• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

John Cena VS Yu (The Boxer)

Don't know who to vote for. Since they're both at their peak, Yu has his durability negation, which will be a huge issue for Cena. Besides that, they're pretty equal in stamina, Yu could easily learn Cena's fighting style thanks to his analytical prediction and intelligence. However, Cena has a massive LS advantage here, and he could easily win this fight if he grabbed Yu at the right spots.

I think Yu's Analytical Predict might be far too much for Cena to handle here.

We've talked about how OP it is on a thread before. Even people who are just as skilled as Yu can at best land small scratches on him.

Eh no one was really as skilled as Yu. There are a bunch of monsters though, but none of them are at Yus level skill. The only one that comes close to him is Aaron, which I'll shortly talk about a bit below.

Also about the LS advantage, good luck trying to grab Yu when the dudes only got some small scratches from a skilled dude (Aaron) that massively outstats him, to the point that a single hit would've killed Yu. He couldn't even damage the dude who skilled him, but thanks to his dura neg, he was able to eventually strike his heart and kill him.

kill him.
Aaron isn't dead. 🗿

But yeah, Cena really does not have any wincons. Yu is going to be dancing around him and hitting him with dura neg punches every moment. It'll be worse when I give Yu Reactive Evolution as well lmfao. I'm not joking.

Ah man what. I don't recall reading that. Is it from the bonus chapters? Man, I don't read the final few bonus chapters and he's back.

Damn. Now I feel like I missed out.

No he's not back lmao. I was memeing. I was saying that they "should" bring him back because he was a wholesome character. He's still a potato, I just hope he comes back before the extra chapters end.

Bumpty bump.

So, do we all agree on this is a stomp or nah? Kinda want @DemonicDude to come here and debate since he seems knowledgeable, but I don't really know what John Cena can do here considering his profile.

On another note, how do we treat Yu's dura neg? I know the whole damaging the internal organs, but how would that work against say, 9A?

Because I really wanna make Yu vs Yor match up, but the 9A stats of her hurts.

I'd say his dura neg would still work on a 9-A. Considering that he straight up couldn't even make Aaron flinch with his normal punches but began making Aaron bleed like a mother-****** once he began using dura neg, the reason Aaron survived for so long only being because he's just that built different, I'd say it would probably work on Yor.

No he's not back lmao. I was memeing. I was saying that they "should" bring him back because he was a wholesome character. He's still a potato, I just hope he comes back before the extra chapters end.
talk about luck Holy shit. We say he's a potato a few days ago and the ****** recovers in the last chapter.

1. Boxers in Yu's verse are restricted to certain attacks. Their movement is slowed and options are limited.
2. A grappler with the skill of John Cena could probably catch Yu, even if once. The fact he is able to catch people like Kurt Angle multiple times is a very very impressive feat. Especially considering KA should have IR. However if you wanna argue against that, I could just say Jericho has IR and call it a day.
3. Aaron Tide, a boxer nowhere near Yu's skill being probably the least skilled Boxer Yu fights (other than those scrubs and Viktor) hitting Yu is crazy. So to say John Cena couldn't is a stupid argument.
Wrap it up, John Cena asks how his day goes before catching him literally once dropping him to the floor and hitting an STF.

1. Boxers in Yu's verse are restricted to certain attacks. Their movement is slowed and options are limited.
Yu is not slow and limited options in terms of attacks doesn't mean that his attacks are not fatal. He's actually faster than Cena.
2. A grappler with the skill of John Cena could probably catch Yu, even if once. The fact he is able to catch people like Kurt Angle multiple times is a very very impressive feat. Especially considering KA should have IR. However if you wanna argue against that, I could just say Jericho has IR and call it a day.
Yu is, quite literally, worlds apart from Cena in skill and reaction speed. The day John Cena catches Yu in a grapple is the day the moon falls onto the Earth.
3. Aaron Tide, a boxer nowhere near Yu's skill being probably the least skilled Boxer Yu fights (other than those scrubs and Viktor) hitting Yu is crazy. So to say John Cena couldn't is a stupid argument.
Because Aaron Tide DEADASS outstatted Yu in every conceivable manner to such a LUDICROUS degree that he could've killed Yu in a legit single attack, and when he started using boxing technique he started blitzing him multiple times over.

Quite capping.

Yeah, I have no clue how Cena wins this...

Yu is far too skilled.

@azontr is there anyone from the verse that will be a better matchup for the WWE verse?

Yu is not slow and limited options in terms of attacks doesn't mean that his attacks are not fatal. He's actually faster than Cena.

Yu is, quite literally, worlds apart from Cena in skill and reaction speed. The day John Cena catches Yu in a grapple is the day the moon falls onto the Earth.

Because Aaron Tide DEADASS outstatted Yu in every conceivable manner to such a LUDICROUS degree that he could've killed Yu in a legit single attack, and when he started using boxing technique he started blitzing him multiple times over.

Quite capping.
1. I'm saying his opponents were.
2. Once again he got caught by Aaron.
3. When did he ever speed blitz?

1. I'm saying his opponents were.
2. Once again he got caught by Aaron.
3. When did he ever speed blitz?
Stated that it would be impossible to avoid through sheer speed, and Yu had to reflect his fist in an entirely different direction to even dodge it properly.

And he got "grazed" by Aaron. He got cut by Aaron. He didn't get directly hit, Aaron cut him. Because of a ludicrous stat advantage. That Cena doesn't have.

And again, Yu's opponents being limited in movement doesn't mean he won't immediately adapt his movements to a new opponent like Cena given he has accelerated development, soooo...

This doesn't at all prove a speed blitz?
Yu couldn't avoid the attack with sheer speed, but all Aaron did was graze/cut him, and that was only because Aaron had a massive stat advantage against him.

Imagine how Cena would fair against Yu, as his advantages aren't nearly as big. He'd get shit on.

Back