• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

John Cena VS Yu (The Boxer)

So you're deadass just gonna say "this doesn't prove anything" and not debunk my argument to any extent of the word? Cool bro, peak debating.
:mad::mad::mad: yes. We literally see Aaron's attack do shockwaves. Which would hit Yu if he used sheer speed, this is why he needs to deflect. The fact he can even do this is proof it's not a speed blitz as you claim.

:mad::mad::mad: yes. We literally see Aaron's attack do shockwaves. Which would hit Yu if he used sheer speed, this is why he needs to deflect. The fact he can even do this is proof it's not a speed blitz as you claim.
???

The shockwaves are AoE? Yu was 100% getting hit by the shockwaves because they covered the entire boxing ring, dude. You can't dodge something that literally covers you all around. We're talking about the punch that CAUSES the shockwaves.

???

The shockwaves are AoE? Yu was 100% getting hit by the shockwaves because they covered the entire boxing ring, dude. You can't dodge something that literally covers you all around. We're talking about the punch that CAUSES the shockwaves.
I don't understand how exactly that counters my argument. He cannot avoid the damage through sheer speed. That doesn't mean anything near what you are saying.

I don't understand how exactly that counters my argument. He cannot avoid the damage through sheer speed. That doesn't mean anything near what you are saying.
It's because Aaron (the guy who apparently speedblitzes Yu into oblivion) could only graze/cut Yu because of Yu's bullshit levels of skill.

So like... is the argument here that because Yu could deflect Aaron's fist in the first place, it isn't skill? That's what I'm not getting, though. If he could dodge the attack, why would he deflect it. If he could dodge the attack, why would he have to lure Aaron to attack his wound to dodge.

If he wasn't getting speed-blitzed, why didn't he just use his bullshit reaction speed to dodge-god like he's done in every fight previous. If he wasn't getting speed-blitzed, he wouldn't have had to adapt and get faster in response to Aaron's attacks, as stated by Bob Norris.

There is no scenario where the argument that Yu wasn't getting speed-blitzed makes sense.

If he wasn't getting speed-blitzed, why didn't he just use his bullshit reaction speed to dodge-god like he's done in every fight previous. If he wasn't getting speed-blitzed, he wouldn't have had to adapt and get faster in response to Aaron's attacks, as stated by Bob Norris.
Because of the shockwaves. And ofc he had to get faster. If he is getting ******* on in strength, he needs to gain an advantage.

Because of the shockwaves. And ofc he had to get faster. If he is getting ******* on in strength, he needs to gain an advantage.
...The shockwaves don't matter. They weren't the things that were dangerous to him. The actual fist that produces the shockwaves is the thing that is dangerous.

The punch doesn't cover a large area of space. The SHOCKWAVE does. Aaron's fist doesn't suddenly grow bigger to cover the entire ring.
Which is caused by the punch. What are you actually saying? I'm arguing that shockwaves would be hard to dodge through sheer speed.

Which is caused by the punch. What are you actually saying? I'm arguing that shockwaves would be hard to dodge through sheer speed.
I legit don't get what your argument is dude. It is borderline incoherent as to what point your trying to make.

I literally do not know what you mean to say about the shockwaves. Your argument is incoherent as hell.
I think he's trying to say that the shockwaves are hard to dodge with sheer speed. I think his main complaint is with the shockwaves.

I think he's trying to say that the shockwaves are hard to dodge with sheer speed. I think his main complaint is with the shockwaves.
The shockwaves couldn't be dodged in the first place they LITERALLY covered the entire boxing ring.

I mean would I really tho? I mean kinda, but not necessarily.
Your argument is hinges on the shockwaves being dangerous to Yu for some reason. The shockwaves are said to effect the body and mind. Aaron tries to whittle away at Yu's mental stamina through this. Next chapter, Yu completely ignores this and dura negs Aaron into oblivion.

The shockwaves deadass didn't do anything to Yu.

Yu can just grab John Cena and start doing extracurricular activities with him and win, That's another wincon right there.
Cena also easily get distracted by hot men so chance of him doing any real damage are low, so that's another wincon that's two Wincons right there
Yu can also start using racial slurs and nsfw language and since Cena is a Babyface aka a hero in wrestling
So hearing Yu use nsfw language and slurs will make Cena angry 😡
So John will now approach Yu to teach him a lesson and Yu can knock him out via that as well, So that's three major Wincons right there.
Until further arguments these three Wincons stands still so I'll vote for Yu Kanda.

Also about the LS advantage, good luck trying to grab Yu when the dudes only got some small scratches from a skilled dude (Aaron) that massively outstats him, to the point that a single hit would've killed Yu. He couldn't even damage the dude who skilled him, but thanks to his dura neg, he was able to eventually strike his heart and kill him.
Yes but certain grabs and holds are far better in terms of AOE than punching, which is one of the very few boxing practices allowed

Ok so it looks like a stomp which I had suspected reading the matchup initially tbf

we should really get some good matches for Cena...

Back