• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both in this 8-B forms.

Speed equalized.

Who wins?

Jonathan jojoeoh
"I'm fighting to protect my family from those that wish it harm, I doubt very much that your resolve is equal to mine."

SOLID SNAKE 2

Damn. If they start with the sneaking, then Solid Snake can probably avoid being detected by Jonathan (Unless hhHhhhhhHamon has something for that), but in a straight up fight Jonathan wins via durability negation and Bio Manip.

Then again, HhhhHHHHHhhhhHHghHamon can be realeased as an AoE thing, which could hit the snake while he's sneaking, so overall I guess I vote Jonathan.

I don't see that on Snake's profile, but it could just be missing it.

Jonathan was able to force snake venom back out of the wounds they entered from, and had enough focus to do that while in a melee fight against a huge zombie and a bunch of snakes, so I think the sleeping dart will just be a way for Snake to give away his position.

Snake has tranquilizer guns, which aparently are strong enough to put an elephant to sleep, and those are silent enough to not give up her position on the games.

And the ragular soldiers in MGS are alredy physically and biologically enhanced.

The strength of the injection doesn't matter when it can be immediately ejected back out of the body, and Jonathan would easily be able to deduce which direction the shot came from.

Well, if genome soldiers and soldiers with far, far more experience than Jonathan cannot figure out where Snake is...

And Jonathan could only extract the vampiric essence from his body because his vein was already cut, we have never seen him burst out his own veins in character.

I'm referring to the scene where he was bitten many times by venomous, undead snakes, and pushed the venom back out through the bite marks they made. By puncturing the skin, the dart is creating the opening for him.

Scenario 1 (Stealth): Snake fires a tranq, Jonathan feels it, pulls out the dart and ejects the venom, realizes there's an enemy nearby, and discharges Hamon into the environment to damage Snake if he's too close. If Snake is far away enough or there's no metal in the environment, he may be able to continue avoiding Jonathan, in which case the only way he could probably take Jonathan down is with projectile potshots.

But this would likely let Jonathan know where he is, and even if he can't directly see Snake he can certainly charge in that direction and just start destroying cover until he finds him. Snake might not be able to flee without giving away his position, and if Jonathan gets withing melee range it's over for Snake.

All in all, I feel like there's a higher probability of Jonathan winning, even if it's not certain.

Jonathan should be around 64 times stronger than Snake physically and he's twice as powerful as Snake's most powerful weapons. He can also squeeze the tranquilizer venom out of him just like Jordan mentioned.

Snake definitely could take it in some instances, but most outcomes would probably end in Jonathan punching him in the face once and winning.

Okay, okay.

Its just that seeing Solid Snake losing in this kind of matchup is surprising me quite a bit.

Does Jonathan have a way to detect Snake even if he is able to hide from super-soldiers naturally?

I mean, Jonathan could detect Jack the Ripper with hamon, but he is a slow, dumb zombie.

Snake is arguably far more experienced than Jonathan, who only trained for around 2 weeks in Part 1, and would be outmatched by Snake´s SQC.

Snake also has the stealth camo, which can make him invisible, and place some C4s or some of his most powerful bombs and trick Jonathan into stepping on them.

Flash and Smoke grenades could also work since Jonathan has no way eye-protection stuff around.

Snake could also remotely shoot Stinger Missiles from far away, and i dont think Jonathan can track where a missle has come from if he is far away.

What i mean is, it is quite unlikely that Snake would find himself in close range against Jonathan.

This is a decisive win if not borderline stomp for Jonathan.

He can resist tranqulizer via ejecting the poison out of his body, he should be much much more stronger than Snake in this fight, and he has his hamon, which is significantly better than any lack of hand to hand experience against Snake. Even a pinch can be used to mindcontrol a target, and with adaquete amounts it is able to cause organ failure. That's not good against someone who's actively grappling what is basically an electrical rod.

Then you have the fact that Jonathan likely resists his bullets with relative ease and can use his enviornment (central park) to escape them anyways if he gets too overwhelmed.

I'm voting Jonathan with little to no difficulty.

He can resist tranqulizer via ejecting the poison out of his body

Tranq Shots are just one of Snake´s various attacks.

he should be much much more stronger than Snake in this fight

Snake has fought enemies far stronger than himself, he does not rely on brute force, not ever.

Even a pinch can be used to mindcontrol a target, and with adaquete amounts it is able to cause organ failure. That's not good against someone who's actively grappling what is basically an electrical rod.

Solid scales to Big Boss, who has endured a couple tens of thousands of bolts, but hey, CQC is only something Solid relies to if he is forced to.

Then you have the fact that Jonathan likely resists his bullets with relative ease and can use his enviornment (central park) to escape them anyways if he gets too overwhelmed.

Snake can literally blend to the surfaces of the park with Octo-Camo, and Snake has various weapons that are not bullet-based, like his explosives and Stinger Missiles.

