• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo Stand User Bracket Round 2 Match 2 (Kakyoin vs Polnareff) (6-6-0)

Hmm. Well, since speed is equal, pols gonna have a tough time. Now with his armor, sc can take some hits before it starts damaging Pol himself, but not many. Do u think Pol would take his armor off or fire his sword against kak? He does know kak is a ranged stand user after all. With the fact that he has parried blows from sp before, he should be able to deflect some emeralds. Idk if he can do them all tho, since speed is equal.

Following for more Polnaref arguments.

For now the difference is that kakyoin mostly distant fighter while Polnaref is CQC fighter. Can Polnaref get close to kakyoin? Probably but Kakyoin can also do Spiderman thing. I wouldn't talk about one being more strategic then another cause it's Jojo, everyone even if not realize it is very strategic.

So probably I'll vote for Kakyoin for now via keeping distance as well as likely prepare a trap. Also drawing picture with dead Polnaref gg.

The thing is, they basically know how the other would fight, except for stuff like the emerald web, and pols sword shooting.

True, which I guess should mean that Kakyoin is aware of Polnaref's trump card aka minus armor plus speed but unaware on one of the SC attacks (shooting blade) which can be useful but at same time, if failed makes Polnaref open for attack.

Polnaref in other hand is mostly unaware of most Kakyoin's techniques including emerald web/splash trap, so for now I think Kakyoin should have advantage here.

True, which I guess should mean that Kakyoin is aware of Polnaref's trump card aka minus armor plus speed but unaware on one of the SC attacks (shooting blade) which can be useful but at same time, if failed makes Polnaref open for attack.

Polnaref in other hand is mostly unaware of most Kakyoin's techniques including emerald web/splash trap, so for now I think Kakyoin should have advantage here.
Does kak use the emerald web in char, or is it just used to draw out enemy abilities.

Does kak use the emerald web in char, or is it just used to draw out enemy abilities.
He used it when he and Joseph tried to escape from Dio. So I guess he should be able to do it when Polnaref will get closer. I also guess Kakyoin used that Emerald Splash trap against Jotaro when he was flexing by drawing.

If Polnareff was pissed here, I could see him getting this, if hes angry as shit Chariot's range increases, he becomes stronger and faster when he is angry as well, the amp is potent enough to the point Vanilla Ice was surprised at the speed where Chariot was going when it was angry, include the fact Polnareff could use the armor off technique allows him to be more faster than before, potentially blitzing Kakyoin.

If you look at Polnareff's stat amp justification, it leads to the imgur, look at the very bottom and it states there
"As obviously shown, Chariot is bouncing around a room that's almost 15m wide and almost 60m long while an immobile Pol in the center of the room can't move."
Enraged Polnareff just needs to close in on Kakyoin while he is, i don't know 14 meters away from Kak for my boy Silver Chariot to attack him from that range since him being pissed off allows him to cross that range.

If Polnareff was pissed here, I could see him getting this, if hes angry as shit Chariot's range increases, he becomes stronger and faster when he is angry as well, the amp is potent enough to the point Vanilla Ice was surprised at the speed where Chariot was going when it was angry, include the fact Polnareff could use the armor off technique allows him to be more faster than before, potentially blitzing Kakyoin.

If you look at Polnareff's stat amp justification, it leads to the imgur, look at the very bottom and it states there
"As obviously shown, Chariot is bouncing around a room that's almost 15m wide and almost 60m long while an immobile Pol in the center of the room can't move."
Enraged Polnareff just needs to close in on Kakyoin while he is, i don't know 14 meters away from Kak for my boy Silver Chariot to attack him from that range since him being pissed off allows him to cross that range.
Starting range is 15m So not too difficult. Since this is sba, Pol should be enraged from the start right?

I think Polneraff should be able to beat him before Kakyoin pulls out the web since he only really used it against Dio cause he had no idea what Dio's abilities were and they were trying to escape. Here, it's a 1v1 and Kakyoin is fairly knowledgeable on Pol's abilities.

Since it’s sba, and in char, enraged Pol walks like, 3 feet forwards,violently knocks kak out. Pol has my (not biased) vote.

Pol takes this via having better chances on a close combat, something he'd try to do. I don't see how Kaky would simply run away to have an advantage.

Counted but doesn't Kak kinda start off with a decent chance to stay out of range with the 15 meter starting distance?

Well kak, doesn’t really back away when he fights to my knowledge. He kinda just stays put and starts firing.

Pol would just follow him lmao, the distance is basically (initial distance - 1m) because of Chariot's range, and if Pol gets angry, Chariot range increases to like, 3m I guess.

polnareff doesn't really have a counter for the 20 meter emerald splash though, or the emerald splash in general if I'm being honest

after reading the above stuff
did people forget that kakyoin is a ranged fighter? there's no reason kakyoin would let him get close when he has knowledge of his abilities, and if polnareff tries to just run at him then he can just web swing away or whatever, or literally just run away normally
there's really nothing that suggests polnareff win is the problem

I don't see why Silver Chariot couldn't deflect the emerald splash, tbh, especially without armor

Polnareff FRA btw

I don't see why Silver Chariot couldn't deflect the emerald splash, tbh, especially without armor
a few reasons
1. each emerald splash launches a ton of emeralds, not just a single hol horse bullet
2. there's no reason that polnareff should be able to get into range anyways
3. 20 meter emerald splash trap
4. Kakyoin could try using stealth at some point in the fight like he does vs jotaro at first

and number 4 can't be dismissed via "out of character" since obviously their strategies change depending on the opponent, it's not like he was gonna try and sneak up against death thirteen or
wait actually he kinda did do that

Back