• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen's Speed Revision

Idk if Yuji could scale. I doubt very much that he faster than Maki and Toji. Besides, Yuta literally says at the end of the battle "I was just playing", showing that he wasn't seriously at all
He was holding back in that he trying not to mutilate Yuji, so he can fake his death and then heal him. But he genuinely intended to blitz him and incapacitate Yuji quickly, but by his own admission Yuji is too fast for him to do that.

The scaling is unstable and shooting too high imo. Not only does it go against what is implied by the Yuji/Yuta fight, but we'll likely have more instances of Yuji-tier characters or below not get blitzed by the higher tiers.

Also there is no reason for Maki to get significantly physically stronger/faster in her second Naoya fight, since she already discarded all Cursed Energy with Mai's death. The training with the sumo guy appears to only increase her skill, and unlock her ability to better sense the environment and predict movements. Seeing things the same way the katana guy does is what she was trying to do.

Doesn't even make a ******* sense to scale Yuta to Itadori

Itadori is blitized by Naoya
Naoya is somewhat comparable to Piercing Blood, but still slower
Kenjaku can dodge Piercing Blood at shot distances
Yuta is comparable to Kenjaku
But Yuta is comparable to Itadori?
Lol

Yuji does not scale at all. Not once was Yuuta going at Yuji with any notable percentage (even for a base Yuuta) in his fight with him. We literally see him casually pressure Yuji to the brink while he's like.

"Oh my sword broke, Gojo did teach him"

When it comes to who would scale to MHS

Also there is no reason for Maki to get significantly physically stronger/faster in her second Naoya fight, since she already discarded all Cursed Energy with Mai's death. The training with the sumo guy appears to only increase her skill, and unlock her ability to better sense the environment and predict movements. Seeing things the same way the katana guy does is what she was trying to do.
She is able to out-speed his Mach 3 speed yet prior to her Miyo training, she couldnt at all and needed to prep against it. Also her Miyo training is all about her growing as a sorcerer through the help of others, why would she not become faster and stronger from it? Hell the end of the chapter wihere she beats Naoya tells us she became equal to Toji. Kamo and Daido both say she grew as well. And inside the domain was her training at an accelerated rate, why would that not have made her faster and stronger?
Daido and Kamo statement

Doesn't even make a ******* sense to scale Yuta to Itadori

Itadori is blitized by Naoya
Naoya is somewhat comparable to Piercing Blood, but still slower
Kenjaku can dodge Piercing Blood at shot distances
Yuta is comparable to Kenjaku
But Yuta is comparable to Itadori?
Lol
I mean Maki before precog struggled with Naoya. And he is supposed to be the heir to the 2nd fastest modern Sorcerer.
Naoya felt confident dodging Piercing Blood at close range (Naoya rushed Choso aiming Piercing Blood while he was slowed down by blood on his clothes). Reaction Speed can still be higher than Combat Speed.
Yet Yuta admits he is unable to blitz Yuji despite wanting to do so.

"Oh my sword broke, Gojo did teach him"
Also said faking Yuji death isn't easy. And that Yuji is fast.

She is able to out-speed his Mach 3 speed yet prior to her Miyo training, she couldnt at all and needed to prep against it. Also her Miyo training is all about her growing as a sorcerer through the help of others, why would she not become faster and stronger from it? Hell the end of the chapter wihere she beats Naoya tells us she became equal to Toji. Kamo and Daido both say she grew as well. And inside the domain was her training at an accelerated rate, why would that not have made her faster and stronger?
Daido and Kamo statement
How would she grow as a Sorcerer? She doesn't have Cursed Energy. She can't reinforce herself further.
She is able to consistently dodge him, but she didn't seem to outspeed him (and he didn't seem to have enough build up to reach Mach 3 to begin with; he circled the area many times to do that one Mach 3 attack).

What she said was missing that makes her lesser than Tojo amounts to 'see everything else to see your opponent', which is the senses Daido has:
0195-019.png
0195-020.png

Of course, displaying the power of the katana requires heightened senses, so she gets a buff from that too.

How would she grow as a Sorcerer? She doesn't have Cursed Energy. She can't reinforce herself further.
in physical stats.

She is able to consistently dodge him, but she didn't seem to outspeed him (and he didn't seem to have enough build up to reach Mach 3 to begin with; he circled the area many times to do that one Mach 3 attack).

