• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JTTW Additions & Changes CRT

This Thread is going to be covering a few additions and changes, most concerning the Buddhism Physiology & Sun Wukong Page along with some rewording. There are also a few things in the Cosmology that I wish to have reworded and added to so it is easier to understand.

Sun Wukong's Abilities
This just means Sun Wukong's Abilities/Powers come from a Higher Dimensional Source nothing more.

Sun Wukong's Resistances
Transcendent Monk's Resistances
Bodhisattvas Abilities
The Bodhisattva's Void Manipulation should be removed. It was based on a misunderstanding as it is explaining their transcendence and state of emptiness.
Bodhisattvas Resistances
Buddhas Abilities
Buddhas Resistances
You can see the rewordings and final product of everything I wish to apply here: Sun Wukong, Buddhism Physiology Blog & JTTW Cosmology Blog.

Last edited:
On a side note will other JTTW characters get profiles in the future? (At least the non-controversial ones).

It kinda just seems strange to build an entire verse page and physiology page just for one character imo.

Overall things look solid from what I can understand.

On a side note will other JTTW characters get profiles in the future? (At least the non-controversial ones).

It kinda just seems strange to build an entire verse page and physiology page just for one character imo.

Actually working on one for Nezha at the moment.

Tang Sanzang. He has a physical feat of brutally murdering the killer of his father with unknown weapon . Also, Tang Sanzang has Buddha key too.

Should include resistances to madness hax type 2 and 3 and emphatic manipulation as well.

Should include resistances to madness hax type 2 and 3 and emphatic manipulation as well.
I mean I mentioned Thoughts, Feelings, Decisions, etc.

This Thread is going to be covering a few additions and changes, most concerning the Buddhism Physiology & Sun Wukong Page along with some rewording. There are also a few things in the Cosmology that I wish to have reworded and added to so it is easier to understand.

Sun Wukong's Abilities
Adding a scan for this might be useful. But sure
This just means Sun Wukong's Abilities/Powers come from a Higher Dimensional Source nothing more.

Sun Wukong's Resistances
Hmm, seems like precognition (through dreams) for the dragon king.
  • Possible Biological Manipulation (Fought against the entirety of Heaven yet was uninjured and couldn't be executed by them. That would include the Five Plagues. These are suggested to be phenomena that make your eyes bleed, nose bleed, ears pus, jaw lock & make anything you taste seem foul.)
Resistance to disease manip
Not sure what this would be exactly, but probably just concept manip.
some resistances seems a bit far fetched just from that statement, no?
this is just durability thing
Also thunder isn't very loud, so no sound manip.
Suppose
Transcendent Monk's Resistances
Sure
Wouldn't this simply be concept hax resistance? Unless there is more verse context
Not sure tbh... It's a bit vague for me ngl
What I said above about it
Bodhisattvas Abilities
This ability is confusing, so I will see what others say
Just creation
You might want to add negation next to Immortality
Not seeing how this is space time hax?
Seems like either power null or energy manip, depending on how this thing occurs. Not seeing any negation nullification
The Bodhisattva's Void Manipulation should be removed. It was based on a misunderstanding as it is explaining their transcendence and state of emptiness.
Okay
Bodhisattvas Resistances
In what ways does this void harm people? Cause existing in void is rather fearless in general without further verse context
Can you explain this a bit more?
Ok
I think limited resistance might be more fitting
Buddhas Abilities
Seems just like power mimicry
Buddhas Resistances
Ig
What I said above for the same thing
What I said above for these

Adding a scan for this might be useful. But sure

Hmm, seems like precognition (through dreams) for the dragon king.
I dont think so, here's the context. The Dragon King broke the Laws of Heaven by making it rain when it was not supposed to. He got scared because he knew he was going to be executed so he asked for a King's protection.

In the scene shown, the King and his subject were playing Chess and the subject fell asleep. He carried out the execution by cutting off the Dragon's head in a dream, specifically stated IN a dream. In the dream, they were in the clouds so the Dragon King's head fell from the sky.

Resistance to disease manip
Fair enough.
some resistances seems a bit far fetched just from that statement, no?
Well, either bypass means they don't have them at all, or they can ignore them. And Mental Projections in Buddhism include all of those things surprisingly enough.
this is just durability thing
Also thunder isn't very loud, so no sound manip.
I doubt its durability, if it was just Sun Wukong it would make sense, but it's also Tang Monk. He has never fought a day in his life and has no special powers at all. It's stated they earned special bodies that can't be corrupted alongside all that other stuff.

I will remove the Sound Manipulation though.
Wouldn't this simply be concept hax resistance? Unless there is more verse context
Yes, before the Universe was created the Yin-Yang was simply Chaos, dualities weren't a thing and everything was messy and undefined. Even Heaven and Earth were just one mass, everything ethereal and non-ethereal being one.
Not sure tbh... It's a bit vague for me ngl
Having no Increase or Decrease usually means not changing, but depending on other people's thoughts I'll just put down Possibly if it comes to it.
What I said above about it
K
This ability is confusing, so I will see what others say
Fair
Just creation
The Five Phases are Wood, Fire, Earth, Water & Metal alongside being conceptual, so it should be Elemental Manipulation right?
You might want to add negation next to Immortality
Gotcha
Not seeing how this is space time hax?
The Great way is a part of The Dharma which Bodhisattvas can utilize to an Infinite & Boundless extent. The Great Way was responsible for entire Universes being created with their own Space-Times inside of grains of sand.

