• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Johnny Test vs Shinji Ikari (Johnny Test vs Neon Genesis Evangelion)

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
Both are 7-A, so why not?

Johnny Test vs Shinji Ikari.

7-A keys will be used (Johnny X vs Evangelion Unit-01 Shinji).

Equipment for Johnny will be restricted (though he will get some if he needs it).

Speed will be equalized (obviously).

Fight takes place in Tokyo-3.

Depression: 2 (Overlord, Lonkitt)

Whip Crack:

Inconclusive:

elAZNny.png

Last edited:
Johnny: 200 Megatons, 600 Megatons as his durability.

Shinji: 112.49 Megatons, 1.92 Gigatons with AT Fields.

Johnny holds a ~1.8x AP advantage, and Shinji holds a 9.6x AP advantage with his AT Fields, and a 3.2x advantage between his AT Fields and Johnny's durability.

i've only really watched the first EVA and basically remember none of it but I could try to give some input

Both are gonna have one hell of a time actually damaging the other since Shinji's AT Fields are basically gonna eat most of what Johnny can dish out well Shinji can't exactly damage Test due to his smaller size and massive durability advantage above his AP alongside ways to regenerate if damaged.

Given Johnny's Size and Maneuverability in X he'll be far harder to hit than the EVA and thanks to Johnny's spammable attacks and massive AOE with them, he'll be bale to hit Shinji far more often but again the EVA's A.T Fields basically make it impossible for these attacks to properly damage the EVA itself.

The EVA could outlast Johnny in Stamina cause its got limitless well Johnny is gonna eventually tire out from trying to break the AT Field with the only real way to take it out is with something designed to do that or a superior AT Field.

Honestly what could Johnny do to get through the AT Field? he has higher lifting strength but getting up-close isn't gonna last long cause the EVA could just shockwave blast him off him and AP isn't breaking the passive forcefield anytime.

i've only really watched the first EVA and basically remember none of it but I could try to give some input

Both are gonna have one hell of a time actually damaging the other since Shinji's AT Fields are basically gonna eat most of what Johnny can dish out well Shinji can't exactly damage Test due to his smaller size and massive durability advantage above his AP alongside ways to regenerate if damaged.

Given Johnny's Size and Maneuverability in X he'll be far harder to hit than the EVA and thanks to Johnny's spammable attacks and massive AOE with them, he'll be bale to hit Shinji far more often but again the EVA's A.T Fields basically make it impossible for these attacks to properly damage the EVA itself.

The EVA could outlast Johnny in Stamina cause its got limitless well Johnny is gonna eventually tire out from trying to break the AT Field with the only real way to take it out is with something designed to do that or a superior AT Field.

Honestly what could Johnny do to get through the AT Field? he has higher lifting strength but getting up-close isn't gonna last long cause the EVA could just shockwave blast him off him and AP isn't breaking the passive forcefield anytime.
Looks like the definition of an Incon.

Both of them really have no way of finishing each other off.

Looks like the definition of an Incon.

Both of them really have no way of finishing each other off.
I mean if I really had pick one than i'd say the EVA would just outlast Johnny, Shinji could very easily wait for Johnny to exhaust himself then end the fight with a lucky gun shot or stab him with a knife that'll split right through him.

I mean if I really had pick one than i'd say the EVA would just outlast Johnny, Shinji could very easily wait for Johnny to exhaust himself then end the fight with a lucky gun shot or stab him with a knife that'll split right through him.
Can Johnny find a way to utilize his LS advantage?

Plus, it's going to take a long, long while to tire Johnny out.

"Unit-01 can be easily separated from its Umbilical Cord and only has 5 minutes of internal battery (can somewhat be remedied with extra battery packs)."

This actually says that Unit-01 doesn't have infinite stamina, so Johnny can actually use this weakness to his advantage.

"Unit-01 can be easily separated from its Umbilical Cord and only has 5 minutes of internal battery (can somewhat be remedied with extra battery packs)."

This actually says that Unit-01 doesn't have infinite stamina, so Johnny can actually use this weakness to his advantage.
says right next to it "limitless with S² Engine" which is part of its standard equipment.

Wait...

Can't Johnny teleport inside the Unit-01 and maybe destroy it from the inside?

Johnny has tons of experience with mechs if you watched the show, so I'm pretty sure he'd figure this out.

not sure since EVA's have organs and aren't really fully robotic from what I remember
I'm not knowledgeable on EVA at all, so I'm not sure whether or not Johnny can actually teleport inside.

Though does it even make a difference if the EVA's have organs? If anything, that's even more detrimental to them, as Johnny can attack from inside and destroy the organs.

I'm not knowledgeable on EVA at all, so I'm not sure whether or not Johnny can actually teleport inside.

