• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

John Constantine Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he should have a 1-A Key with the Twin Blade for being able to take out the First of the Fallen who is more powerful than Lucifer Morningstar. I also think that he should have Probability and Fate Manipulation with his Synchronicity Wave.

And his profile is a bit... outdated looking. I was going to fix it to make it look a bit better, but it's locked.

Since when sid the First of the Fallen became more powerful than Lucifer. I mean, the First is pretty powerful but against Lucifer? Come on.

And didnt we already talked about John's twin blade feat before? That feat is pretty complicated as a feat. Constantine did formulated the Twin Blade's creation and he did planned out the destruction of the First, but it was Ellie the Succubus who was employed by Constantine to stab the First and kill him.

Oh, I have already discussed this with someone and I understand that he isn't more powerful than Lucifer, but the quote said Lucifer was more powerful than him.

But the other stuff about his profile being a mess still stands.

Well, there is a massive problem with scaling retroactively to the 1980s Hellblazer series from the 2000s Lucifer series, if the First of the Fallen was never remotely established to have such a massive power level at that point.

Anyway, I agree that his statistics for magic usage have no explanations, so it might be best to place them at unknown in lack of better options.

Agreed, but I am not very familiar with the character either.

I do know that the Synchronicity Wave should probably give him Probability Manipulation and Fate Manipulation from the basic description of it. It's listed in his page as just giving him "extreme luck", which is vague.

One thing he's missing is the ability to perform some of Zatanna's backwards magic. He does that way at the beginning of Justice League Dark.

Pretty sure the 9-A magic AP comes from incinerating a cultist down to the bone, but I'm not 100%.

FotF is nowhere near Luci and the series even implies that the First is below Remiel and Duma Also yeah probability manipulation. I think he can manipulate the synchronicity wave to an extent

So should we place his magic statistics as unknown?

Probably safer to leave him at Unknown for now, yeah. Although it'd be much preferable for us to find some good AP feats for his magic so that we can give him a rating again.

Also, dunno what's happened in it so far, but John has a DC Rebirth series now. Came out either last year or the year before. Might be worth reading to see if he does anything notable in that, seeing as it would be too recent for anyone to have featured in the respect threads that're floating around.

I also should probably point out the fact that his profile doesn't seem to have properly divided his classic self from his rebooted self. The key at the bottom only says "Pre-Reboot", and there seems to be no mention of whether or not his range of power is any different now than it was back when he was separate from the DCU. (Which, yeah, I'm pretty sure he's a lot more powerful now than he was back in the Vertigo-only days.)

@MrKingOfNegativity

Well, I do not know enough about the character to fix the problem.

@THCW

I am too busy. Sorry.

Okay. Should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back