenes are PIS?
His only 2 battles were against Patry where he was holding himself back, and fodders where he did not need to extend the range.

The whole Patry fight was PIS and I could post a long comment about that if I had the time
Why I am not surprised...
Idk, because we go by what's on their profiles and I've been saying that since the beginning?

I doubt he uses magic with the thought btw. Julius had to move his hand here,
That's not his Timestop
Not his time stop either
We don't know what he would have gone for, he could have done this for all we know

That's the same spell, wether he stops attacks or people shouldn't change anything honestly
when its shown several times his time stop against characters is the hand gesture it takes precedent.

do you know the thread that gave him teleportation, im not sure why its such a big deal it wouldn't even change much just make it pseudo Tp or statistic amp its more akin to shunpo or shunshin tbh

the better interpretation can still be he used his time magic to accelerate to there location.

also the guy in the top left saying "this magic signature" can indicate he was detecting julius coming to them.

? flying down at high speeds would do that, iirc teleportation wouldn't do that but i don't read alot of manga

If you can run at 18km I can't assume you can run at 15km unless I see you do it?

If you can jump 1m high, I can't assume you can jump less than 50cm high unless you do it??
top 10 comparisons

I'll be honest, that was stupid and ridiculous. Neither case is related. We know what the limits of someone running or jumping are, just as much as we know what Julius's limits are.If it is not used in character, it is not used in the matches. "In character" is what defines how the character fights, what he starts with, his strategies and methods
No even that, his body did not become vulnerable at all. You're severely misinterpreting this scene.
Julius was out of mana to defend himself. How the hell was he not vulverable? And yes, contextually it is a sacrifice
First one has a litteral statement of Julius holding back, while he tried to go for the kill in the third one
He says "He wants to take me alive"

Which would be easily possible with a time stop with a radius of 100 meters lol. This is literally the ability Julius was using all along
His only 2 battles were against Patry where he was holding himself back
?????????
BRO WTF
The ability he uses to catch Patry is the time stop. Using one with a longer range would only make his life easier. The " holding himself back" is because he didn't want to kill him

Julius has had few fights, and yet in all of them he has shown none of what you say. In other words, you are going for your headcanon rather than the manga itself and its fights
That's not his Timestop
Magic in general
Not his time stop either
Julius used another magic precisely because he didn't have the range to use the time stop
We don't know what he would have gone for, he could have done this for all we know
what

Back