What she said was missing that makes her lesser than Tojo amounts to 'see everything else to see your opponent', which is the senses Daido has:
After she comes out of the domain, he begins building up speed to reach his Mach 3 speed from before, and he's surprised she's able to out-speed him. This isn't just her sensing him, this is her growth from the training in the domain and after coming out they say she's completely changed and grew. During the Miyo training they also talk about her never having someone to make her stronger and the training with Miyo is meant as her first time someone else is helping her to grow and become stronger

Not just the strongest, he's indirectly stated to be the fastest, so yes I agree wthat

Yuta's kinda tricky, I say that due to the way he was portrayed VS Itadori but that was just him holding back but I'd be fine with him scaling above Maki's Hypersonic feat she and then a Likely scaling to the MHS rating

I also think these guys should just scale to Kenjaku's Hypersonic+ feat and then a Likely to the MHS ratings but there isn't much reason against them being just straight up MHS tho, so I guess I agree

Same case as Yuta

Toji doesn't scale to Adult Gojo or Adult Geto, he doesn't even scale to Teen Gojo in speed as he got blitzed once Gojo was refreshed and by association same case with Makires

Not just the strongest, he's indirectly stated to be the fastest, so yes I agree wthat

Yuta's kinda tricky, I say that due to the way he was portrayed VS Itadori but that was just him holding back but I'd be fine with him scaling above Maki's Hypersonic feat she and then a Likely scaling to the MHS rating

I also think these guys should just scale to Kenjaku's Hypersonic+ feat and then a Likely to the MHS ratings but there isn't much reason against them being just straight up MHS tho, so I guess I agree

Same case as Yuta

Toji doesn't scale to Adult Gojo or Adult Geto, he doesn't even scale to Teen Gojo in speed as he got blitzed once Gojo was refreshed and by association same case with Maki
Mach 3+ for them all seems fine to me
No vex abeg

In summary, what should we update into the Profile?

What I read and understand now is that Gojo is MHS possibly MHS+ via Cursed Energy Manipulation.

Geto, Yuta, Yuki is MHS

Why would Gojo be MHS+ again?

The difference between those two a 2x different though, someone may get a 2x increase to speed ends up becoming mhs+ but for Gojo I'm not really saying he'd be outright mhs+, I think it could be a likely with how we see Blue become an increase to his speed. He could at the very least get a likely with it considering he's above Hakari who's rated at mach 547, then gets faster through his fight with Kashimo.

in physical stats.

After she comes out of the domain, he begins building up speed to reach his Mach 3 speed from before, and he's surprised she's able to out-speed him. This isn't just her sensing him, this is her growth from the training in the domain and after coming out they say she's completely changed and grew. During the Miyo training they also talk about her never having someone to make her stronger and the training with Miyo is meant as her first time someone else is helping her to grow and become stronger
Maki kept fit her entire career, so a few hours of workout wouldn't add much to that. The boost from Heavenly Restriction reached its maximum with Mai's death. The training is explicitly to improve her senses:
0196-012.png

Naoya did a lot of set-up to do the confirmed Mach 3 attack, but here is attacking rapidly, so we don't know how far he is from his maximum speed. He is surprised Maki is able to dodge him (since she is able to tell where he will attack from), but the fact that he is portrayed as a blur indicates that he is faster.

If she somehow got a dozen times faster than Naoya's top speed, then improving her senses would be moot.

Daido overwhelmed others with his presence, simply by his determination and the skill of holding a sword, even though he has civilian level Cursed Energy:
0195-012.png
0195-013.png

So Maki should be able to do the same simply by becoming more skilled and confident.

This is the first time Megumi saw Maki after the Zenin clan massacre, why wouldn't it make sense that he think she is different? Also, he can easily be referring to her personality and demeanor rather than her power.

It was already explained in the same chapter that she wants to become 'stronger' by learning how to utilize the 'vision'/senses that Daido mastered. This is not a physical amp.
0196-012.png
0196-015.png

In this case, growing stronger isn't about building up muscles or getting a boost involving Cursed Energy (which Maki no longer can do).

Gojo Satoru-Downgraded from Massively Hypersonic+ to Massively Hypersonic as his current speed profile is rather unreasonable and has no clear origin, and having Massively Hypersonic as he is The strongest Sorcerer in the world should make him superior to Hakari.
Gojo scaling should be fine.
Okkotsu Yuta-Just like Gojo and from Maki's words he should be on par with or above Hakari.
Yuta does not scale to Hakari and is inferior to him by his own admission.
Geto Suguru and Tsukumo Yuki-Downgraded from Massively Hypersonic+ to Massively Hypersonic. Geto is close to Yuta and from Kenjaku's words he might even be superior to Yuta, and Yuki is close to Geto(kenjaku) as well.
Geto got blitzed by a Yuta that was just starting to adjust to his powers. Geto being superior is strictly in terms of AP with Maximum Uzumaki. There is no reason to assume Geto and Kenjaku scale the same when the latter considers Yuta a non threat and the former doesn't even want to **** with a more experienced version of him. Yuki might scale if you think Kenjaku is above Kashimo.
Ishigori Ryu and Uro-Downgraded from Massively Hypersonic+ to Massively Hypersonic. They fought Yuta evenly.
Ryu and Uro do not scale to Hakari.
Fushiguro Toji-He easily fought and defeated Gojo and Geto. He was able to go slightly against Gojo when he was The strongest Sorcerer in the world.
Teen Gojo does not scale to Hakari.
Zenin Maki-She is described as dangerous and on the same level as Toji.
Maki does not scale to Hakari.

Yeah, absolutely not, because Maki outright states that isn’t true, and that is further elaborated by the narrator that Yuta is second to no other sorcerer but Gojo. Point, blank, period.
Doesn’t mean it was regarding speed; Yuta also noted that Hakari is superior to himself when he gets on a roll

So Maki should be able to do the same simply by becoming more skilled and confident.
What is the correlation?

