• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Sorcerers Powers

Sorcerers Powers

I've created a sandbox for the Sorcerers Powers in verse. I want to have the pages changed so we don't have outdated powers and abilities for the sorcerers in the pages since a lot of this is missing and it is a lot so a Sorcerers Page would be better for the verse.

Agree: @Alexander, @Milly_Rocking_Bandit , @Shey, @Arnoldstone18,EldemadeDityjon, @AdNiBN002, @Duedate8898

Mostly Agree: @Insert_creative_name_here_12, @Dr._whiteee,

Disagree:

Neutral:
@AdNiBN002 (Neutral regarding Conception Manipulation and Invulnerability Negation)

Last edited:
Disagree on pain and curse manipulation justification. People with zero cursed energy have actually shown resistance to curses like current Maki and Toji. Being cursed from their attacks seems to apply to people with low cursed energy rather than zero.

I disagree on damage reduction. That seems to just be very high durability due to the amount of CE being used for reinforcement.

Disagree on pain and curse manipulation justification. People with zero cursed energy have actually shown resistance to curses like current Maki and Toji. Being cursed from their attacks seems to apply to people with low cursed energy rather than zero.

I disagree on damage reduction. That seems to just be very high durability due to the amount of CE being used for reinforcement.
Are you saying that in crossverse the curse energy wouldnt cause pain and curses due to the other character having zero cursed energy?
And damage reduction is pretty blatant, an abundance of curse energy flowing through the body allows them to keep damage to a minimum, this is because the curse energy is covering his entire body more than it does with regular sorcerers, it's like having a cushion of curse energy. Todo does this too here
0130-009.png

I'll add this to damage reduction to show more support for it but yeah.

Are you saying that in crossverse the curse energy wouldnt cause pain and curses due to the other character having zero cursed energy?
And damage reduction is pretty blatant, an abundance of curse energy flowing through the body allows them to keep damage to a minimum, this is because the curse energy is covering his entire body more than it does with regular sorcerers, it's like having a cushion of curse energy. Todo does this too here
0130-009.png

Basically that’s what we’re shown in the series people with zero cursed energy don’t get cursed when hit with the techniques.

Damage Reduction implies they’re restricting damage but not increasing stats. CE by it’s nature does increase stats so it would fall under statistics amplification. The ability to localise it to further increase toughness is the same as HxH’s Ko which is just statistics amplification.

Basically that’s what we’re shown in the series people with zero cursed energy don’t get cursed when hit with the techniques.
cause they built a resistance to it, not due to an inherent resistance.
Damage Reduction implies they’re restricting damage but not increasing stats. CE by it’s nature does increase stats so it would fall under statistics amplification. The ability to localise it to further increase toughness is the same as HxH’s Ko which is just statistics amplification.
Todo literally says he focused all his curse energy to his stomach to minimalize damage that's damage reduction

cause they built a resistance to it, not due to an inherent resistance.

Todo literally says he focused all his curse energy to his stomach to minimalize damage that's damage reduction
What says they built a resistance to it?

But that section of his body would be tougher as we know more CE means higher stats like how Yuji focuses more energy to his fist for more damage.

I don’t care.
My name is Panty, the crazy sexy blondie
And I'm not dumb
I'm breaking the news, now boys! Us girls
We're full-time horny too!

Hey, check out that hot one damn he's got a big one
Delicious
It's time to get dirty now, so will y'all excuse me
Beat the air! I'm busy!

Garterbelt! Again you've dialed D-CITY-2-900
Pantsu line! Copy that, clear the city!

Anarchy! Everyone wants to be me!
Anarchy yeah! Get it up, so I can see!
Anarchy! Let it flow wild and free!
Anarchy yeah! Y'all ready for the gig?!

By the way my name is Stocking, I spit venom
Stinging arrows
And I got sweet tooth for lollipops
Loli goth, I lick good!

These stripes will strip you down
I got no mercy for chiralism
My fans they all love me 'cuz I kick it real tasty
I get high being nasty!

Garterbelt! You keep slappin' my butt around
Pantsu line! Freaky girl comin' your way!

Anarchy yeah! Standing ovation please!
Anarchy! Shake that thing wild and free!
Anarchy yeah! Steady ready for the gig?!

I know you know... those wings inside of you
I know you know... they do get naughty too
Before I go... there's something I want to say
Your sleepy anarchy... Wake it up! Wake it up!

Anarchy yeah!
Y'all ready for the gig?!

She sites it as though it comes from just him not having CE in his body though.
Toji only has the resistance due to him having zero curse energy and that's why he has the resistance, but every person has curse energy and still don't have a resistance and this would still be a thing in crossverse with equalization or not.
image0.jpg

Last edited:
My name is Panty, the crazy sexy blondie
And I'm not dumb
I'm breaking the news, now boys! Us girls
We're full-time horny too!

