• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

John Egbert tries to solo your favorite verse

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Happy 4/13 Homestuck fans.

God-Tier John armed with his Retcon Powers tries to solo your favorite verse.

Speed Equalized

Round 1: Gauntlet Scenario

Round 2: John starts at a random spot in your verse and is allowed to explore at his leisure.

Round 3: Same as Round 2, but John isn't trying to clear. It's just a "what would John do if he was in your favorite verse" scenario.

John Egbert god tier

Seems interesting. Though 2-A is way too high for any of my favorite verses.

Death and Destiny: He solos. All three rounds. Though he doesn't seem to have resistance to mind hax or biological manip. So the gods could mind hax/turn him inside out from the realm of the gods.

The Gamer: He solos again. All three rounds. But characters here also have mind manip so something could happen here as well. And time acceleration makes it a bit more likely.

Katekyo Hitman Rebor: He solos. All three rounds. Illusions could possibly incap him. Since he doesn't resist. But that's really about it, aside from possibly being petrified.

Gash Bell and Kiyomaru Takamine: He solos. All three rounds. Though, once again, he doesn't have resistance to mind manip so his mind could be hijacked. Or gravity manip so he could be pulled apart. Or durability negation so he could be disintegrated.

Dragon Lore and Love: Isis and Osiris: He solos. All three sounds. It's possible one of the Tyets could steal his soul. Or Nepthys could kill him with her specters. That's really the only shot they have though.

Psyre: He solos. All three rounds. Though there's folk in here with mind manip, the main character that can obliterate matter, someone with lethal poison, and a character with matter disassembly among others that could possibly give him trouble.

I'm probably missing some verses, but that's about it. He clears pretty easily since most of them can't really scratch a 2-A.

...But he's not trying to solo in round 3. He's just there to explore. He's not malicious, he's not going to just kill everything for the hell of it.

Oh, whoops.

I mean, if he's there just chilling, he seems like a friendly enough guy so he'd probably befriend people.

Except for Death and Destiny The gods might try to smite him since they didn't create him. And they're a bit petty in that way.

Warhammer 40,000: Loses to a powerful enough Daemon in Round 1 and 2, unless he's willing to ret-con enough to nuke the setting. Probably aids the Imperium of Man and gets mistaken for a Saint or something.

Cthulhu Mythos: Gets stomped in Round 1 and 2. He'd be fine in Round 3 since most of the verse will leave you alone if you do so for them as well. Gets his own cult (whether he likes it or not) and probably explores the Dreamlands once he learns about them.

Dragon Ball: Clears. Not sure what he'd do in Round 3.

One Punch Ma: Clears hard. Same as above.

Mob Psycho 100: Same as above.

For Round 3 in OPM, he'd probably just become like Saitama. Kinda just muddling about, occasionally saving people, and playing video games and watch shitty movies. He'd probably think actual superheroes are cool until he met ones like Tatsumaki and lost interest.

Homestuck: John without plot armor is the new Tavros.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni: Make a mess in the Human Domain, **** the story if he interract with Sayo. Otherwise he would just chill between kakeras.

Medaka Box: Should win except if he gets haxed to hell before. For R3, his Retcon powers would likely interrest Kumagawa or Ajimu.

Discworld: Homestuck but with less technology.

Well, Idk who added this, since I don't remember any thread talking about this. Like, John was killed by LE "narrative erasure" (even if his body is still intact).

It seems that the "void manip" is where "information/data manip" should be.

Hunter X Hunter: R1 solos hard. R2 solos hard again. R3 find out about Greed Island and play it? He seems to be a whimsical character who does what he wants to he might just enjoy the world at his own leisure. Then again HxH is a largely ****** up world so idk.

Warhammer 40,000: R1 loses to a powerful enough character. R2 sees how ****** up 40k is and retcons most of it. R3 probably disgusted by most of the shit that happens. No one is "right" in 40k so I don't know who he'd align with if he wanted.

Magi: R1 probably solos if he uses Retcon Powers, if not get stomped by a powerful enough God. R2 same as above, though he might just get sniped by a higher God before he does anything. R3 join Aladdin and roll around in women.

Saint Seiya: R1 solos most characters might stop at Chronos if he doesn't use 1-A hax. R2 same. R3 idk if he would care about any of the wars going on maybe just slap Hades in the face and stop him from taking over.

YuriAkuto said:
Well, Idk who added this, since I don't remember any thread talking about this. Like, John was killed by LE "narrative erasure" (even if his body is still intact).
He resisted than LE's erasure for several days tho.

Also, he can resist the effects of the Stardust Glitches, which were erasing the narrative and reality of Homestuck.

Therefir said:
YuriAkuto said:
He resisted than LE's erasure for several days tho.
Was a time given? I mean, he was either in what was Paradox Space or in Earth C, where he nearly instantly died. And Jade's body wasn't directly erased either by said "poison".

Tho it can be considered as either Retcon and Alt Calliope influence, or the poison being just an alternate way to do erasure.

YuriAkuto said:
Was a time given? I mean, he was either in what was Paradox Space or in Earth C, where he nearly instantly died. And Jade's body wasn't directly erased either by said "poison".

Tho it can be considered as either Retcon and Alt Calliope influence, or the poison being just an alternate way to do erasure.
All the time since LE bit him, his time with Terezi (which I think it was described as several days in their perspective), until he retcon to Earth C.

He didn't "instantly" died the moment he was in Earth C, he died because he used all of his power left to go there with Terezi, and I bet Ultimate Dirk had something do with it, judging by the way he was narrating the events.

And the Stardust Glitches should still give him those resistances.

I'm still not sure if it counts as a resistance or just the "poison" taking some times, but I'm fine with either for now.

Stardust Glitches aren't existence erasure tho, more information manip on a high scale.

I'm not an expert on 1-A stuff, but according to other threads, they're around Warhammer levels of 1-A.

Well John in 99 percent of my verses would just solve all the problems of it like easily lol, Hokuto No Ken wouldn't even need to worry about its problems lol.

That said.....

World of Darkness: Caine doesn't believe in him.

Warhammer: If he's up there with the Chaos Gods and Emprah then I guess that's it? *Shrugs*

EOM should be higher into 1-A, I'll look into it after the forum move. Khorne just passively nulls everything he's got anyway. He can't beat Ynnead either. Even Yncarne might just ignore the plot hax.

EmperorRorepme said:
EOM should be higher into 1-A, I'll look into it after the forum move. Khorne just passively nulls everything he's got anyway. He can't beat Ynnead either.
Oh yeah, I forgot about Khorne.

SCP says nope to round 1 and 2

I didn't finish Homestuck so can't comment on round 3

Wow, John is very powerful, but not so haxxed. Also the picture of him looks so awesome. Anyways

Pokémon: Clearstomps sadly

Marvel Comics: TOAA Stomps

DC: The Presence Stomps due to being High 1-A

Back