So basically it's Space-Time Manipulation for being able to create Space-Times.
Seems like either power null or energy manip, depending on how this thing occurs. Not seeing any negation nullification
I'll change it to Power Null then. It comes from the fact that calamities can negate Invulnerability and Negation, meaning when you dispel them you negated those properties as well.
In what ways does this void harm people? Cause existing in void is rather fearless in general without further verse context
Void and Nonexistence are interchangeable within the novel.
Can you explain this a bit more?
Upon reaching a certain stage of their transcendence Bodhisattva's have volition removed from them, volition means will.
I think limited resistance might be more fitting
Fair
Seems just like power mimicry
Fair

What I said above for the same thing
I addressed this above
What I said above for these
Ya, I'm willing to put a possible here since it is vague.

Last edited:
I dont think so, here's the context. The Dragon King broke the Laws of Heaven by making it rain when it was not supposed to. He got scared because he knew he was going to be executed so he asked for a King's protection.

In the scene shown, the King and his subject were playing Chess and the subject fell asleep. He carried out the execution by cutting off the Dragon's head in a dream, specifically stated IN a dream. In the dream, they were in the clouds so the Dragon King's head fell from the sky.
Hmm okay
I doubt its durability, if it was just Sun Wukong it would make sense, but it's also Tang Monk. He has never fought a day in his life and has no special powers at all. It's stated they earned special bodies that can't be corrupted alongside all that other stuff.
I mean, I don't really see how that's relevant?
Yes, before the Universe was created the Yin-Yang was simply Chaos, dualities weren't a thing and everything was messy and undefined. Even Heaven and Earth were just one mass, everything ethereal and non-ethereal being one.
I don't think that grants chaos resistance. But our chaos manip page is pretty bad ngl, so no clue. But personally I am not seeing it.
The Five Phases are Wood, Fire, Earth, Water & Metal alongside being conceptual, so it should be Elemental Manipulation right?
I mean creation already covers it.
The Great way is a part of The Dharma which Bodhisattvas can utilize to an Infinite & Boundless extent. The Great Way was responsible for entire Universes being created with their own Space-Times inside of grains of sand.
A bit confusing, but ig works

Void and Nonexistence are interchangeable within the novel.
I don't get the new standards of NEP too well, so will let someone else handle it

I mean, I don't really see how that's relevant?
Because that makes no sense though. How would being durable be the answer when they specifically say thunder, lightning, and mist? It specifically says he obtained a special body that could protect things even external to him from those three things. It didn't say oh, our bodies are now so strong we can't be harmed by them. It specifically says protected.

And wouldn't it still be resistance since they can basically no-sell the lightning, fog, and thunder either way?
I don't think that grants chaos resistance. But our chaos manip page is pretty bad ngl, so no clue. But personally I am not seeing it.'
They already have Conceptual Manip Resistance from the Yin-Yang, Chaos which is something formed from the Yin-Yang should be a given.
I mean creation already covers it.
Fair

Because that makes no sense though. How would being durable be the answer when they specifically say thunder, lightning, and mist? It specifically says he obtained a special body that could protect things even external to him from those three things. It didn't say oh, our bodies are now so strong we can't be harmed by them. It specifically says protected.

And wouldn't it still be resistance since they can basically no-sell the lightning, fog, and thunder either way?
I still think it comes down to Dura but eh. aside from electricity, fog and sound stuff don't work.

I still think it comes down to Dura but eh. aside from electricity, fog and sound stuff don't work.
Alright, I changed things that are a bit iffy, to Possible. Is that all you had issues with? (Besides NEP, I'll get someone with a better understanding of it to look over it.)

Sure. I locked the pages. All that is this left is waiting for DontTalkDT's inputs, right?

Imo the profile should be deleted. This is basically Buddhist metaphysics. I don't see why it should be an exception.

Kaput, Wukong is already accepted as it lacks out of context materials such as any religious text that is outside of the novel.

This is not true. Many concepts of Tibetan and Chinese Buddhism are (mis)used. At least the last two keys should be removed.

With this logic, all Hindu gods coming out of the Mahabaratha and the Ramayana are feasible.

This is not true. Many concepts of Tibetan and Chinese Buddhism are (mis)used. At least the last two keys should be removed.

With this logic, all Hindu gods coming out of the Mahabaratha and the Ramayana are feasible.
It's in the JTTW novel, go read the book and you'll find a lot of these things lying around.

It's in the JTTW novel, go read the book and you'll find a lot of these things lying around.

I have read the justifications. Not to mention their relevance, it's Buddhist religious metaphysics. I don't see what more there is to say. The authors of JTTW did not intend to write fiction. When they talk about dharmakaya they were not thinking "so remember, this is the dharmakaya according to us, not the real dharmakay of the IRL religion". They were taking the religious conceptions of their environment and incorporating them into the mythical narrative of Sun Wukong. There is no distinction.

Back