Hey, check out that hot one damn he's got a big one
Delicious
It's time to get dirty now, so will y'all excuse me
Beat the air! I'm busy!

Garterbelt! Again you've dialed D-CITY-2-900
Pantsu line! Copy that, clear the city!

Anarchy yeah! Y'all ready for the gig?!

By the way my name is Stocking, I spit venom
Stinging arrows
And I got sweet tooth for lollipops
Loli goth, I lick good!

These stripes will strip you down
I got no mercy for chiralism
My fans they all love me 'cuz I kick it real tasty
I get high being nasty!

Garterbelt! You keep slappin' my butt around
Pantsu line! Freaky girl comin' your way!

Anarchy yeah! Standing ovation please!
Anarchy! Shake that thing wild and free!
Anarchy yeah! Steady ready for the gig?!

I know you know... those wings inside of you
I know you know... they do get naughty too
Before I go... there's something I want to say
Your sleepy anarchy... Wake it up! Wake it up!

Anarchy yeah!
Y'all ready for the gig?!
I’ll report you if you detail the thread one more time, stop quoting me.

Toji only has the resistance due to him having zero curse energy and that's why he has the resistance, but every person has curse energy and still don't have a resistance and this would still be a thing in crossverse with equalization or not.
image0.jpg
No it wouldn’t. CE is a thing for JJK humans. We don’t hand out power systems to all verses.

Agree with everything, although the Immortality thing should be about a day, it wasn't up to a few days since Naoya died, just a day and some hours, which was likely spent looking for Maki

It should just be called Cursed Energy since there isn't really a proper physiology in the normal sense here. They're all just using the same Energy.

I disagree with Pain Manipulation, since there is a real genuine lack of scans for that.

Skilled Hand to Hand has to go cause that is a matter of a character and does not come with Cursed Energy or even Sorcery Physiology as its proposed.

I'm generally cautious towards the Concept/Information stuff since that could be more character specfic but how Yaga talks about it, it seems like any sorcery can be taught this so neutral for now.

Damage Reduction is a no since that's more just an example of extreme durability amplifying than directly weakening the attack itself as we understand cursed energy to work.

Accelerated Development and Reactive Evolution are also a no. That statement by Maki isn't specfic enough where I feel confident rewarding those powers to characters who have not proved to show it. This is something character specific as well. If the characters have the feats and showings of Accelerated Development then they get it, simple as that.

Everything else I'm fine with I think.

I disagree with Pain Manipulation, since there is a real genuine lack of scans for that.
0001-042.png

0001-043.png

If not pain mainp then what would you apply for this?

Skilled Hand to Hand has to go cause that is a matter of a character and does not come with Cursed Energy or even Sorcery Physiology as its proposed.
Understandable

Damage Reduction is a no since that's more just an example of extreme durability amplifying than directly weakening the attack itself as we understand cursed energy to work.
0130-009.png

Clear example of a sorcerer doing damage reduction, and I apply this only for high level sorcerers.

Accelerated Development and Reactive Evolution are also a no. That statement by Maki isn't specfic enough where I feel confident rewarding those powers to characters who have not proved to show it. This is something character specific as well. If the characters have the feats and showings of Accelerated Development then they get it, simple as that.
I have applied it to only high level sorcerers, sorcerers like Yuta, Yuji, Megumi, Todo, Gojo, Higuruma. If you think I should show evidence for it I can and I believe Nobara is stated to also grow in combat but I'm unsure about that rn.

Wow, I can't believe that even today, almost more than 2 years after the release of jujutsu kaisen, many people still believe that gojo's infinity is a barrier that you can break with enough strength, it's not strength, it's speed and distance idiots.
it doesn't matter if a character is universal+never, and really, it will never hit gojo if it doesn't have some way to cross infinity,and i have a theory,even if you can go infinite speed,you still not be able to cross infinity,because it will be another infinity(like 0 and 1,when you manage to reach 0,you will be faccing another layer of infinite)

Disagree with Immortality Type 4. They're not coming back to life, but turn into something entirely different due to dying.

Information Analyses seems fine, but disagree with Analytical prediction.

Disagree with Damage Reduction FRA. That scan of Todo is an example of Statistics Amplification.

Disagree with Limited Instinctive Reaction. Not only is this exclusive to Nanami, but it's nothing to do with dodging attacks.

AD seems fine, but definitely disagree with RE.

Hard disagree with Resistance to Soul Manipulation & Biological Manipulation. There's not nearly enough evidence other Sorceres are able to do the same, especially since Nanami did it subconsciously.