This is the first time Megumi saw Maki after the Zenin clan massacre, why wouldn't it make sense that he think she is different?

This can’t be the case, as Daido outright says she’s become different in response to power.
Also, he can easily be referring to her personality and demeanor rather than her power.

This is an unfounded assumption, considering the fact that Naoya goes from blitzing her, destroying her ribs in one attack, to being incapable as even landing a singular blow against her.

Doesn’t mean it was regarding speed; Yuta also noted that Hakari is superior to himself when he gets on a roll
The kanji for the Japanese scan is “異能”, which translated towards “unusual power; superpower; power beyond humans”. Coupled with the fact that Hakari doesn’t actually have any speed feats that put him above Yuta, I see no reason as to why Hakari would be above him. Especially since, again, Maki denies the statement.

Should in all honesty just scale Yuta and Hakari to each other in speed and once we get more concrete scaling and statements for them then we can bring up the “on a roll statement“ as the statement only supports an ap interpretation even with that being contentious to Yuta’s portrayal in the story as of now.

Should in all honesty just scale Yuta and Hakari to each other in speed and once we get more concrete scaling and statements for them then we can bring up the “on a roll statement“ as the statement only supports an ap interpretation even with that being contentious to Yuta’s portrayal in the story as of now.
I severely doubt it. All Special Grade Sorcrerer’s can overrun an entire nation on their lonesome, and Yuta was the first person that statement was attributed to, all the way back in Volume 0, where Geto thinks Rika can beat 99% of Jujutsu Society, and that if he had Rika, he wouldn’t need all of his curses - the curses that made Geto a special grade to begin with.

Hakari is not ranked Special Grade, and I doubt a suspension would mean they just throw away rating him.

The kanji for the Japanese scan is “異能”, which translated towards “unusual power; superpower; power beyond humans”.
The english says unusual abilities, raw uses unusual power; superpower; power beyond humans. While you might interpret this as it meaning overall power, the english went with a focus on abilities not power and I think thats the better interpretation for the story so far.

The english says unusual abilities, raw uses unusual power; superpower; power beyond humans. While you might interpret this as it meaning overall power, the english went with a focus on abilities not power and I think thats the better interpretation for the story so far.
All of jujutsu is unusual. There’s a reason theres so little of them in the overall scope of the world, much less the Japan. And when we take into account, Yuta’s only real… unusual ability is Rika, and the ability to Copy things. But Yuki has the ability to literally ignore concepts, I don’t think that’s more unusual then her abilities.

I severely doubt it. All Special Grade Sorcrerer’s can overrun an entire nation on their lonesome, and Yuta was the first person that statement was attributed to, all the way back in Volume 0, where Geto thinks Rika can beat 99% of Jujutsu Society, and that if he had Rika, he wouldn’t need all of his curses - the curses that made Geto a special grade to begin with.

Hakari is not ranked Special Grade, and I doubt a suspension would mean they just throw away rating him.
A nation and the jujutsu society aren’t the same, so no that statement isn’t attributed to Yuta first. And I already agree Yuta is above Hakari in power, im saying for speed they can be considered relative until we get more concrete showings.

All of jujutsu is unusual. There’s a reason theres so little of them in the overall scope of the world, much less the Japan. And when we take into account, Yuta’s only real… unusual ability is Rika, and the ability to Copy things. But Yuki has the ability to literally ignore concepts, I don’t think that’s more unusual.
Okay the unusual isn’t being used as an overall in this context so jujutsu itself being unusual is irrelevant. And what you consider unusual also doesn’t matter, this is Gege’s view and he tells us Yuta is second only to Gojo in unusual abilities, making Yuki’s concept ability less unusual than what Yuta has. What does Yuta have? The literal ability to summon a curse to increase his curse energy and unconditionally copy cursed techniques, I’m not gonna flat out say that’s unusual to me but in the context of the jujutsu world only one other sorcerer has been able to control curses and that’s another special grade, Geto. So yes technically Yuta’s ability is far more “unusual”.

What is the correlation?
You don't need a magical full-body amplification (which Maki is unable to gain more of) to have a strong presence.

This can’t be the case, as Daido outright says she’s become different in response to power.
He said she grew, but doesn't mention anything about physical power.

This is an unfounded assumption, considering the fact that Naoya goes from blitzing her, destroying her ribs in one attack, to being incapable as even landing a singular blow against her.
Megumi was just seeing Maki for the first time since Mai's death; he would not be able to make the sort of comparison you are claiming. Also, it is an unfounded assumption that characters cannot comment on each other's personality, especially since in the same page Yuji is explicitly commenting on Maki's personality being strange.
As for the fight, in the former situation, she stood still to counter attack, and allowed Naoya to charge up as much as he want for a single attack. In the latter, she was predicting his movements to help her dodge; her sensory boost would be completely useless if she is dozens of times faster than Naoya, which she still comments is moving at high speed.

Back