• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Idk, it seems like deconstruction in this panel. But if we dont consider as a dura neg attack, then it will just be Air Manip + Reactive Power level or smth, cant think of anything else

Yup, I think it was High 7-C though it might be dimissed due to actual damage shown.

I think it'd be cool if Vol 0 was an OVA and Hidden Inventory was a movie. What you guys think?
About that. From what I heard Jujutsu Kaisen isn’t going to be 24 episodes. It’s supposed to be 22 Episodes + 2 side stories or OVAs. Kinda like how That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 1 has 2 side stories as the last two episodes. So yeah it’s possibly that we might be getting Volume 0 as the last two episodes. And yeah Star Plasma Vessel Arc being a movie would be nice.

Sukuna and Gojo probably. By Jugo's own admission it will only cause some damage to Sukuna while Gojo is Gojo.

I believe it should scale to Geto, but I’m not sure of other cursed spirits.

Imo, in terms of antag current scaling chains, I think it goes:

Sukuna>>>>>Getou>>>Jojo>>>Dagon>>>Choso=Mahito

Hanami(?)

I believe it should scale to Geto, but I’m not sure of other cursed spirits.

Imo, in terms of antag current scaling chains, I think it goes:

Sukuna>>>>>Getou>>>Jojo>>>Dagon>>>Choso=Mahito

Hanami(?)
Pretty sure Jogo himself stated that he'd lose to the likes of Mahito. Hanami would be below Jogo as it's confirmed by the author that he would simply lose due to elemental affinity. But Hanami has higher dura as Jogo would've died to the attacks Hanami tanked (Black Flashes + Playful Cloud)

Yeah, and it’s already said Mahito is the youngest & weakest. He has AP, but that’s only really displayed against people like Yuji who can take his strikes.

Do you think that cursed spirits like Mahito, Dagon, Jogo, and Hanami can be AE Type 1 due to them being the manifested physical forms of fear of the sea, woods, volcanos, and the hate between humans?

I’ll have to find the statements again, but I feel like they’re some type of AE. Oh well.

Also did I ever talk to you about Mahito having RE / Accelerated Development, along with Yuji?

Well, let’s look back. He mastered Domain Expansion within his first usage (while someone like Megumi still has an incomplete one), and nearly activated Black Flash again within minutes of first using it (till Todo switched positions with him & Yuji hit him). I’ll go with either or, but I say RE.

I'm not sure if Black Flash gives MHS + reaction, as Itadori barely responded to the Chozo's supersonic attacks.
In addition, they can do this only with the control of internal energy inside the body, and for this it is not clear how much speed is needed.

Found some interesting stuff. Mahito manages to take a bit of damage to his physical body from Mechamaru’s Ultimate Cannon, which should be undoubtably stronger than the one he used on Panda, since it’s a years worth of cursed energy. Along with actually taking a strike from Mechamaru. Along with having enough physical strength to physically damage the armor.

Rereading the goodwill event

Todo basically gives a whole exposition on cursed energy and why Yuji's divergent fist is flawed and holding him back (he basically thinking to hard and of his arms as a separate entity etc. which nerfs his flow of cursed energy at least that's my interpretation)

So with the flow of cursed energy in mind... Black flash. When cursed energy is applied within .000001 seconds (mhs+ btw) of a physical hit, space is distorted and cursed energy flashes black

Nanami has exposition about it, you can either be extremely lucky an achieve it, or just be really skilled (fast). So if a character could use it at will, with every attack, they'd have mhs+ reaction time. But also, if they consecutively use it (like Yuji did) they'd have mhs+ reaction time for that short time.

Opinion's?
I don't think characters landing a perfect millionth-of-a-second precision attack is enough to say they can REACT within that time frame, I'd like to point that out now before you guys begin overestimating the speed of characters from the story. Let me add in a few data points...
  1. Real life human beings who play videogames on a moderately high level or know of high level players probably now that it's perfectly possible to have players perform frame-perfect, pixel-perfect movements consistently by timing them right. These people cannot react to an attack done within 1/60th of a second, and if I were to show up in front of Hungrybox (the Smash Bros Melee player) or TGH (the Celeste speedrunner) and punch them in the face so fast that my fist took 1/60th of a second to reach them from the start of the attack, they would not be able to react in any way at all and would be entirely blitzed by my Faster-Than-Eye attack.
  2. What allows a person to time a move with the precision of a millionth of a second is not reaction speed, but simply precision, dexterity, timing. They do not react within a millionth of a second, they plan ahead and have the motor coordination (precision) to do something that requires a millionth-of-a-second timing. Of course, no human being in real life can do this, but it still says nothing about the characters's reaction speed, movement speed or even combat speed for that matter.
  3. If a character could time their jiryoku to land Black Flashes relatively consistently (as in, so long as they were trying they had a multiple tens of percentage points high chance of landing it right), this would definitely not be sufficient evidence to suggest they have a millionth-of-a-second reaction time. However, they could have a reaction speed at a significant, albeit small, fraction of that, just like humans who react at stuff that happens within a tenth of a second can then consistently execute 1/60th of a second timing, or less consistently execute timing at 1/120th or 1/144th of a second (higher frame rates).
Wanted to get this through before characters start to be lowballed. This is mainly because I firmly believe that Itadori Yuuji is likely to eventually acquire this exact ability, that is, the ability to consistently land Black Flashes on his opponents.

Back