Disagree with Resistance to Heat Manipulation & Fire Manipulation. Jogo's Fire Manipulation was not done passively, so being in his presence is not nearly enough for a resistance.

Disagree with Resistance to Limited Analytical Prediction & Information Analysis as well lol. There's nothing regarding Analytical Prediction or Information Analyses in any of the scans.

Neutral on the Conceptual Manipulation stuff for now, but the rest is fine.

It should just be called Cursed Energy since there isn't really a proper physiology in the normal sense here. They're all just using the same Energy.

Everything else I'm fine with I think.
I agree with this

Disagree with Immortality Type 4. They're not coming back to life, but turn into something entirely different due to dying.
type 4 is resurrection in context which is what they do. It fits it.

Disagree with Damage Reduction FRA. That scan of Todo is an example of Statistics Amplification.
He is literally saying he focused curse energy in one spot to minimalize damage

Damage Reduction, also known as Damage Minimalization, is an ability to decrease and reduce the damage the target takes making them harder to defeat or destroy.

This is different from Statistics Reduction, because the opponent's statistics are not reduced, just the damage alone.

This is also different from Statistics Amplification because nothing of their statistics are actually amplified.

He is not amplifying his stats, he is focusing curse energy into one spot and reducing the damge taken.
Disagree with Limited Instinctive Reaction. Not only is this exclusive to Nanami, but it's nothing to do with dodging attacks.
It is not exclusive to Nanami, please read the scan again. Nanami does this Subconsciously: of or concerning the part of the mind of which one is not fully aware but which influences one's actions and feelings.

Instinctive Reaction is the ability to react to oncoming attacks without the need for conscious thought. As such, those with this ability will automatically dodge and possibly counter oncoming attacks through muscle memory or instinct. As a result, the user is free to utilize the mental effort that is normally spent on performing these movements on other things.
0023-009.png

And I give this only to High level Sorcerers, Aka people like Yuta, Gojo, Geto, Todo,

Hard disagree with Resistance to Soul Manipulation & Biological Manipulation. There's not nearly enough evidence other Sorceres are able to do the same, especially since Nanami did it subconsciously.
Subconsciously is not a reason to say others can't.

Disagree with Resistance to Heat Manipulation & Fire Manipulation. Jogo's Fire Manipulation was not done passively, so being in his presence is not nearly enough for a resistance.
You are not reading all of it, Jogo is also able to instantly vaporize metal with a casual attack, while against Sorcerers he is only able to cause large burns that lead to death. I can remove the presence part if you don't agree but the characters definitely resist his heat.

Disagree with Resistance to Limited Analytical Prediction & Information Analysis as well lol. There's nothing regarding Analytical Prediction or Information Analyses in any of the scans.
What? Reading the flow of one's energy allows them to predict where they will release or focus their curse energy. I can remove info analysis.

type 4 is resurrection in context which is what they do. It fits it.
They don't. Dying causes them to turn into curses. They're not reincarnated or resurrected.

He is not amplifying his stats, he is focusing curse energy into one spot and reducing the damge taken.
What do you think focusing all your energy into a single spot does?

It is not exclusive to Nanami, please read the scan again. Nanami does this Subconsciously: of or concerning the part of the mind of which one is not fully aware but which influences one's actions and feelings.
Limited might actually work, sure. But it is definitely exclusive to Nanami.

Subconsciously is not a reason to say others can't.
It is, actually. Because it's not achieved via a training or something similar that would cause others to scale. It's a huge assumption to say others are also somehow protecting their soul subconsciously without any evidence.

I can remove the presence part if you don't agree but the characters definitely resist his heat.
Yeah, my bad. Though I'm not sure why we would scale others to this as well.

Reading the flow of one's energy allows them to predict where they will release or focus their curse energy.
They're just reading their movements via CE; not actually predicting them. You could put it as Limited Resistance to Extrasensory Perception though.

They don't. Dying causes them to turn into curses. They're not reincarnated or resurrected.
that is a form of resurrection. Dying and then coming back. It doesn't matter if they come back as a curse or as something else, it's still resurrection.

What do you think focusing all your energy into a single spot does?
It minimizes the damage in this context.
Limited might actually work, sure. But it is definitely exclusive to Nanami.
It only takes a realizeation of the soul, which is something characters have done. people like Todo do this, I'm not sure why we would limit it to just Nanami.

Yeah, my bad. Though I'm not sure why we would scale others to this as well.
Because Naobito and Nanami can survive the flames while extremely weakened, People such as Yuta, Gojo, Getou, Kashimo, Ryu, would all logically scale far above them.