Little to no difficulty

I dont want to start more conflict with you because you create a scene, but you really, really are giving us all the image that you just vote Jojo and downplay anything else in every thread.

Snake fighting stronger enemies then himself doesn't really demonstrate a way for him to beat Jonathan. It's pointless to bring up if he can't harm his opponent. Jonathan is well beyond one-shot range.

SBA indicates that they start from outside their standard effective range in Central Park. So yeah Snake can stealth, but if that's all he's doing then he's not going to be able to harm Jonathan (even with his bullets) and now he's stalling. Jonathan has used his hamon as a radar before. It will aid in narrowing down where Snake is and fighting him. It's also out of character for Snake to purely stealth a boss battle out, he makes himself known in nearly ever boss fight ever.

The moment he touches or gets grabbed by Jonathan, it will immediately snowball into a victory for Jonathan. He will be mindhaxed and quickly succumb to organ failure. He doesn't know any of this either, so no avoiding it unless he plays out of character.

I vote characters that I believe will win. I'm not downplaying Snake, I like him, I just don't think he has much in his arsenal to beat Jonathan. Sorry if you think I only vote JoJo, I guess that's because I only hang out in JoJo threads most of the time.

I already told you, bullets are not everything Snake has going for him, yet you continue to repeat that. He can hurt Jonathan with explosives, and he could trick Jonathan into stepping on them or triggering them, Jonathan cannot track invisble opponents (Snake with Stealth Camo or Octo-Camo) even with Hamon, the best he could possibly do (If we were to compare Snake to Jack the Ripper, who is a dumb zombie) is Jonathan being able to sense Snake thru a wall, which is again, unlikely because they are in central park and Snake not being aware of his surroundings.

You are telling me that jonathan wins in close quarters, and you might be right (if Snake´s far, far superior experience and martial arts skills dont have anything to say about that.), but you are ignoring the fact that it is quite unlikely that Jonathan would be even able to get into that range with Snake´s stealth and long range weaponry.

And, i do think so.

You always vote Jojo in any thread.

What do his explosives scale to? I doubt they are within the range of being able to damage Jonathan, so it likely does not matter what he has unless it can negate durability.

Jonathan's hamon seeps into the ground making a radar-like effect, similar to Toph from Avatar. That is how he tracks Snake. It doesn't matter if he's invisible, he's still connected to the ground for the most part and can be tracked. You also still ignore that it's largely out of charcter for Snake to abuse his stealth against a majority of his bosses.

Yeah John wins in close quarters, not because of skill but because touching him is a very bad idea. Snake will be pumped full of hamon and find himself unable to move; Jonathan performed this with just a pinch. From there Jonathan OHKO's him pretty easily.

Confirmation bias, but okay. I do vote JoJo, so? There's no rule against it. You bringing it up is largely irrelevant, as if you're informing me something I didn't realize.

Now, if you truly are unbiased, read up on Snake´s profile and write up a way for Jonathan to track Snake down and somehow get him on close range despite his exposibles, traps and long range missles.

And Smoke/blinding grenades, lets not forget about those, which would just make it far more unlikely.

Well, ignoring that Snake has other methods of hurting Jonathan other than "bullets" is a pretty big red flag, which does imply that you do not have the information necessary to make a vote.

Anyways, i forgot to say that Snake´s tranq guns are able to make Elephants fall to sleep.

I know jonathan can shoot out the tranq from his body, but how many times, and how fast? Because if he is shot multiple times, i can see him eventually falling asleep.

I'm pretty knowledgeble on MGS, dude. I've played three games and I've already looked over the profiles before commenting. His explosives, traps and long range missles lack any AP to harm Jonathan. His body has tanked a 64 ton explosion staying relatively okay, even without access to Regenerationn for 100 years.

Smoke and blinding grenades are distractions, his hamon radar still lets him feel where Snake is within a general proximity of himself.

I've voted JoJo. This is the last time I'm commenting due to the toxicity from you

I'm pretty sure foxdie is relatively slow, no?

Jonthan took a single breath of hamon and the poison from a snake/vampire thing was instantly ejected out of his neck. I'm assuming that's the maximum steps he needs to take to remove poison and other substances out of his body.

That's my real last comment.

Jonathan is not experienced enough to track Snake down. It would just be a case of Snake constantly shooting Jonathan with missiles, tranquilizing, tricking him into stepping on mines until he gives in.

And FoxDie would eventually just kill him, so stalling IS an advantage for Solid Snake.

Tell me how Jonathan with his 2 weeks of prep can track Snake down and his tech.

Implying a disease that instantly binds to the victim's DNA is even remotely comparable to snake venom

Oh, sorry @Weekly. I didn't know it instantly binded to DNA. In that case Jonathan may not be able to eject it out. It's still out of character for Snake to hide during boss fights though, so I think Jonathan still KO's him first, and depending on how fast it will act, this is either a win for him or inconclusive in general.

I still vote Jonathan. This is my real real last comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back