• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jiren (Chou) question

Status
Not open for further replies.
0030-041.png

assuming characters have self sustance because of flying in space is meh, i think unless the character is shown to be perfectly fine in space, it shouldn't be treated like that, i mean he could've been holding his breath

Yeah depends on how long it took for him to reach it, and even then he could've been holding for longer than normal humans can
That's what i thought. Saitama doesn't have Type 1 Self Sustenance for being on the Moon so i don't see how Jiren should have it. He straight up said it's faster than a spaceship.

the picture implies that he held his breath
If he could breath in space then there's no reason to use a spaceship at all, he could just fly, and it's faster that way. However, it's implied by Toppo and Dyspo that he uses spaceships regularly.

This was a special ocassion because he needed to be there fast.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you'd have to prove he didn't hold his breath. Last time i checked we didn't gave anyone feats based on assumptions.

I'm pretty sure you'd have to prove he didn't hold his breath. Last time i checked we didn't gave anyone feats based on assumptions.
Well the logical assumption is that he doesn't need to breathe in space, and holding his breath is just unlikely and a way bigger assumption. Everyone who can't breathe in space in db die very quickly when in a vacuum, but that isn't the case for jiren.

if he doesn't have SS1 he will die very soon, even if the planet distance was as close as from Earth to Moon, here he fly from a place to a planet with life, mean he atleast cross a distance compare to our Solar System to another Star System, close to 4 light years away. So unless he instantly move from one place to another which mean Infinite speed, or he teleport, but he clearly say he fly to there by himself. Even if he doesn't need to breathe he still have SS1 for no need to breathe anyway

if he doesn't have SS1 he will die very soon, even if the planet distance was as close as from Earth to Moon, here he fly from a place to a planet with life, mean he atleast cross a distance compare to our Solar System to another Star System, close to 4 light years away. So unless he instantly move from one place to another which mean Infinite speed, or he teleport, but he clearly say he fly to there by himself. Even if he doesn't need to breathe he still have SS1 for no need to breathe anyway
You know that he can hold his breath while he is in space until he arrives at the planet, right?

You know that he can hold his breath while he is in space until he arrives at the planet, right?
You are the one who need to prove he can hold his breathe long enough to fly to the planet that on manga panel. Or the burden of proof is on you

The distances between Earth and the closest planet with life
two scenario which either Mars (Mars in the habitable zone of Sun, so theoretically it can contain life), or 4 light years which is the closest Solar System)
I said timeframe, not distance, i'm referig to the breath debate
the timeframe is unknown, but look at Toppo and Dyspo face Jiren must be very fast and the distance he covered is pretty big

If jiren reached it in a small timeframe, i don't see the problem with him holding his breath, average joe can last up to 1 minute and a half and the world record is 24 minutes, more than enough for someone that fast to reach a planet even at the edge of the universe.

And that's not assuming he catched a breath on some planets on the way in.

Is a far bigger assumption to remove the need of oxygen than to just have him do something as easy as holding his breath

and why we should assume he hold his breath, on this wiki it is default that all character breathe unless proven otherwise, thus going out of space and not dying is SS1 by default, the burden of proof will be on you guys to prove he hold his breathe

If someone says they swim through 2km underwater, the first thing you would think is not that he can breath underwater, obviously. The lesser assumption would be that he can either swim very fast or hold his breath for a very long time.

If someone says they swim through 2km underwater, the first thing you would think is not that he can breath underwater, obviously. The lesser assumption would be that he can either swim very fast or hold his breath for a very long time.
No that's a horrible analogy, no nornal dude can swim 2km in 1 minute, and if they can't breathe under water then why swim 2km under water instead of just surfacing to breathe air? The logical assumption is that air is not a problem for them.

How about a "possibly self-sustenance type 1" with a brief explanation, as a compromise solution? Or have you reached another conclusion here by now?

That's the thing, holding your breath in space will not save you thanks to the vacuum, also, just take a look at the page itself:

Type 1: Respiratory Self-Sustenance: The ability to live indefinitely without oxygen (or whatever substance that the creature's species breathes). This includes surviving in the vacuum of space or in the depths of an ocean. This may provide resistance to certain gas-based toxins

If Jiren managed to survive, it's already enough to add it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back