It is, actually. Because it's not achieved via a training or something similar that would cause others to scale. It's a huge assumption to say others are also somehow protecting their soul subconsciously without any evidence.
I think it's pretty reasonable to assume high level sorcerers have realization of their soul, consider people like Yuta, Gojo, Ryu, Kashimo, Hakari, Getou, they are far more talented and experienced in curse energy use than Nanami. Also Nanami does this just with his curse energy, why would it be believeable for only Nanami but not someone like Yuta?

They're just reading their movements via CE; not actually predicting them. You could put it as Limited Resistance to Extrasensory Perception though.
Lets see what others think for it I guess. I'm fine with esp though.

Dying and then coming back.
They're not coming back though; they turn in something completely else.

It minimizes the damage in this context.
Yeah, due to focusing all his energy into a single point. That's Statistics Amplification; he's minimizing the damage by amplifying his energy in certain areas.

It only takes a realizeation of the soul
it's pretty reasonable to assume high level sorcerers have realization of their soul
I've been over this with someone else as well, but Mahito is implying the opposite for Nanami; he's protecting his soul despite not having done this. ''It's impossible. But it seems [..]'' sets it up as a contrast. Though that's not all it takes regardless..

Also, whatever ''acknowledging the soul'' is is left completely arbitraty and vague within the series.

Because Naobito and Nanami can survive the flames while extremely weakened, People such as Yuta, Gojo, Getou, Kashimo, Ryu, would all logically scale far above them.
Resistance to these abilities are not strength-related though. Unless they gain this resistance via CE there's not really any basis to scale this resistance.

What would you classify it as then?
I've been over this with someone else as well, but Mahito is implying the opposite for Nanami; he's protecting his soul despite not having done this. ''It's impossible. But it seems [..]'' sets it up as a contrast. Though that's not all it takes regardless..

Also, whatever ''acknowledging the soul'' is is left completely arbitraty and vague within the series.
I think it's pretty blatant what realization of the soul means.

Resistance to these abilities are not strength-related though. Unless they gain this resistance via CE there's not really any basis to scale this resistance.
the fire is from curse energy though. They either survived it due to ce or their own body did it, which still shows how weak the flames is. if it's through ce then people like Yuta or Hakari would resist it as well.

Seeing as both instances we know of in terms of a character reincarnating after death, that being Sukuna who was originally a sorcerer and Naoyo, still seem to remember their life before cursed spirit, this is a form of ressurection. Just cause they change into monsters that doesn't mean they're not resurrecting.

The main problem with assuming only Nanami can do this is that not only does Nanami not be the only one to do so, Todo does so as well, but also there's nothing unique about Nanami that would inidcate he's the only one capable of resisting like we have with the likes of Yuji being Sukuna's host. Not to mention, that we also have other characters who acknowledge the soul within the series, the likes of Yaga, Gojo, Yuta, and the old lady who resurrected Toji.

We have no good reason to assume that only Nanami is capable of this.
What's going on with Jogo's heat is very much strength related. Seeing as Gojo, whose Unlimited was down was able just to use CE to defend himself from the passive heat of Jogo's domain and Getou who was with Jogo when he killed all those random civilians, it should stand to reason that the use of CE should allow one to defend themselves against extreme heat.

Sukuna who was originally a sorcerer and Naoyo, still seem to remember their life before cursed spirit, this is a form of ressurection. Just cause they change into monsters that doesn't mean they're not resurrecting.
I'll agree that Immortality Type 4 is probably the best way to describe it.

The main problem with assuming only Nanami can do this is that not only does Nanami not be the only one to do so, Todo does so as well, but also there's nothing unique about Nanami that would inidcate he's the only one capable of resisting like we have with the likes of Yuji being Sukuna's host. Not to mention, that we also have other characters who acknowledge the soul within the series, the likes of Yaga, Gojo, Yuta, and the old lady who resurrected Toji.
Todo's situation is different though. He didn't subconsciously protect his soul, he blatantly resisted it. Though Mahito being weakened did play a part in that.
Nanami not being someone unique would be relevant if he gained this due to training or developing a skill, but it was done subconsciously.

Seeing as Gojo, whose Unlimited was down was able just to use CE to defend himself from the passive heat of Jogo's domain and Getou who was with Jogo when he killed all those random civilians, it should stand to reason that the use of CE should allow one to defend themselves against extreme heat.
Sure. Though that should probably be noted then. ''Resistance to Fire manipulation with CE'' or something similar.

All Sorcerers, even Curses should get Free Movement

Gojo is able to stand on water, obviously through the use of Cursed Energy.

Reggie confirms that reinforcing footing with Cursed Energy prevents him from sinking into Megumi's shadow.

All Sorcerers, even Curses should get Free Movement

Gojo is able to stand on water, obviously through the use of Cursed Energy.

Reggie confirms that reinforcing footing with Cursed Energy prevents him from sinking into Megumi's shadow.

Maybe. Have u got showings of others doing this.

Back