• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jiren vs Yu Tendo! A DBS and Beyblade matchup that isn't spite ovo

"Even though he's been shown to do that for quite a bit."

Irrelevant. Its not on his page, so I can practically say this is made up. Either get it passed via a CRT or its not amounting to anything.

"Yes. Doesnt help you there, however".

It wasnt supposed to. It was to show both can do so against each other, so it doesnt suddenly become an advantage in either favor.

"Stamina Drains/Absorbptions doesnt really help you, when you could just break through Libra's Stamina Absorption/Drain ability."

You do know this is done through the use of energy attacks and sonic vibrations yes? Thats not something that can just be ignored without resistance to it.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Oh I'm sorry. I mean't getting knock out of the arena, crashing into the arena. That has defeated beys before. I have an issue with Beyblade matches in general as I find to many things in the verse are not considered and are taken advantage of. But that is a discussion for another time unless someone wants to discuss it on my wall.
Ahh my bad, misinterpreted this.

I have no problem with discussing this somewhere else though. You're more than welcome ovo

Can I just say that the Durability Negation is a no. Being able to attack a bey's spirit form is not Durability Negation. Especially when attacking a spirit form only happens when it itself appears. By this logic all Digimon would have durability negation because they can all attack another Digimon's Digicore.

This Power Null iirc focuses more on Bey rotation than anything else due to the sharp tip.

I can't even picture the fight ffs.

Like:

"Jiren is fighting a beyblade. Jiren dashes while preparing to launch attacks only for the beyblade to count-" yep, definitely gonna be weird vuv

Isnt destroying souls durability negating though? At least I thought it was.

That should be dealt with in a different thread though. But Libra's power null should still be pretty straight foward as attacks from other beys doesnt harm it (as long as AP gap isnt too big incase someone pulls NLF) and Yu explains the sharp tip cancels out the power of opponent attacks. Its much more than just bey rotation.

Umm, no. There is a difference between being able to attack and destroy souls when they appear and attacking/destroying them directly.

What kind of attacks? If they are still direct contact moves, then it is still rotation based.

How are direct attacks rotation based? If a bey hits you, the power of the attack can still bring damage, it has nothing do with slowing down their rotation.

Plus Dragon, your forgetting Verse Equalization would make the attacks still nullifyable by Libra.

Direct attacks that require direct contact are the only reason said tip is even useful. From the profile it self. "Libra's eternal sharp performance tip can cancel out the power of opponent attacks" If it is a result of the performance tip, the it is defense for physical attacks. Ranged moves are not stopped.

No, Verse Equalization doesn't make it nullifiable in the way you are using it. What are the exact details of the power null. Seeing as it is performance tip based, it seems more to only protect him from contact moves.

Matter of fact, where does this power null come from? Going by the actual Beyblade wiki, it says nothing about nullifying attacks and moreso being able to keep its balance.

Flame Libra T125ES: Yu's primary Beyblade in the Metal Saga It is a Stamina Type Beyblade with incredible endurance and impressive speed and attack power. Its Spin Track and Performance Tip allow it to spin for an incredibly long amount of time while maintaining balance, and can allow it to change direction easily. Libra's most unique ability is it's power to produce sonic vibrations which Yu uses for various purposes.

Sorry for this taking so long.

As far as only direct contact, well, Limited Power Null would cover it anyway. That said, there are instances where Libra isnt affected by just physical direct attacks.

-8:06 and beyond, here https://youtu.be/YHf80cdqXYU

The wind created by Leones wind attacks do absolutely nothing to Libra as it casually heads directly into it. And before the "it read the flow" argument comes up, even with the benefit of the doubt, Leones tornados would still be way too powerful to just charge into without it defeating you and if that was the case, then Yu wouldnt be stupid enough to send Libra directly into the wind if its performance tip couldnt cancel out their power against it. In addition, Leone then makes multiple tornados with a special move, which still does nothing to Libra who battles through it no problem.

-6:26 here https://youtu.be/qKG67HVFxio

Libra takes a hit from another wind based attack from Leone, a surprise attack at that, and isn't effected in the slightest.

-7:12 here https://youtu.be/pSWp8sSNosg

While Eagle is directly attacking, its simutaneously unleashing a shockwave that fights against Libras. So Eagle isnt just physically ramming at it, but also using a virlbration attack, which Libra lasts with no issues (until Pegasus intervenes with an un-mastered Storm bringer).

-13:26 here https://youtu.be/ekz3Xl2NSTk

Pegasus attacks using wind from its tornado special move Tornado Wing and it does absolutely nothing to Libra. And before "because of its balance" is thrown, that is only one of the reasons. Its canceling the power of the attack to remain unaffected as balance wouldnt stop the power of the attack from hitting it and if it couldnt null it, then Libras balance alone would be irrelevant. Plus Yu comments on Libra not "budging an inch".

Then at 20:02, Pegasus spirit form unleashes energy blasts from Storm Bringer that cut through Libras vibrations, but its still required to hit Libra with a strong attack to actually defeat it.

-https://youtu.be/AsYbrOHCPKM

At 13:33, Libras taking attacks from Serpants spirit form and comes back from it no problem.

-18:26 here https://youtu.be/948JQ0k32E8

While Excaliburs beys were much stronger than Libra at this point, Libra remained unaffected by the Cetus's water attack until it got overpowered, showing to an extent another non-direct attack doesn't do anything.

- https://youtu.be/1vAub8Z3sK8

This time, while unable to break through the Cetus beys defenses, Libra isn't affected by their water artacks this time. On multiple occasions during the tag match.

These should do it for now. I could provide more showings if needed.

As for the statement of Libra nulling attacks, the Beyblade wiki not having it isn't surprising since its, well not vague, but lacks a good amount of material that you'll need to find in-series to get. Here's Yus comment on it at 15:55 https://youtu.be/v7vFlggIj-0

Yu outright confirms Libras eternal sharp performance tip cancels out any opponents attack. While obvious NLF if the gap is too big, canceling out their attacks when it's hit by them should be nulling them through and through.

Chartate101 said:
I'm actually changing my vote to Libra. Forgot about Low/Mid-Godly Rege
Actually no. Libras one of those rarest (and sadly unfortunate) beys that doesnt get the regen since Libra doesnt have a spiritual form. It's just a bey with some abilities and strong durability.

@Ant

Inconclusive I'll definitely add for now incase u want to change it later.

Shouldn't Libra scale to litterally every other bey in the verse? I plus, it does show its symbol above it while using its special moves. I feel like when beys in general have spirit forms, Libra realistically should have one too, even if it isn't shown

Chartate101 said:
Shouldn't Libra scale to litterally every other bey in the verse? I plus, it does show its symbol above it while using its special moves. I feel like when beys in general have spirit forms, Libra realistically should have one too, even if it isn't show
Has to be proof of this though.

Ant is right about that. The symbols are either just special effects or just that, symbols really. Its way too speculative to assume all beys have a spiritual form.

Back