Though does it even make a difference if the EVA's have organs? If anything, that's even more detrimental to them, as Johnny can attack from inside and destroy the organs.
neither am I and it'd really depend if Johnny would actually do that since its practically alive in a sense.

neither am I and it'd really depend if Johnny would actually do that since its practically alive in a sense.
I don't think Johnny would know the EVA has organs inside. He'd just see it as your average mech he faces every few episodes throughout his show. Teleporting inside and destroying it from there isn't OOC for Johnny to do, given his solid levels of experience in dealing with mechs.

I just want to say that I'm not confident in the arguments made here and there's a good chance that a EVA supporter is going to cremate me if they see this.

I’m just gonna ignore the teleportation organ discussion for a sec because tbh I don’t think that’s as important

I’d like to dispel the belief here that Shinji can’t harm Johnny. He absolutely can. Remember, A.T. Fields can also be used offensively, so Test can certainly be harmed. Additionally, smaller size wouldn’t exactly matter. I mean, I’m not saying it couldn’t be dodged, but given the range of an A.T. Field attack, smaller size may not be the problem in terms of whether it can hit somebody or not

However, I think this might be a mismatch? How would Shinji get around time stop?

I’d like to dispel the belief here that Shinji can’t harm Johnny. He absolutely can. Remember, A.T. Fields can also be used offensively, so Test can certainly be harmed. Additionally, smaller size wouldn’t exactly matter. I mean, I’m not saying it couldn’t be dodged, but given the range of an A.T. Field attack, smaller size may not be the problem in terms of whether it can hit somebody or not
Yes. Johnny can be harmed, but his dura hax (Toon Force, Regen, Elasticity, Immense Pain Tolerance) circumvents that.

Also, about range, Johnny can teleport as far as space, so Johnny can teleport wherever he wants, whenever he wants in order to avoid Shinji's attacks.

Yes. Johnny can be harmed, but his dura hax (Toon Force, Regen, Elasticity, Immense Pain Tolerance) circumvents that.
I’m not denying those would be useful, but Shinji would certainly be capable of damaging Johnny to where he wouldn’t be able to regenerate. I don’t think his level of regen is enough to say he circumvents the A.T. Field AP advantage, especially given how high it is

Organ attacks don't work, the A.T Field isn't just a barrier around the outside of the body, it's an aura that extends from the inside out

All parts of the EVA are protected by it, including the insides.

I’m not denying those would be useful, but Shinji would certainly be capable of damaging Johnny to where he wouldn’t be able to regenerate. I don’t think his level of regen is enough to say he circumvents the A.T. Field AP advantage, especially given how high it is
Fairs.

But then again, this goes back to me saying that Johnny can just teleport inside the Unit 0-1 and attack it from there.

Organ attacks don't work, the A.T Field isn't just a barrier around the outside of the body, it's an aura that extends from the inside out

But if Johnny's inside the EVA, how is the EVA gonna harm it?

But then again, this goes back to me saying that Johnny can just teleport inside the Unit 0-1 and attack it from there.

Overlord essentially covered why that doesn’t work. Plus, given the very much so non-traditional natural of EVAs compared to most mechas, I doubt that Johnny’s gonna instantly know the “ideal” spot to teleport to
But if Johnny's inside the EVA, how is the EVA gonna harm it?
The thing is, Johnny isn’t gonna be able to do anything if he tries this, so it isn’t a point against Shinji

I mean, Johnny would be attempting to attack the inside of an organic mech only to be stopped due to what was mentioned above. Not to mention, he probably assumes he’s attacking a mecha, rather than something with organs and LCL within it

Anyhow, because the organ attacking point can’t be used, I believe the votes so far for Johnny should be removed, as it isn’t a wincon

I mean, Johnny would be attempting to attack the inside of an organic mech only to be stopped due to what was mentioned above. Not to mention, he probably assumes he’s attacking a mecha, rather than something with organs and LCL within it
If anything, Johnny assuming that it's just a regular would make him come closer to the mech and find a way to discharge it.

Except…he can’t discharge it. That’s not how it works….

Either way, the votes for Johnny so far can’t be used

Can Shinji do anything if Johnny's inside him (pause)?
The EVA could probably squish him with the A.T. Field probably

though honestly, i don't see there being even room for him to teleport inside to begin with.. except the cockpit, which considering what happened the last times Shinji was directly affected by something either causes EVA to go batshit berserk or Johnny to be third impacted. So not the best of ideas.

Anyway, considering A.T. Fields generate very quickly, the EVA itself has good regen and has unlimited stamina thanks to the S2 Engine, i think they win

though honestly, i don'see there being even room for him to teleport inisde to begin with.. except the cockpit, which considering what happened the last times Shinji was directly affected by something either causes EVA to go batshit berserk or Johnny to be third impacted. So not the best of ideas.
Of course Johnny would be the type of guy to accidentally cause the Third Impact

Back